Looking for cycle buddy/ies, CD2! Let's get through it together!

L

LilMiss_91

Anyone on CD2 or thereabouts? I'm on a 27-32 day cycle (don't ask!) So will be testing anywhere between the 28th and 1st/2nd May. It seems such a long time to wait!

Just looking for someone to endure the wait together with really :flower:

Hi. I'm CD 1. AF is due around the 1st of May for me. I'm going to try and not test until AF this time around. I pretty much drove myself crazy this month!

I am actually a bit ahead of you, CD8 here. BUT I will be testing around the same time, I think around the 23-25th? (depends when my lovely ovulation meds make me ovulate)

Sort of a strange cycle for me, this one will be. I'm on Femara, like I mentioned. I tried the HCG shot the past two cycles but I obv didnt get pregnant and it costs me $120 a pop each month so I opted out this month. But last cycle we started using progesterone at 3DPO until 14DPO. My LP is usually only 12 days though. Either way, we are trying the progesterone again this cycle (when I had my ectopic and one of my chemicals, I noticed that my progesterone levels were not great, so I suspect I need help in that department).

Either way, this is my 19th month TTC#1 and I am just hoping to move on to the next stage!!

Nice to have you on board ladies :D

Haha, skc I started testing really early last cycle, like CD4/5! I dis stop though because I was getting seeerious line eye and getting total squinters (probably evaps/indents) on some of the cheapie tests. I'm also going to try and wait till AF is late this month :). Are you using any kind of method/help or going it au naturelle? Lol.

Hi Bee Bee :) I'm not really up to date with the hormone stuff so maybe you can educate me a bit! :)
That's so expensive. Unfortunately they know they can charge that much because people are willing to pay it, but who can blame them?! Really hope you're lucky this month and get a strong, sticky bean!

So, CD2 and already freaking impatient for O. I need to start OPKs fairly soon as I got an *almost* + around CD9 last month but then it tailed off making it look like maybe I missed it :shrug: gotta catch that egg!

But... what do I do if I don't get a totally positive at all?! Argh, I'm already worrying and thia is only month #2. I'm gonna go freakin' insaaane At this rate.
GL :)

Nice to have you on board ladies :D

Haha, skc I started testing really early last cycle, like CD4/5! I dis stop though because I was getting seeerious line eye and getting total squinters (probably evaps/indents) on some of the cheapie tests. I'm also going to try and wait till AF is late this month :). Are you using any kind of method/help or going it au naturelle? Lol.

Hi Bee Bee :) I'm not really up to date with the hormone stuff so maybe you can educate me a bit! :)
That's so expensive. Unfortunately they know they can charge that much because people are willing to pay it, but who can blame them?! Really hope you're lucky this month and get a strong, sticky bean!

So, CD2 and already freaking impatient for O. I need to start OPKs fairly soon as I got an *almost* + around CD9 last month but then it tailed off making it look like maybe I missed it :shrug: gotta catch that egg!

But... what do I do if I don't get a totally positive at all?! Argh, I'm already worrying and thia is only month #2. I'm gonna go freakin' insaaane At this rate.
GL :)

Sure! :p Progesterone is the hormone that makes you have your period. But, the way it works is that it builds up in your system (meanwhile, your lining gets thicker) then it tapers off. And then once it gets below a certain amount, you have your period. So, having low progesterone after ovulation can cause some issues with implantation; like the egg has nothing to bury itself into. So, I've started taking it during the TWW to try to help implantation if it happens but they tell me to take it until 14DPO then to stop taking it if I get a :bfn:. Then, once I stop taking it, a few days later AF comes.

And yeah, its expensive because not all insurance covers infertility treatment here in the states. My insurance covers all testing and such, so I can get ultrasounds all day long and not be charged. But, certain meds like the HCG trigger shot are not covered. Neither is IUI or IVF. So, I gave the HCG shot a go for 2 cycles, but I just dont want to waste the money on it every month because I'm not sure if it's helping or not. (the HCG shot is obviously the pregnancy hormone. Apparently, if you get the shot around ovulation, you will release eggs quickly afterwards. It can cause you to release more than one if more than one is ready. I guess it also helps prep the uterus for pregnancy)

In other news, I just realized that this cycle is my last chance for a baby in 2015! @__@ my EDD this cycle is December 31st :p

Oh! Also, I would suggest charting next cycle if you aren't lucky this one! I find OPKs to be unreliable for me, so the only way I know for sure when I ovulate is by charting. I highly recommend it to everyone starting out TTC! :p

I used a saliva microscope last month. I will get some OPKs this month. I do get ovulation pain most months too. It's our 3rd month trying and our dd was a surprise baby so we are new to ttc. I wish I could temp but it wouldn't be reliable as dd still wakes so I'm up and down a bit.

I had the same thought Bee Bee. It's my last chance to have a baby this year! I would technically be due early January if I did get pregnant this month but will need a c section so it would happen in December. January/February are the months I'm probably less keen to have a baby in, but it won't stop us trying. It took my OH forever to agree to another, I'm not taking any chances to not conceive ;)

Ohh ok, that actually all makes perfect sense. I've tried reading up about various bits and pieces but theh always make it sound so complicated and medicalised y'know? It's like, hello, I'm not a medical student, just a lady that wants a baby, just gimme the damn facts already :haha:

It's amazing what they can do to help TTC these days. It wasn't long ago that it was a case of if you couldn't conceive naturally then you either adopted or nothing! It really is amazing :).

In all honesty I'm not too worried about the time of year, but in a way I'm glad we won't have a Christmas baby as I don't like the idea that Christmas could take away from the importance of their birthday every year iykwim. But hopefully this cycle we'll get it! A New Year baby would be lovely :)

I don't think temping would be terribly accurate for me either as I have the same problem as skc, my little boy still wakes up in the night at varying times and doesn't always wake up at the same time in the mornings. So I think I'll have to just rely on OPKs and CM checking!

I'm the same as you skc, we didn't actively TTC DS so this is all new to me too :) it's like starting a new class with all this having to schedule and time and remember so much info lol.
Is there any reason why Jan/Feb would be less than ideal for you? It's a perfect time for us as pretty much no one else in our family has their birthday around then so it would be nice that DC2 would kind of have it to themselves rather than just being one of many!

Hi ladies Can I join? I'm cd3 of a 27-32 day cycle, I'm getting impatient for the fertile window, this is our 8th month ttc, Its been very hard. Really hoping this is our month! This month I can get some answers because my dr is having me come in after having a morning bd session to test my fertile cm and fiances sperm. Hopefully everything is fine and the worrying on my part will stop and if there is something that we can take care of it! Hoping to see my first BFP this month!

They aren't very important reasons :) January is summer holidays here. My cousin/best friend has a January birthday and as a kid she never got proper birthday parties cos everyone was away on holiday. February I'm not bothered about any other year but the due date is when dd starts school. I'm a SAHM and I don't want her to feel pushed out if you get what I mean. I don't think she will as she wants a sibling and can't wait for school, but I would feel guilty.

Hi ladies! May I join you as well? We've being TTC actively for a year but this is my first Clomid cycle so I'm full of questions.

Hey ladies, I'd love to join! I'm CD8 of my first cycle TTC #1, although I've been charting for a few months, so I'm pretty confident about when O is happening, etc. Should be between April 8-10 and I plan to test between the 24th-28th of the month. Waiting for O is frustrating, and I'm noticing every little thing as a potential sign of O thinking maybe I'll O early and miss is - agh! I guess the only thing to do is BD a lot :blush: ! My plan was to start BDing daily on Sunday until I've confirmed O with BBT. Baby dust and patience to all of us!

I'm horrible at charting, I really wish I could do it! OH was out of town for work last night and it was just me and the puppy so when I woke up I forgot to temp! (usually OH hands me my thermometer when his alarm goes off) :dohh: I dont know why I cant remember! Thankfully I rely more on my cbfm and opk but I'm pretty sure my batch of Wondfos are no good. they always look like they are close to turning poisitive all through out my cycle and using my cbfm they never look that way (And yes I'm pretty sure I am reading them right) Might order some new ones anyone know good brands?

Hi Jsj :) welcome to the thread. Sorry things hacen't gone according to plan for you, FX'd this is your month :)
Haha I'd feel so odd about that (going to Dr after bd), I don't know, maybe I'm just a bit prudish! :S
Hope it gives you some answers though :).

Skc if they're important reasons to you then that's all that matters :). I can especially understand about your DD starting school. That's a big, scary milestone for a lot of kids and she might just need a bit extra "special time" with you around then.
If we haven't conceived by August I think I would want to take a break until November/December, purely because I don't want to have another DC around DS1's birthday (A I don't think it's vert fair, obviously if it happens by accident then that's different, and B that would make a very expensive monyh with 2 birthdays!)

Thankyou for the patience MrsMS! Heaven knows I need it!! GL with the Clomid. I hope it works for you :)

Welcome Emmymommy :wave: I wish I could chart BBT but DS still wakes up in the night and at irregular times in the morning so it's not really suitable for me. I'M using OPKs though and keeping my eye on CM so hopefully I'll be able to catch the egg :)

Put all my sons clothes from when he was tiny away in vacuum bags today. Hopefully they won't be staying away too long! :)

LilMiss - I don't love charting BBT in the first place myself, it annoys my DH and if I don't have my usual amount of sleep (like last night) I wake up frequently stressing that I've overslept or that I have to take my temp the second I realize I'm awake and then it's inaccurate... I only did one full month for these reasons and then a bit last month to confirm O. I plan to stop after I've seen O this month, and I may not continue if we don't get a BFP this month. It's definitely a step that is pretty impossible unless you have super regular sleep!

I was thinking it was a little weird too but my new doctor is super nice and how he explained it is they make it fun. Let me look through the microscope at everything, even said oh can go ( he wont be able to since he has work) but I think it will be super helpful just to stop wondering and get some answers. I keep thinking how awkward it will be when I have to call in the morning and ask for an after sex appointment that day! Luckily I'm not working so I dont have to worry about calling out! I just wish I could fast forward time!

Emmymommy- I just don't get how it's feasible for most people lol. Even if DS doesn't wake up in the nighr you can guarantee I'll still wake up at some point needing a wee or a drink or something! How come it annoys DH?

Jsj- I hope it does give you some answers, but of course I hope there's nothing wrong! But if it can give any ideas of things to try or things they can give you to help then all to the good :)

I'd like to join too! :) I'm on CD4 (april 4th) My cycles are typically 28 days. I am taking Femera again this month but not sure if we want to do another iui again. We did iui and Fermera last month and it ended with a chemical. Hoping for success this month with a little sticky bean! Sending lots of baby dust to everyone this month!

LilMiss - I'm usually up a good hour-two before him and set my alarm to take it on weekends and he's a light sleeper so the beeping wakes him up. At first it was frustrating for both of us, but now I don't care because it's helped me relax to see the temp rise so he can deal with being stirred out of sleep for a few seconds!! :shrug:

CD11 today and we will start BDing daily as well as OPKs! Such an exciting feeling to finally be trying!

Welcome ShabbyShic :) sorry to hear what happened last cycle :hug: hope you get a very sticky bean this month. How long have you been trying If you don't mind me asking?

Emmymommy- I see haha, well if it helps you catch the egg then it won't be long until he's being disturbed by more than a little beeping noise! :haha: he should think of it as practice!

Only on CD6 here and only just stopped bleeding so BDing hasn't started for us yet. Thank god too as I've had a virus over the weekend so really haven't felt up to it! Actually... thinking about it, that's why we missed O last cycle (if I O'd when my app said I should which is debateable as my OPKs were all over the place) because I had a virus then too! Better luck this cycle maybe?!

Just out of curiosity, how old is everyone on this thread? I'm 23 and OH is 29 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->