Long walk!

MrsA2014

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm meant to be doing a sponsored walk on Sunday which is 14 miles do you think I'm still ok to do this?
I wasn't that worried about it but asked my doctor and he seemed a little concerned because it was a really long walk. He said he couldn't tell me either way to go ahead or not. What do you think?

I did a 13 mile walk for charity a couple of yrs ago took me 3 hrs was rock hard. I definitely could not do that now being pregnant but I'm not a very physically fit person. If u are naturally athletic/sporty I'd say maybe but its a big challenge for anyone. Good luck if.you go for it

I probably wouldn't but that's just because no matter what people might say about it, I strongly feel that on our church couples getaway we did a ton of walking and I went into labor early, walking is great in pregnancy but I think there is a point that could be too much and yes it does vary on your physical fitness level but even then 13 miles is quite a bit esp. If you felt like the dr seemed concerned

If you normally walk a lot then I would go for it. If not, back out. If you're not telling anyone you are pregnant yet, tell them you sprained your ankle. Charity events exist to raise money, so if you feel bad about backing out, just donate more.

My dr said don't take on any new kinds of excercise, but keep doing excercise you normally do. Except contact sports, he said no to that.

If it would be within your fitness level pre-pregnancy and you feel well, I say go for it! Stay extra hydrated and bring protein bars or trail mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->