looking for info/advice on hypnobirthing please

ginger863

Mummy to Logan
Reaction score
Hi there. Ive just found out this week that we are expecting our second baby. My Little boy is 9 months old. Its very early days for me yet but i felt so diappointed after my little boys birth that i want to be completely clued up this time around.
With my first pregnancy i was hoping for a natural water birth with just gas and air if needed although i was open minded to the fact that i had no idea how i would feel and would do what was required. I lasted 18 hours with no pain relief but baby was presenting face first and not moving at all so ended up with pethidine which was awful and eventually an epidural so they could turn him and get him out. The whole thing was so stressful with midwives panicing etc that i was just left feeling like id failed as a mum before id even started.
I really am intrigued by hypnobirthing and would like any info you may have or from people who have tried hypnobirthing. Im really determined to be more in control this time round and not be bullied into things as i was last time round.
Thank you in advance ladies for any info or experiences you have to share:thumbup:

I have used hypnobirthing myself and supported several hypnobirthing couples who have all had wonderful, calm, enjoyable births - some in water, some on dry land and all with no pain relief other than a few drops of Rescue Remedy in water!! The philosophy is based in birth phyisology and it's all about working with your body through deep relaxation and visualisation. I'm a big fan!! x

I'm trying it this time round, my first labour birth didn't go to plan either and I definately want to be the one in control this time - like you. The breathing exercises seem to really help me relax and lose tension, and usually I do find it a bit difficult to relax properly. The ladies here recommended the Mongan book, I picked one up cheap on ebay and have been listening to the CD that came with it, finding it really good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->