Looking for buddies who plan to have a natural childbirth! :)

AC1987, countrymom119, megrenade, OurLilFlu -Welcome :hi: & Hopefully we can go all the way natural :thumbup:

I'm on baby #4, and the first 3 were completely drug free, but in a hospital setting. I'm planning the same for #4. :) I couldn't be happier with all 3 of my birthing experiences so far!

Yay! Same here but I'm only on #3 :haha: Sometimes I worry that my luck is running out though and that it's only a matter of time before I experience some complication during birth and need interventions. Probably just my irrational fears playing with my head lol.

I'm glad it's not just me!! I feel like I'm SO blessed to have had 3 perfect births and healthy children that I'm really pushing my luck having a fourth. I have the SAME fears, so I guess we're normal! :thumbup:

I'm on baby #4, and the first 3 were completely drug free, but in a hospital setting. I'm planning the same for #4. :) I couldn't be happier with all 3 of my birthing experiences so far!

Wow you are a soldier :D Would you like to give us any tips or advice how to prepare better and what might help us during the labor in your experience?

Also I don't know where you are, but here with a midwife they never mention drugs ever - their whole philosophy is based around non-intervention births. If you want them, you have to ask. If you have an OB they probably will suggest interventions if your labour isn't moving as fast as they would like - but often they aren't necessary. With my first my water broke and the OB wanted to start induction right away (petocin via IV) but my MW knew I had time to try and start them by walking/climbing stairs etc. They gave me 8h and my contractions started after 4h. It was a bit of a unique situation since I was preterm and PPROM, but all was well. With my second I didn't even see a nurse - just me and the midwife (and OH for some of it but I prefer to labour alone). It was exactly what I wanted apart from not being at home.

Wow you are a soldier :D Would you like to give us any tips or advice how to prepare better and what might help us during the labor in your experience?

I had some odd (but really helpful!) advice from a midwife who was filling in for my OB when I was pregnant with #1. She said, "there will come a point when you feel like you can't do it. You'll feel scared and maybe like you're going to die. If you can get through THAT moment, you're golden." For me, it helped the most to go contraction by contraction. Don't think about how far you have to go, just focus on getting through ONE at a time. When that moment comes, which I've had each time, when every voice in your head starts to doubt or fear, just trust yourself. Let yourself freak out a little, make some noise, cry.. whatever helps. Once you've done it once, and know you can, it's WAY easier. I'm still a but afraid of the pain that I know comes along with it, but I know it's short (in the scheme of things) and the pride I have for how I gave birth will last forever.

That said, sometimes interventions are necessary and can save the baby or Mom's life. I would have a c-section or epidural or induction in a heartbeat if things went sideways. I think that's why I liked a hospital birth. I felt like I could do it naturally but just in CASE something happened there were Doctors standing by to help. I've been curious of home births, but ultimately the security of being in a hospital helped me a lot, since I'm a bit of a worrier by nature! I was lucky, too, because my hospital NEVER suggested or asked me to have drugs. They let me lead completely. Actually, I Think they asked me with #1 if I wanted an epidural, and I said no, and after that they didn't mention any interventions. With the other 2 I think my chart said that I had completed a natural birth in the same hospital, so drugs were never brought up!

Yes :)
Both my boys I only had a few puffs on the gas and air, which in my opinion does nothing for the pain but does help regulate breathing. I'm going to try not even use that this time. I spent both my labours pretty much in the shower until it was time to push pretty much lol!
I want to do delayed cord clamping this time as well ( never knew about if with my boys )

I had some odd (but really helpful!) advice from a midwife who was filling in for my OB when I was pregnant with #1. She said, "there will come a point when you feel like you can't do it. You'll feel scared and maybe like you're going to die. If you can get through THAT moment, you're golden." For me, it helped the most to go contraction by contraction. Don't think about how far you have to go, just focus on getting through ONE at a time. When that moment comes, which I've had each time, when every voice in your head starts to doubt or fear, just trust yourself. Let yourself freak out a little, make some noise, cry.. whatever helps. Once you've done it once, and know you can, it's WAY easier. I'm still a but afraid of the pain that I know comes along with it, but I know it's short (in the scheme of things) and the pride I have for how I gave birth will last forever.

That said, sometimes interventions are necessary and can save the baby or Mom's life. I would have a c-section or epidural or induction in a heartbeat if things went sideways. I think that's why I liked a hospital birth. I felt like I could do it naturally but just in CASE something happened there were Doctors standing by to help. I've been curious of home births, but ultimately the security of being in a hospital helped me a lot, since I'm a bit of a worrier by nature! I was lucky, too, because my hospital NEVER suggested or asked me to have drugs. They let me lead completely. Actually, I Think they asked me with #1 if I wanted an epidural, and I said no, and after that they didn't mention any interventions. With the other 2 I think my chart said that I had completed a natural birth in the same hospital, so drugs were never brought up!

I couldn't agree more. There is totally that point where you start to panic and think you can't do it or can't handle it anymore. That fear of "what if I can't do it, what if it hurts more, what if, what if..." can be overwhelming. But with many women this comes during transition, so really there's actually not long to go. I also do it contraction by contraction and don't think of "how much longer" or "will it get worse". Every contraction is something to breathe through, then relax when it's over. You do get to dread that feeling of one starting after a while though :haha: But it's only around 90sec and it's over.

I am 17w 3d and planning a natural birth in a hospital. DH and I are starting Bradley Method husband coached natural childbirth classes in January. I am trying to exercise and do yoga, but I'm so very tired after work and so busy on the weekends that I've barely done anything lately.

hi

I had my first baby all natural and I plan on doing it this time around again ...

Im interested in finding out more on hypnobirthing you ladies speak about as well as the music or cd's they have ...

please tell me more

I think being calm has a lot to do with it. I have no fear of labour at all. Maybe it will come later but as it stands I am not in the slightest bit worried.

I think if you are calm you are less likely to resist your body.

hi

I had my first baby all natural and I plan on doing it this time around again ...

Im interested in finding out more on hypnobirthing you ladies speak about as well as the music or cd's they have ...

please tell me more

I have the Mongan Method hypnobirtthing book and it comes with a cd that has two tracks, one is relaxation techniques and one is affirmations about you and your baby. They so sell another cd that you're supposed to practice everyday called rainbow relaxation which I hope to get soon. It's mostly just finding time everyday to relax and focus on the positive experience etc

the mistake I made the first time around was I fought my body with pushing for an hour, I thought I had to wait for them to tell me when to push :dohh: so that in itself was HARD as your whole body is trying to bare down to push and you're fighting it :haha: so I guess just listen to your body, and if you get that need to push and you're at 10 then push away :D

I'm SO excited to give birth again :haha: so for first time moms, don't be nervous! :D

hi

please tell me more

That's what i have https://www.hypnobabies.com/self-study/hypnobabies-self-study-course I have only 6 CD-s, no worksheets. They include tracks:
1st CD
* Painless childbirth
* Special Place

2nd CD
* Fear Release
* Deepening

3rd CD
* Creating Anesthesia
* Learning Self-Hypnosis

4th CD
* Hypnotic childbirth 1
* Hypnotic childbirth 2

5th CD
* Birthing Guide
* Joyful Pregnancy

6th CD
* Easy First Stage
* Pushing Baby Out

I really recommend it, even tho this Self-study course is a bit expensive 155,- USD.

I have heard about that ''I can't do this'' , but i do know that when i say these words then usually it happens short time before you are going to hold your baby in your arms :) So i guess this '' I can't do this'' is a good sign :haha: I'm more worried about my DH, i hope he's not gonna freak out during all that :D

I have heard about that ''I can't do this'' , but i do know that when i say these words then usually it happens short time before you are going to hold your baby in your arms :) So i guess this '' I can't do this'' is a good sign :haha: I'm more worried about my DH, i hope he's not gonna freak out during all that :D

It's true. Once you reach the "I can't do it" part you're almost there! I think with DD#1 I was pushing and right before each contraction I would say, "I don't want to push anymore!!!" and then of course, once the contraction starts you HAVE to push. :haha:

Did any of you who already have a child/ kids tried red raspberry leaf tea in the end of the pregnancy? I read that it can make your labor easier and less painful...

Did any of you who already have a child/ kids tried red raspberry leaf tea in the end of the pregnancy? I read that it can make your labor easier and less painful...

I did at the end of mine, but won't be doing it this time as both of my kiddos were preterm. I want to be able to get to 37 weeks and have LO in our nice new birthing centre! I almost made it last time, so I'm trying everything I can to get to 37w. But I know lots of women who do take it.

Mind if I join? This will be my third and final birth and I am wanting to do it naturally. My first I went into labor naturally but had an epidural after 24hrs of labor and was going delirious with the pain. My second was induction at 39 weeks and epi because pitocin sucks. I have always wanted to have a natural birth and not been able to so I am really hoping third time is the charm. I have a feeling I will go early so not thinking I will need to be induced for being overdue and I really want to not have an epi..

I did at the end of mine, but won't be doing it this time as both of my kiddos were preterm. I want to be able to get to 37 weeks and have LO in our nice new birthing centre! I almost made it last time, so I'm trying everything I can to get to 37w. But I know lots of women who do take it.

I guess i will wait until 37 weeks before i start drinking it, don't want my baby to come too early :)

Mind if I join? This will be my third and final birth and I am wanting to do it naturally. My first I went into labor naturally but had an epidural after 24hrs of labor and was going delirious with the pain. My second was induction at 39 weeks and epi because pitocin sucks. I have always wanted to have a natural birth and not been able to so I am really hoping third time is the charm. I have a feeling I will go early so not thinking I will need to be induced for being overdue and I really want to not have an epi..

Welcome! :flower:
Hoping to go all natural too even tho i have no idea how painful this labor will be and how well can i handle this pain. I'm expecting my first. You must be very excited that you are going to have a daughter now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->