Looking for a buddy

toffee2010

Reaction score
Hi everyone ,

I am 4 months post partum and currently weigh 16.5 st , 4 stone over my usual weight ( traumatised ain't the word lol ) i have actually lost weight since birth which is great but need to step it up . Joined the gym 2 weeks ago and loving it . I go 3 times a week and as of tomorro I'll be working out on my days off from the gym . My weigh has always yo yo'd so always losing weight on and off but now I am changing my lifestyle rather than following a particular diet . I don't want to diet for now , it has to be a long term thing .

Even though me and oh watch what we eat together and work out , really want a buddy / buddies that I can report to and go through this tough weight loss journey with . I also want to improve my skin too , although I'll never get rid if the stretch marks on my tummy :wacko: lol

There is a really good site called indulgy.com ( picture sharing) , I go there for inspiration and collect all the photos that that motivate me. Also there are some great work out plans and some brilliant before and after photos too .

I don't have a problem with eating a balanced diet as I've eaten really well since I was pregnant . Constantly reviewing what I could do better anyway . It's more about consistency , the classic ' I've lost a couple a stone now I'll relax' attitude . Has to be long term , therefore , realistic goals and food choices are a must this time round .
Be nice to hear from people in a similar situation . share tips , things we've brought , goals short and long etc . Really looking for a tight knit set of friends as oppose to come and go's :thumbup:

Hi there!
Durring my pregnancy I gained 57 lbs! I had never struggled with my weight and always ate horribly, never exersiced. So you can imagine how scary it was to gain that much weight. When I gave birth 4 months ago to my lovely daughter, I only lost 7 lbs. My daughter was 8 lbs 6 oz. So technicaly I gained weight because of swelling.
At first I started off with walking because I couldn't exercise right away. the first couple of weeks, I lost the swelling weight not actual fat weight.
I had completely changed my diet to healthy! At first it was easy, I joined the gym as soon as my doctor gave me the okay.
Now today, 4 months later. I have lost 25 lbs. My diet is not the best but It's not as bad before I got pregnant. I don't exersice as much as I did, because to be honest I'm lazy. But I am slowly losing the weight and am almost at my pre-pregnancy weight. It's my tummy that doesn't want to go back to normal.:nope: But I have googled a bunch of ways to exersice with my daughter that way I don't have an excuse to not exersice.

Hi, my LO is only 6 weeks but I'm in the same situation.

After having ds I gained weight so this time I want to be pre active and change my diet for ever. I've always been Heavy and I went upto 16st when I fell pregnant with my dd. Over the last 3 weeks I've been doing slimming world and have lost 6.5lb and I currently weigh 14.7lb I'd like to be down to 12st

I want to get back into weight training but need to shift the body fat first so I've been walking loads lately. My short term goals are to be able to run for 30 minutes 3 times a week (I'm so unfit at the moment I don't even think I'd managed 5 minutes) and to fit comfortably into my size 16 jeans (I can get them done up at the moment but it's a really tight squeeze) these are my goals for the next 4 weeks.

I have an Ann Summers catalogue launch in 6 weeks and we have to go dressed in their school girl uniform which is scaring the crap out of me so I'm focusing on that to keep me on track.

What are your short term goals?

It's good to have that Ann summers night out as a goal . I have my bf's work duo as my goal . I love the kettle bell and very good at it , also boxing ... Quite strong for a girl but this time it's all about cardio only , no weight training .

My short term goals are to work out on my days off from the gym . Even if it's just 15 mins . X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->