Looking for positive outcomes

ItsAWonder

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I posted in this in the First Trimester forum as well.

I had an ultrasound yesterday at 6w3d and we saw a sac measuring accurately and two yolks but no fetal poles or HB's. Has anyone only seen a yolk at this stage and gone on to have a successful pregnancy?

Some background - I had a loss at 5 weeks and a MMC at 8 weeks - both in 2013. Then had my beautiful rainbow baby in 2014, (we saw her HB at 6w3d via an abdominal ultrasound).

I will find out soon if my betas are still rising.

How accurate are your dates? Even a couple of days out at this stage can make a difference. 2 yolks! Wow, twins? Hope it's just a bit too early and that next scan you see babies x

How accurate are your dates? Even a couple of days out at this stage can make a difference. 2 yolks! Wow, twins? Hope it's just a bit too early and that next scan you see babies x

My dates should be fairly accurate but there is some room for error. After my DD I did not go back to temping and I only had 3 AFs. I used an OPK and I got a strong positive at what I think is 9dpo so I don't know how much later I could have ovulated.

You are right though, based on ovulation I was 6w2d and if I did ovulate a day or two later I could have just been 6 weeks.

(And yes, two yolks is a sign of twins. I would have loved twins the first time around, now I will still love them so much but am terrified of having 3 kids under the age of 2.... It would be a blessing though. Maybe I need this scare to see how much I want them both.)

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"