Looking for A Buddy Due in May (May 22 for me)

Aimee1003

Reaction score
HI! This is my first pregnancy and I would love to have some women to talk to and go through this process with. We are not announcing for many more weeks and I am already bursting at the seams. Got the BFP on Sept 13th, Due May 22nd. My appt for the dating scan is Oct 3rd.

Hi - i'll buddy up. Not quite sure how that's done but will investigated.

i reckon i'm also due in May - around the 26th. Have first appointment with drs on monday - am counting the days to that and looking forward to having the first scan so i can tell people. Am going to tell my mum on Saturday but havent told anyone else other than my partner and i don't think it will really sink in for him until i visit the drs! Must be difficult for the guys when they have no symptoms. I think i'll need to let work know fairly soon because of the nature of what i do but i'll ask that they keep it quiet.

I only came off the pill a month ago this week so consider myself very lucky. Just hoping it all goes ok.

Would be great to hear from others due around the same time.

I was only off the pill 2 months. I can't believe you have a dr. appt already! Jealous! I have a dating ultrasound at 7 weeks (with only a technician) but I won't see the doctor until 9 weeks.

I was only off the pill 2 months. I can't believe you have a dr. appt already! Jealous! I have a dating ultrasound at 7 weeks (with only a technician) but I won't see the doctor until 9 weeks.

In the UK, i think we typically have an appointment with the dr/midwife once you know you are pregnant and then the ultrasound is not until 10-14 weeks so although i get to see the midwife on monday, i wont get to know the specific date for a while so i'd probably prefer the early ultrasound to convince me there's something there. Am impressed though that the way they work out how far gone you are is from the start of your last period - at least this gives you a couple of weeks head start!

Which pill were you on? I was on cerazette which I think is classed as a mini-pill (progesterone only?). Wonder if that makes a difference to how quickly you can fall pregnant?

Have you told anyone yet or will you wait till 12 weeks?

I think i've worked out how to send a friend request so will keep you informed!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure i ovulated 3 weeks ago today so am counting today/tomorrow as 5 weeks pregnant. My mum will be really pleased (although she'll pretend to be relaxed to stop me getting too excited too early). Will be funny to see her face - she knows we were thinking about trying but everything after that happened so quickly!

I was on seasonale.

I told one friend (one of my running partners who I knew would bust my cover if I didn't tell her) and of coure, my DH. We are waiting until the u/s before we tell our parents. I wish I could wait til 12 weeks but I think I am going to announce at 10. It is so hard to keep the secret!!! What about you?

Hello first time! That is awesome. I also am starting to feel more confident that this pregnancy might make it.

You are both very lucky you fell so early, we have been trying for a year. And megga existed now we are pregnant. What symptoms do you have lady's? As I have blown up like a balloon, very tiered and warn out. I look more like 7 months preg lol.
My first scan is booked for fri (7 weeks) as I had problems before. Once all is ok with that they will pass me on to the midwife :)
I have told my parents bro & sis and best friend as can not help be exited.
Work are bound to start asking questions as I look so big already :-(
How do you both feel? As well exited of course :)

Hi girls I'm due on the 14th of may can I join you? This will be my second

Oh wish we got a scan at 7.5 weeks I have to wait till around 12 weeks so won't be till the end of October. I have my first midwife apointment on wed tho can't wait

i've got my first midwife appointment today. I had a very small amount of brown spotting on saturday which has freaked me out a bit so not feeling as excited or confident that all is well anymore. The midwife sounded lovely on the phone though so hopefully she'll do some tests to confirm all is ok. I'll let you all know what they ask etc! Hope you are all ok? x

Hope everything is ok, if just spotting hopefully it's ok :).
Let us know what the midwife saysand any tips you can give us all until we see ours.
Welcome pip s, I would hate having to wait till 12 weeks for my scan, but its only coz things have not gone right in the past. So at least they think all is ok with you :)x

Hi all - thought i'd give you an update: Appointment went well. feel much happier. they asked me loads of questions about health issues, diet, lifestyle etc but all of that brought me out as a low risk so feeling happier now. I asked at what stage would you find out if you were having an ectopic and apparently its normally by the 6th week so am using that as my next milestone! they sending a sample off for urinary tract infection testing (standard apparently) and did some protein tests on it there and then - all fine. They didn't confirm the pregnancy (they take your word for it) although i kind of wished they would (even though i've done about 8 tests!)

i told them about the spotting and they said that, as it was on saturday, if it'd been a warning sign then something probably would have happened by now so that was a relief. My next appointment is two weeks time for the standard blood tests.

the midwife gave me a huge folder of info with loads of magazines, leaflets etc in it. it is labelled 'pregnancy information folder' in huge letters so i suggest you take a carried bag to hide it in if you're likely to bump into anyone on the way out of the doctors!

i am hoping i get a date for my scan soon. its done at 12-14 weeks if there are no complications. the earlier the better i think then i can tell people.

Let us know how everyone else gets on so we know what to expect. x

Hi, i'm due my third on may 19th. So excited!!!!!

Had a little scare last week though. Went to my gp to confirm my pregnancy & mentioned some cramping pains i'd been having. He booked me into the Early pregnancy unit the next morning. Suspected ectopic. Thankfully the scan revealed everything was fine. Such a relief.

Wishing everyone healthy pregnancies with their may bundles :baby:

I am so happy for everyone!!! I go in for my first u/s on Oct 3rd, next Monday. I will let you know what to expect. If anyone wants to keep in contact, feel free to Private Message me. Talking to people on here is the only thing that allows me to keep my secret!!! For now- :)

Hi everyone. I had a bit of a scar today. Woke up in a lot of pain. Went to doc, that sent me to a&e. Turns out I have/had a cyst on my left overt that must have irrupted. Very painful, but they scanned me and glad to say my baby is fine and has a good heartbeat, very very pleased. So nice seeing it on the monitor an even tho only very small as only 6 1/2 weeks you can still see the heart beat flickering :). My cyst will not affect the baby thankfully.
But what I will say is if anyone is ever worried just ask for a early scan as once you see your baby like I did today it take so many worrys away :).
Good luck lady's x

Hi ladies! I'm due on May 23rd, and this is my first pregnancy. I'm going to add you all as friends so that we can keep in touch. I have been experiencing some light spotting since last night. The nurse I spoke with on the phone wasn't too concerned. Hoping everything turns out ok.

Hi j3ss,
Hope all is ok 2 for you. I have read loads about people spotting and still all been fine, so hope it's the same with you.
Let us know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->