Looking for a buddy who logs in a lot :)

Don't seem to be able to snap myself out of the awful, miserable mood I am in at the moment. I have suffered with severe depression in the past and really don't want to go back there. But at the moment I can't get myself together :nope:

Back at work tomorrow after the holiday so at least that's a distraction and something to pull my pathetic ass out of bed for

Is ttc getting you down? The ups and downs of it all? Glad you will have a distraction and I hope you feel better soon.

The constant disappointment for 18 months and then the heart break of a miscarriage. I'd say less ups and downs and more a gradual down hill movement

Don't seem to be able to snap myself out of the awful, miserable mood I am in at the moment. I have suffered with severe depression in the past and really don't want to go back there. But at the moment I can't get myself together :nope:

Back at work tomorrow after the holiday so at least that's a distraction and something to pull my pathetic ass out of bed for

Is ttc getting you down? The ups and downs of it all? Glad you will have a distraction and I hope you feel better soon.

The constant disappointment for 18 months and then the heart break of a miscarriage. I'd say less ups and downs and more a gradual down hill movement

I am so sorry about the mc. that is devastating. And after trying for so long, I can only imagine how hard that would be.

Until recently, I wasn't even aware of how hard this ttc journey could be. It seems like it can be very long and the uncertainty even when there is a positive sign makes all the more difficult.

Are you feeling any better today?

Km- so so sorry you've feeling like that. You're so strong for trying for 18 months and just now taking a break. Next month will be 1 year and We've already wanted to take a break.

I am so sorry about the mc. that is devastating. And after trying for so long, I can only imagine how hard that would be.

Until recently, I wasn't even aware of how hard this ttc journey could be. It seems like it can be very long and the uncertainty even when there is a positive sign makes all the more difficult.

Are you feeling any better today?

Everyone on this thread has miscarried. We are all living proof of how hard this can be

Km- so so sorry you've feeling like that. You're so strong for trying for 18 months and just now taking a break. Next month will be 1 year and We've already wanted to take a break.

Well it's been 20 months now and I don't want a break it just seemed like the right thing to do. Definitely not convinced that it was the right choice cause I'm going out of my mind. Definitely not helped by the fact that I'm a biology teacher. My week thus far has consisted of:

1) four lessons of "fertilisation and pregnancy" with 11 year olds. This of course contains 100s of questions about how we conceive, what's infertility, what's a miscarriage etc
2) two seperate groups of kids asking me when I'm going to have a baby
3) three members of staff announcing their pregnancies this week (they are all due within 6 weeks of when I was)

This is in addition to the 21 other members of staff who have got pregnant and gone on mat leave (and now starting to come back) since I started TTC. It's insanity at our place!

How are you getting on anyway, looks like you have ovulated this time?

Well it's been 20 months now and I don't want a break it just seemed like the right thing to do. Definitely not convinced that it was the right choice cause I'm going out of my mind. Definitely not helped by the fact that I'm a biology teacher. My week thus far has consisted of:

1) four lessons of "fertilisation and pregnancy" with 11 year olds. This of course contains 100s of questions about how we conceive, what's infertility, what's a miscarriage etc
2) two seperate groups of kids asking me when I'm going to have a baby
3) three members of staff announcing their pregnancies this week (they are all due within 6 weeks of when I was)

This is in addition to the 21 other members of staff who have got pregnant and gone on mat leave (and now starting to come back) since I started TTC. It's insanity at our place!

Wow. I don't know if I could have survived a week like that. My week isn't nearly as bad but I get it. 2 people have given birth in the last week, my co worker just found out she is pregnant and it's the "I was on birth control" pregnancy. So even if she didn't take it perfectly she was still that small percentage that gets pregnant when they miss a pill. And then I saw that an old friend from high school is a surrogate for my ex boyfriend (who is gay). So not only am I jealous that she gets to be pregnant for someone else but that my ex can afford the thousands of dollars it takes for a surrogate.

I regret taking the break now.

Km- I'm sorry that sounds like an extra extra tough week. I wish I knew what would help but I think we all have tough weeks, yours just is about a thousand times worse. Hugs

I think I ovulated... My temps say so but I never got a positive opk. My darkest opk (about 70% of the way to positive) was cd 15 and FF says I ovulated cd 18. I've been spotting recently and expecting AF tomorrow based on that. I have an appointment on Monday with my doc to see what's going on.

Aayla- so sorry about the announcements. The Bcp announcements are the worst.

I read something interesting on a fertility clinic's website. They were explaining the procedure for IUI. The instructions said that the opk was to be dark but didn't have to be as dark as the control. I will try and find the link again.

Thanks Aayla! Question for you all:

My doctors appointment is Monday. I'm not sure what to tell my doctor. Technically I never got a positive opk but temps say I ovulated... Some doctors don't trust temps though... So I'm not sure if I should even say anything about my temp? Or just let her do whatever she thinks is the best. What do you ladies think?
Also, according to Google (I know I know lol) maybe I just didn't have a strong ovulation? Does that make sense? Thats why I never got a lh surge and that's why maybe I spotted and/or had low progesterone?

Do you all recommend any infertility books to read? I just got tcoyf and I've really liked it so fa. I have pcos and I've read abou people reversing it through the foods they eat. I bet it's true but I've never tried doing anything like that.

Thanks Aayla! Question for you all:

My doctors appointment is Monday. I'm not sure what to tell my doctor. Technically I never got a positive opk but temps say I ovulated... Some doctors don't trust temps though... So I'm not sure if I should even say anything about my temp? Or just let her do whatever she thinks is the best. What do you ladies think?
Also, according to Google (I know I know lol) maybe I just didn't have a strong ovulation? Does that make sense? Thats why I never got a lh surge and that's why maybe I spotted and/or had low progesterone?

I would not say anything unless the doctor prompts you. Except
1) I miscarried
2) I don't think I'm ovulating
3) my cycles don't seem right

Let the doctor steer the rest of the conversation around temps and OPKs. They will ask what they need to know

Do you all recommend any infertility books to read? I just got tcoyf and I've really liked it so fa. I have pcos and I've read abou people reversing it through the foods they eat. I bet it's true but I've never tried doing anything like that.

Personally haven't read any books on infertility and I wouldn't do so until you have doctors confirmation that you aren't ovulating. The more you read around it and worry about it the worse the whole thing becomes

Personally haven't read any books on infertility and I wouldn't do so until you have doctors confirmation that you aren't ovulating. The more you read around it and worry about it the worse the whole thing becomes

Taking charge of your fertility is a good one. It's about more than just infertility. It's about how to track your cycles and how important temping is just in general. It's great and I never realized how ignorant I was to this whole process and how little I knew about my body. I'm not aware of anything else though.

As for PCOS. there are different severities of it. Some reduce their carb intake and will lose some weight and it fixes itself. I was diagnosed at 18. I wasn't very overweight. Maybe 20 lbs. So even if i lost all the weight I have gained it wouldn't help me naturally. (it would help the medication work better though). But back when I was diagnosed no one really knew much about it. My GP didn't know anything and I had to give me what information I could find on our version of the web back then (20 years ago). Now it's an epidemic.

If you are overweight, start there. If you have to use fertility meds it will greatly increase their chances of working if you are at a healthy weight range. The meds are fat soluble. Meaning, they get absorbed into fat. Particularly clomid. So the more fat you have, the less they work. Femara/Letrozole works better on overweight people. At least by my experience. But it would still work better if I was at a more healthy weight. A relatively low carb diet (under 100g of carbs per day) will help.

Mrs Green: unless you have been temping for awhile (at least 6 months) and have a clear pattern of ovulation detection in temps but not in opks, I doubt she will take too much stock into it. especially if she doesn't already. But when you mention that something doesn't seem right. You can say you temped this last cycle and it showed a clear shift but no positive opk. Maybe you have LH problem.

I can't find the link. It was a random site that came up and I have to remember what I was searching for to begin with. lol I'm sure I will find it.

I can't for the life of me figure out
1) why all my posts seems to double post
2) how to delete them

I agree with what Aalya is saying about the dieting side of things. It can't hurt if you know you have PCOS. I just wouldn't get bogged down with the "infertility" label. I have PCOS but I am definitely not infertile. I've been pregnant, I have ovulated with and without clomid and 6 months of worrying that I was infertile once my cycles went totally whacky (at the 12st11lb mark) really did not do my mental health any good at all!

I'm doing ok! Cd 3 of a pretty rough AF but I have my doctors appointment on Monday so I'm excited and nervous for that.

How are you feeling now? Any better?

I'm doing ok! Cd 3 of a pretty rough AF but I have my doctors appointment on Monday so I'm excited and nervous for that.

How are you feeling now? Any better?

Ye definitely better than I was but still not great. The feeling shit is coming in waves now rather than constant like it was last week. I've realised being alone for any given length of time makes me feel so much worse. I'm ok if I'm busy or have company. I'm on CD10 myself but we "aren't trying" so I'm trying not to think about dates too much. Not working!!

Sorry you're having a rough AF, it makes it all so much worse doesn't it. Fingers crossed Monday works out well and you're given the help you need!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->