Looking for friends in a similar situation

Nat0619

Mummy :-)
Reaction score
Hello Ladies :flower:

Thought I would come in here as feel I need to be with some ladies who are in the same boat as me - ie more mature mommies-to-be :haha:

I turned 37 last month and my age is really playing on my mind now. I wish I could get this "if you're over 35 you've had it" mentality out of my head :growlmad:

Anyway, here is my story:

I was with my ex for 15 years and married for nearly 5 years (met at 17, married at 27). We never tried for a family due mainly to financial issues. We split up just as I turned 32 after a couple of years of things slowly going wrong.

I then met my current OH in January 2008 (I was 33) and we have now been together 3 1/2 years and I have never been so happy as since I have been with him. He is fabulous. He was married for 10 years previously and also has no children (his ex decided she didn't want them).

We had pretty much been NTNP since about early 2009 as had the view that if I got pregnant we'd be fine with it. We then started actively TTC early 2010. In January 2011 we visited docs as nothing had happened and I had a blood test to check for ovulation and my thyroid function, which came back normal. I also started acupuncture as had heard good things about it.

We finally ended up with our :bfp: on 21st February this year :happydance: So conceived naturally the month we started tests at the docs :wacko: We were so pleased but right from the start I was extremely cautious and nervous. But we got to 12 week dating scan with no sign of any problems. Only my gut instinct that something wasn't right :nope: I was so, so nervous going into the scan and unfortunately my fears were confirmed - scan showed :baby: had stopped developing around 6 weeks and my body had not miscarried :cry: I had medical management for mc on 27th April this year :cry:

So we are now back on the TTC bandwagon and I am terrified that it could take a year to happen again :cry: I have had two AFs since mc and we tried for the first time last month but no luck :nope: My cycles appear to be long so far after the mc (first one 38 days, 2nd one 35 and this one seems to be heading for a long one too). Long cycles are not unusual for me though, they have been this long before. I do think my body has settled down ok in the main (I got peak on my fertility monitor last month and think I did ov). But I am so desperate to be pregnant again and we just so want to be parents x

Welcome to the 35+ section, and sorry for your loss

Be warned we go off topic a LOT in here, do you have any pets?

Hi, so sorry for your lose :hugs:

Hope you feel at home in the over 35s and I hope you don't wait too long for your BFP and for it to be a sticky bean and a successful pregnancy :hugs:

And yes we do go off topic a lot especially if pets are mentioned :)

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Welcome to our little cyber family!

I am so sorry for your losses.

Feel free to jump right in; we talk about anything and everything and we love visual aids around here! Hope to get to know you more soon.

So sorry for your loss.

I'm pretty new to this forum as well, but it is very supportive and positive. And funny!

Welcome!

Hello Ladies :flower:

Thought I would come in here as feel I need to be with some ladies who are in the same boat as me - ie more mature mommies-to-be :haha:

I turned 37 last month and my age is really playing on my mind now. I wish I could get this "if you're over 35 you've had it" mentality out of my head :growlmad:

Anyway, here is my story:

I was with my ex for 15 years and married for nearly 5 years (met at 17, married at 27). We never tried for a family due mainly to financial issues. We split up just as I turned 32 after a couple of years of things slowly going wrong.

I then met my current OH in January 2008 (I was 33) and we have now been together 3 1/2 years and I have never been so happy as since I have been with him. He is fabulous. He was married for 10 years previously and also has no children (his ex decided she didn't want them).

We had pretty much been NTNP since about early 2009 as had the view that if I got pregnant we'd be fine with it. We then started actively TTC early 2010. In January 2011 we visited docs as nothing had happened and I had a blood test to check for ovulation and my thyroid function, which came back normal. I also started acupuncture as had heard good things about it.

We finally ended up with our :bfp: on 21st February this year :happydance: So conceived naturally the month we started tests at the docs :wacko: We were so pleased but right from the start I was extremely cautious and nervous. But we got to 12 week dating scan with no sign of any problems. Only my gut instinct that something wasn't right :nope: I was so, so nervous going into the scan and unfortunately my fears were confirmed - scan showed :baby: had stopped developing around 6 weeks and my body had not miscarried :cry: I had medical management for mc on 27th April this year :cry:

So we are now back on the TTC bandwagon and I am terrified that it could take a year to happen again :cry: I have had two AFs since mc and we tried for the first time last month but no luck :nope: My cycles appear to be long so far after the mc (first one 38 days, 2nd one 35 and this one seems to be heading for a long one too). Long cycles are not unusual for me though, they have been this long before. I do think my body has settled down ok in the main (I got peak on my fertility monitor last month and think I did ov). But I am so desperate to be pregnant again and we just so want to be parents x

See my reply #9 in this thread :flower: Basically- you gotta help your body get ready again and be as healthy as possible for a happy sticky bean.

*SS*

Hi and welcome! :hi:

I'm also new on here, only joined a couple of days ago.

I'm sorry for your loss. Fx'ed for another BFP soon!!

Hi Nat :hi: Welcome aboard and :hugs::hugs: for your loss xxx

Hi, welcome to all of you new ladies. Nat I am 38 and had a missed mc in August last year and a MC in October the year before. So I know how your feeling and I´m sorry for your loss. But we aren´t over the hill yet, not by a long shot, I see women all the time with babies or pregnant and I´m pretty sure they aren´t younger than me. It is getting more and more normal to start a family later in life. I hope you don´t have to wait too long for your next BFP, but until you get it stick around, there are some great gals on here and your right it is great to have mates in the same boat.

Hi, welcome to all of you new ladies. Nat I am 38 and had a missed mc in August last year and a MC in October the year before. So I know how your feeling and I´m sorry for your loss. But we aren´t over the hill yet, not by a long shot, I see women all the time with babies or pregnant and I´m pretty sure they aren´t younger than me. It is getting more and more normal to start a family later in life. I hope you don´t have to wait too long for your next BFP, but until you get it stick around, there are some great gals on here and your right it is great to have mates in the same boat.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: There's our girl!

Hi and sorry for your losses..hope you get a sticky bean again soon!!

Hello and Welcome! I am certain you will find a wonderful group of women here who can support you along the way. As I mentioned to another recent new person, you will laugh, cry.....and feel incredibly validated. We're all in this together & you are certainly not alone with how you are feeling, whether it be loneliness, sadness, doubt, excitement, or uncertainty. It is a roller coaster of emotions which is why it is important to get & stay connected to others.
We are here for you!
Best wishes to you!

Hello and Welcome! I am certain you will find a wonderful group of women here who can support you along the way. As I mentioned to another recent new person, you will laugh, cry.....and feel incredibly validated. We're all in this together & you are certainly not alone with how you are feeling, whether it be loneliness, sadness, doubt, excitement, or uncertainty. It is a roller coaster of emotions which is why it is important to get & stay connected to others.
We are here for you!
Best wishes to you!

Well said :thumbup:

Hi Nat,
First and foremost, so sorry for your loss hun :cry:
Secondly, I'm so glad to meet you, this is a wonderful group of ladies who will be the most supportive bunch on your journey to a BFP. Join us in our monthly testers threads too, they are great fun!

Welcome and sorry for your loss. I've been through the same situation as you x3 and it's hard. I'm sure you will get your BFP soon. Good luck!

So very sorry for your loss,:hugs:
I have suffered two losses so far they were both very early but it still hurt after TTC for so long .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->