Looking for buddies who plan to have a natural childbirth! :)

Did any of you who already have a child/ kids tried red raspberry leaf tea in the end of the pregnancy? I read that it can make your labor easier and less painful...

I did at the end of mine, but won't be doing it this time as both of my kiddos were preterm. I want to be able to get to 37 weeks and have LO in our nice new birthing centre! I almost made it last time, so I'm trying everything I can to get to 37w. But I know lots of women who do take it.

I guess i will wait until 37 weeks before i start drinking it, don't want my baby to come too early :)

I really don't think it caused my preterm labour (I think it's mostly me), but I want to do everything I can to prevent it. So I'll hold off another week. But if I get to 37 weeks I'll definitely start taking it!

Mind if I join? This will be my third and final birth and I am wanting to do it naturally. My first I went into labor naturally but had an epidural after 24hrs of labor and was going delirious with the pain. My second was induction at 39 weeks and epi because pitocin sucks. I have always wanted to have a natural birth and not been able to so I am really hoping third time is the charm. I have a feeling I will go early so not thinking I will need to be induced for being overdue and I really want to not have an epi..

Hello! This is my third and last too, so I'm really trying to live in the moment and enjoy this pregnancy. xo

*Im mobile so I can't tell which forum I'm in so forgive me if I'm on wrong area!*

I'm not as pregnant as most if you but I'd like to join for support and see how everyone does!

I'm a bit worried, long story really but I have birth to my first naturally and it was a bit traumatic for me, for our second I opted for the hospital and epidural! I felt that was a healing birth for me as my first made me terrified of birth! This is our last child so I want the water birth I always wanted. You can't have any pain meds in water but I'm over needing to feel the pain so if I could get an epidural and have a water birth I would! :dohh: so some days I feel positive and strong, other days I want to call the whole thing off and go to the hospital again :nope:

The birth center I'm going to offers no pain meds so no caving in for me! :haha: Im a doula in training so I've already hired one for myself, already read a ton of books and have the hypnobirthing cd and book.

As far as raspberry leaf tea it does not induce labor in anyway. It's safe to drink it from the time you find out your pregnant! I did with both children and this one with no issues. It's suppose to help strengthen your uterus for pushing :) no idea if it actually works but no harm in trying!

Good luck to all!

Lots of practitioners recommend not starting RLT until 32-36 weeks minimum. The effects on the uterus have been proven, but obviously not tested on pregnant women in early pregnancy so it is generally advised not to do it. But like any other herb/medicine it hasn't been actually tested so may be totally fine and some people say there's no risk. But it depends what you're comfortable with. I was advised against it 100% by my MW and OB consultant due to my history.

Maybe its a precaution for history of pre term labor. I was given a recipe from my midwife at 9 weeks for a nourishing tea and its main ingredient is red raspberry leaf :shrug: I had always drank it plain before.

This is what I drink everyday as sometimes water is a turn off. If anyone is interested I recommend the book

The Natural Pregnancy Book- herbs, nutrition and other holistic choices
By Aviva Romm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 4
I'm a way behind you all be I'm hoping for a all natural water birth. I have a while to plan the details :) x

This is what I drink everyday as sometimes water is a turn off. If anyone is interested I recommend the book

The Natural Pregnancy Book- herbs, nutrition and other holistic choices
By Aviva Romm

Hmm this looks interesting. But since it's my first pregnancy then i want to make sure i do everything right and don't want to take any risks :D So just in case i will wait until 37 weeks before i start drinking RRL tea.

I'm a way behind you all be I'm hoping for a all natural water birth. I have a while to plan the details :) x

Congrats! I hope you have a lovely water birth :thumbup: I have friends who have had fabulous births in water. I planned to with my first, but after being in the tub for 2min I was done with it :haha: I really need to move, change position and walk constantly during labour - for me staying stationary makes things much tougher. But that's just me! Other women swear by water birthing and find it is exactly what they need.

Funny though - OH was so annoyed since we went through all the trouble. I had all these great ideas of what I thought I would want during labour, but when it happens sometimes you feel completely different! :haha: You can't go wrong by doing what feels right and natural at the time though. Some women prefer to labour on the toilet! Another friend of mine set up a beautiful home birth space, but ended up feeling most comfortable in their small front sitting room - apparently it was more cave-like and cozy which is what she needed at the time!

FTM here. I'm currently 23 weeks along, Team Yellow and hoping to have a natural birth. We're going to a birth center with about 7 midwives on staff, and start our hypnobirthing classes this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->