Looking for buddies who plan to have a natural childbirth! :)

IceQueen86

Reaction score
Title says it all :) This is my first pregnancy and I'm almost 20 weeks. I'm planning to have a natural childbirth, so if there's any women who would like to join me so we can prepare for it together, that would be great :thumbup:

Hi! I'm 20w2d along, ftm, hoping for a fairly natural birth. I've been married since 2010, too :) I have a baby boy. Know what you're having yet, or do you plan to know?

I will join. I am hoping to go ALL natural. I start hypnobirthing classes in January. My little girl is due April 7.

I will join, I am coming up 20 weeks, Have my gender scan tomorrow and am hoping to go all natural when it comes to the birth :)

If by natural you mean completely drug-free, then I'm in too! I'm hoping for my third as my first two were excellent and I hope I can make this my third. xox

Hi girls!!! I'm glad you all joined me :) I don't know yet if i will have a boy or girl (secretly hoping for a little girl). I will find out in 2 weeks.

So far i have been trying to educate myself more about natural childbirth. I've been watching videos and have been listening hypnobabies CD-s. Love these cd-s, these are super relaxing even took away my headache and of course these cd-s make me feel so positive about doing it all natural. I must be weird but i'm not even scared to give birth (it might change when i start getting my contractions) :haha:

I was thinking about starting to do pilates at home ...

What do you girls do to prepare yourselves? Are you scared? :)

Xstwx - GL with your scan tomorrow. So exciting, i can't wait mine :) Who you hoping for, boy or a girl?

If by natural you mean completely drug-free, then I'm in too! I'm hoping for my third as my first two were excellent and I hope I can make this my third. xox

Welcome! And yes completely drug-free :) Your first 2 were all natural? At home, birthing center or hospital?

If by natural you mean in a hospital setting with little to no drugs, that's my plan. I ALMOST went the whole way last time only it was exhaustion that made me opt for an epidural. So if I could work up my endurance I think I'll be able to do it this time only, only I'm SO exhausted all the time I don't know how to.

Welcome! And yes completely drug-free :) Your first 2 were all natural? At home, birthing center or hospital?

Yes my first 2 were all natural. My plan was a home birth with both, but I cook babies fast and they like to come early ;) Here you have to make it to 37 weeks to have a home birth. This time I am hoping for a birthing centre (too much chaos in our home this time around), but again I have to make it to 37 weeks or it's to the hospital. I don't mind the hospital birth though. My last was very good. I went in at 3:00 and my daughter was born at 4:19. Just low lighting and my midwife in the room so it was just how I prefer. I do lots of walking and moving around right up until birth as well and had the space to do that. My first was a little more chaotic since my water broke before labour started AND I was 35+6, so an OB and ped were involved. Despite that, it is all about the place you are in your head so it still went well. Especially for a first birth where you have no idea what to expect and it gets very easy to panic!

I'm in! Going all natural this time around. Did not with my first two and I regret it a bit. Hired a doula already and I am very excited about that! I have been researching hypnobabies/hynobirth and searching for relaxing music online. So excited to join you ladies!

I would love to!! Been reading up on hypnobirthing and got my yoga DVD which I hope will help. Starting swimming this week to build up general fitness and stamina... Also kegels but I always forget to do them!!!

Anybody got any other ideas?

I'm currently 25 weeks, definitely planning a natural birth. I gave my birth plan to my midwife before my anatomy ultrasound :haha:

I went 8 hours natural with DS, but ended up with the epidural due to a communication error - nobody told me I was already 8cm, GRRR. Otherwise I would've gone all natural!

So, definitely not making that mistake this time.

I'm hoping for a water birth without meds. I want a hospital setting in case anything happens, but it seems like if I go with the flow of my body and am comfortable with the concept of labor, I should be fine. There is just no way I intend to be lying on my back in a bed, doped up and unable to feel anything. The idea of a plug in my back scares the crap out of me-labor does not.

Hey ladies, ill join! I'm a but ahead of you but still.

I'm a postpartum nurse with experience in labour and delivery so I know the ups and downs of that and it's not my cup of tea. Ill be having our baby at a birth centre with a midwife which is a pretty rare thing in Canada.
I have read many books throughout my nursing career and I'm passionate about minimal interventions and natural childbirth. I recommend Ina May's books ( guide to childbirth and spiritual midwifery) at the top of my list and Birth Without Fear.
I just finished reading my hypnobirtthing book yesterday and am hopefully gonna start practicing my techniques soon.
Most of all it's about being really comfortable and trusting in your body. I'm not scared at all! I can't wait, and daddy is allowed to 'catch' and of course announce the gender since we're team :yellow: just envisioning that moment makes it all worth it!

Hey ladies, ill join! I'm a but ahead of you but still.

I'm a postpartum nurse with experience in labour and delivery so I know the ups and downs of that and it's not my cup of tea. Ill be having our baby at a birth centre with a midwife which is a pretty rare thing in Canada.
I have read many books throughout my nursing career and I'm passionate about minimal interventions and natural childbirth. I recommend Ina May's books ( guide to childbirth and spiritual midwifery) at the top of my list and Birth Without Fear.
I just finished reading my hypnobirtthing book yesterday and am hopefully gonna start practicing my techniques soon.
Most of all it's about being really comfortable and trusting in your body. I'm not scared at all! I can't wait, and daddy is allowed to 'catch' and of course announce the gender since we're team :yellow: just envisioning that moment makes it all worth it!

Where I am (Ontario) I only know a small number of people who have an OB - almost all my friends have a MW. It is getting so much more popular to get a midwife that they can't meet the demand at all here. I know 2 women who are still with an OB because they called too late to get a MW (5 weeks pregnant was too late!!). Definitely more resources needed! But you can have a gentle natural birth in a hospital setting - my second was excellent. Though I do hope I can get to 37 weeks and go to the birthing centre.

I'm on baby #4, and the first 3 were completely drug free, but in a hospital setting. I'm planning the same for #4. :) I couldn't be happier with all 3 of my birthing experiences so far!

I'm on baby #4, and the first 3 were completely drug free, but in a hospital setting. I'm planning the same for #4. :) I couldn't be happier with all 3 of my birthing experiences so far!

Yay! Same here but I'm only on #3 :haha: Sometimes I worry that my luck is running out though and that it's only a matter of time before I experience some complication during birth and need interventions. Probably just my irrational fears playing with my head lol.

Yes my first 2 were all natural. My plan was a home birth with both, but I cook babies fast and they like to come early ;) Here you have to make it to 37 weeks to have a home birth. This time I am hoping for a birthing centre (too much chaos in our home this time around), but again I have to make it to 37 weeks or it's to the hospital. I don't mind the hospital birth though. My last was very good. I went in at 3:00 and my daughter was born at 4:19. Just low lighting and my midwife in the room so it was just how I prefer. I do lots of walking and moving around right up until birth as well and had the space to do that. My first was a little more chaotic since my water broke before labour started AND I was 35+6, so an OB and ped were involved. Despite that, it is all about the place you are in your head so it still went well. Especially for a first birth where you have no idea what to expect and it gets very easy to panic!

I have to try to do it in the hospital. I hope they don't try to force any drugs on me. Did you go in right away when you felt contractions or how long did you wait before you went in?

I would love to!! Been reading up on hypnobirthing and got my yoga DVD which I hope will help. Starting swimming this week to build up general fitness and stamina... Also kegels but I always forget to do them!!!

Anybody got any other ideas?

Swimming is great! And i forget to do my kegels too :dohh: Today i tried low impact aerobic type of thing for pregnant women ..i hated it. So i decided to try pilates and loved it... but i don't know if you want to do it since you are already doing yoga ...

I have to try to do it in the hospital. I hope they don't try to force any drugs on me. Did you go in right away when you felt contractions or how long did you wait before you went in?

My first time I went in before contractions started because my water broke and I was early (35+6). But last time I laboured at home until I felt like the contractions were quite close and getting intense. I gave birth just 1h20min after I was admitted so I think it was perfect. It would have been too uncomfortable sitting stationary in the car if I waited longer. I really find that walking and concentrating as well as relaxing/visualizing LO moving down and out are what make my labours easier and shorter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->