Looking for Bump Buddies - October 2011

Hey Twinkle81.. welcome to octomum buddies.. :)

how's your ms treating you these days?? i hope its getting better now with the passage of time...

Hi Eager mom, im guessing by ms you mean morning sickness. its not doing too bad it comes and goes but definately not as bad as when i had my first 2 so i am happy :)

i hope its not getting to you too bad ?

yep.. by ms i meant morning sickness... things are definitely good with me with the start of 2nd tri.. i had bad ms for first 8 weeks all times i felt nauseated.. but now m definitely feeling better...

Glad your feeling better, mine hasnt completely gone but as i said much better than previous pregnancies. the problem i have is deciding what to eat as for some reason i have lost all brain function and can not do this simple task.

It suddenly feels like all my friends are pregnant at the same tme, as i have 3 friends so far who are due a few weeks ahead of me.

have you decided anything about the birth yet. I will be trying for another home birth, though am still scared as you cant have any strong pain killers. but we will have a birthing pool.

I feel very sorry for ladies with ms...I was really queasy before I started progesterone, I never got anything with my others..besides being tired .
I am hoping for the same sort of birth I had with my girls. There is a birthing unit in town (1h20m away...we have no shops or anything any closer than that) which hs 5 rooms and is run by independent midwives. Theres a birthing pool and whatever else you need there and they encourage you to birth how you want. Both times I was there I was the only person in for the couple of days I stayed (there is a nurse rostered on and they are awesome...you dont need food or nappies or baby clothes etc until you leave)Its so not like a hospital-really quiet and restful, about as close to a home birth as you could get without being at home!
I managed my girls totally drug free, am not against using something if I need it but both labours went really well.....hoping for the same again.

we've planned for a maternity hospital birth.. i'm not sure how would home birth get through though..

@pip101 did u not even have epidural????

i have started having labor fears now.. i saw a few videos online and was really threatening as i'm very bad with pains..cannot bear that..!!! i wish i had a magical wand that would get me through those few hours of labor ;)

Eagermom- just remember everyone is different! I couldve given those scientologists a run for their money cause I barely made any noise.....so its not all screaming and grunting! No I didnt have an epidural, where I delivered if you need one you have to travel a further half hour to the hospital, I think they can just give you gas/air and pethadine. May try something this time who knows but my 2nd DD's labour was pretty quick(12hrs from my 'show') and she only took 3 pushes so hoping its like that again! DH keep saying it'll just fall out this time- hes so delightful hehehee! I would love to have a home birth but if something went wrong I would have to get the emergency helicopter in to get me and I'm more scared of that...I hate helicopters!
You will be fine- just think of the amazing reward at the end and its all worth it.

Hi Pip101

That’s great that you have a birth centre like that. We have one attached to our hospital that is great and I did say if I didn’t go for the home birth then I would definitely go for that.

My DD was born in our local hospital and I had pethadine which was great as I slept through most of the labour. She was only 7hrs from first contraction to being born. My blessed DS who is as impatient as ever was 2hrs 48mins from first pain to being born and he was a home birth. I had hired a birthing pool but my MW didn’t make it in time and my husband nearly delivered him in the bath. Luckily the ambulance turned up 8 mins before he was born….LOL for him I used my TENS machine some very controlled breathing and water. I did manage to get in the water for the last 5 mins of the birth and that was bliss. MY MW did tell me if I have another that I should call as soon as I have pains!!!

I did scream and shout with my son but I couldn’t have been that loud as my DD stayed asleep in the next room though the whole ordeal. But as PIP said everyone is very different.

I will try for another home birth this time but If I do need some form of pain killer then I will be transferred to hospital.

I am very excited about planning it all now :)

I am 14wks today and due on 13th Oct, I think I may come early though as my DD was born at 36wk and DS at 37wks.

How far along are you ?

Duh so silly, just seen your ticker below...LOL 14wks and 3days. See when your quickly going on line wi=hen you should be working i miss things...LOL

Duh so silly, just seen your ticker below...LOL 14wks and 3days. See when your quickly going on line wi=hen you should be working i miss things...LOL

i'm not working.. m a homemaker.. :) but at times i get too much bored. :(

Twinkle what birth was better? I was told the really fast ones are worse because theyre so intense so quick, did you find that or was it nicer to have it over and done faster?? My 2nd birth was 12hrs from my show and I found that quite short! Under 3 hrs mustve been amazing!

Hi Guys.

Eager mum, I will be just like you very soon as next Thursday is my last day in the office. Since this will be no3 we have decided its best if I stay at home with the kids, so there will be a lot more conversations going on. I am very excited about this.

Pip re the births they were very different as they were under different circumstances. With my Daughter I had drugs and I was glad but it was longer and more drawn out. But she was 8lbs 14oz eek..very big at 4wks early. My son however weighed 8lbs and I had not much pain relief, apart from gas and air and my bath and I think it was just as painful just a shorter time…LOL I do think that I was in major shock though as I hadn’t realised that I gave birth and when the ambulance told me to catch my baby I couldn’t find him in the water. They took him straight away to check over and I was left in the pool by myself and everyone kept telling me I had given birth and I kept saying, no I haven’t where’s the baby then. I think this had a bit of an after affect on me so I'm hoping I won’t get separated so quick this time.

So all in all they were both the same pain wise, I just felt more in control the second time. I am hoping it wont be so quick though this time round, as I know this will be my last and I want to enjoy every minute of it.

Funny as I was speaking to a friend of mine who hates the whole of being pregnant and giving birth, where I hate being pregnant but would love to give birth as much as possible. I just love it!!! I think I must be a masochist :)

twinkle I am a bit the same- I really enjoyed the whole birthing thing, ok it hurt but I never felt out of control and it was all such a natural process.I felt like superwoman after DD2 because she was out in 3 pushes, her whole labour was "easy". (she was 8lb2oz so not huge but still big enough!)) But I also love being preggers..when I went into labour I was a bit sad because I wouldnt be pregnant anymore but excited too about meeting my baby! Hubby just wants 3 so I'm a bit sad that this is probably my last........but i dont know if he'd risk a 4th as I have a good chance of twins and he definitely doesnt want 5!!
Hope the time is flying ladies!!

Hiiii :wave:

I'm 21 (22 by EDD) and OH is 23 (24 by EDD).
We're in Liverpool, UK (not my home town!!)
Our baby is a special IVF miracle :cloud9:

:kiss:

i'm very achy today.. may be its the bubs who's started moving a lot.. which makes me feel like am having achy tummy...

hey 20102001..congrats on the mircale I hope this pregnancy flies for you!
Yay for active babies Eagermom!
I am feeling great...but my boobs are finally getting sore...I feel like my nipples could cut glass most of the time!...hehehehe (sorry ladies!)

Hey Preggerssssss

how are you ladies feeling today..!!!! I'm feeling very excited and happy today after the worst day yesterday!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->