Looking For Advice, 8 Weeks Pregnant

Elephant13

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,
Just looking for some reassurance really. I had an ectopic in Nov last year at 8 weeks and a mc at 9 weeks in May this year. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I have held out for my booking appointment as I didn't want to get caught up in getting my bounty packs etc only to be disappointed again. This time I thought i'd wait and see how I get on at 8 weeks and book to see my gp then.
I called the surgery this morning and they have no appointments until next Thursday as they cannot class me as an emergency (despite previous experience) So that will make me 9 weeks pregnant actually almost 10 weeks next Thursday when I go. Just wondered if anyone else has had their booking in appointment around this time and how long they then had to wait for their 12 week scan? I know i'm going to have to wait it out to get my scan appointment but if its after Christmas I am tempted to book a private scan just so I can have peace of mind over Christmas as i'm not sure I will be able to have an "early scan" being closer to the 12 week mark. I purposely avoided the early scan this time round hence waiting till now to book in as previously my gp insisted I have one and I wanted one due to the fact that I wanted to make sure my remaining tube worked. However even an early scan didn't mean that I was safe as I still miscarried 2 weeks later. Any reassurance would be much appreciated as i'm kicking myself slightly for not booking sooner! x

I had my booking appointment at 8+6 :) and got my 12week scan when I was 12+1 :)

I have my booking appt on Friday, because I had no period between coil removal and falling pregnant they have used that 9th Sep as my LMP date - making me 11+4 by their dates!

I know that isnt correct but presumably they must be able to book your scan very quickly after that appt?

Thanks for the really quick response ladies. Put my mind at ease already. I'm hoping they will book me in a scan before xmas so I can relax over xmas, I also wasn't sure if the ultrasound department opens between xmas and new year which was what I was worrying about that I may have to wait even longer for a scan date. I'm sure they don't like to keep ladies waiting longer than they have to and so fingers crossed I get a scan before xmas which will make me 12 weeks by then. Thanks for your feedback though its really much appreciated. I feel more nervous now then I have done before! Think its because now I'm having to sort appointments around work (I work for my dad so this is mega hard keeping schtum) and i'm going to have to be prepared to lie a bit until I reach that 12 week mark. Last time we told our parents after our early scan and my dad bless himw as so excited he told loads of people without even thinking, which would have been fine had we not then have to tell those people when something bad happened. Apologies for the essay I always feel loads better once I've written down all the little things whirling round my brain lol. I hope you are both well, how far along are you both now? x

I understand completely, its so hard for the first 12 weeks fitting appts in without letting anyone know you're pregnant!

I'm sure they always have last minute appointments - if at your booking in appt they see that you are nearly 10 weeks they will make sure you get seen before you are 13+6 as that is the latest they can do the Downs screening.

I don't know how far along I am! I got a positive test 25th Oct so I think about 8+4.

I had some bleeding this weekend though so have a scan today at 3.20 to check everything is ok - keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Thanks so much for your reassurance. I will definitely keep everything crossed for you. Its such a worrying time but I will keep everything crossed, please let us know how the scan goes. I'm sure when you go they will give you a rough idea of how far you actually are so at least you will have a better idea of weeks :) keeping everything crossed..fingers...toes...legs....eyes....oh no wait eyes is not good lol :winkwink:

ps. Just sicked up all my lunch at work boohoo.

I'm the same as you. I've held off until now, my appointment's tomorrow which will make me pretty much 9 weeks. I didn't want to go too early only to ring up and tell them bad news ect.. I think at 9/10 weeks you should have enough time to book your 12 week scan xxx

ps. Just sicked up all my lunch at work boohoo.

Oh no...that's not good at all...on the plus atleast you're being sick! Its a good sign :) You will be at hosp now so am thinking positive thoughts for you! x

Hey Gizzy, thanks for your response hun. Sounds like i'm only a week behind you :happydance::happydance: how are you feeling? I'm hoping if I go to the drs next week he may ring them while I am there. Have just spoke to my oh though and he said if a scan is after xmas then he is more than happy to book a private scan just for some peace of mind over xmas and we can hopefully tell people at Christmas like I was hoping to! So i'm just going to go with it and see what happens! x

Hey Gizzy, thanks for your response hun. Sounds like i'm only a week behind you :happydance::happydance: how are you feeling? I'm hoping if I go to the drs next week he may ring them while I am there. Have just spoke to my oh though and he said if a scan is after xmas then he is more than happy to book a private scan just for some peace of mind over xmas and we can hopefully tell people at Christmas like I was hoping to! So i'm just going to go with it and see what happens! x

I'm feeling not too bad today :) but at times I do feel sick and my stomach aches, feels a little bit like period pain which gets me worried that i'll mc lol but I've passed my milestone from last time so feeling pretty good. Since last week I haven't noticed much difference in symptoms, still feel the same. That's great that you will get a scan just in time for Christmas :happydance: My last scan was at 6 weeks due to complications but I can't wait till my 12 week scan! Everytime I reach the end of another week I'm like yay! Hope all goes will for you though hun x

I'm feeling not too bad today :) but at times I do feel sick and my stomach aches, feels a little bit like period pain which gets me worried that i'll mc lol but I've passed my milestone from last time so feeling pretty good. Since last week I haven't noticed much difference in symptoms, still feel the same. That's great that you will get a scan just in time for Christmas :happydance: My last scan was at 6 weeks due to complications but I can't wait till my 12 week scan! Everytime I reach the end of another week I'm like yay! Hope all goes will for you though hun x

I am exactly the same, symptoms have been quite the same and consistent for a good couple of weeks now. I am the same with the cramps though. Feels at times like i'm about to get my period but then it wears off a bit. I downloaded a pregnancy yoga app but have put off using where I was feeling sick, but think i'm going to pick it back up as I was really active before I conceived so am going to see if that helps strengthen muscles a bit. I get some lower back ache but they're all different aches to when I mc so I am hoping that all is still well. I always look forward to a warm bath after work as that helps. I also use lush massage bars afterwards as they help with achy muscles and are all natural ingredients. I don't use them for a massage in particular just rub onto back after my bath to help ease me up slightly. As I was told with previous aches "its all just stretching" I have to remember that this is most likely what it is and all part of it. I'm not worrying too much as the aches don't stop me in my tracks and make me feel really ill, they're just slightly uncomfortable at times, also when I get them I have to remember that it isn't period pain, when I I get them I always feel an urge to nip to the loo and check I haven't come on lol.
The previous knock backs really take the excitement away don't they! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->