looking for some 35/over buddies.

reedsgirl1138

Mommy of 4
Reaction score
I am just starting to ttc again. My youngest is 1 and we just had a surprise BFP in Jan that ended with a mc and dnc. I am now on aygestin for 10 days trying to jump start my cycle and then clomid from cd 3-7. Dh is deploying in June so we are on a time crunch. Anyone else in a similiar position or is there a great thread to join??

Hi,

I'm also 35 and TTC #2. My DD turned 2 in November. We're going into our first treatment cycle next month. IUI + Femara is the plan, but still waiting for some bloodwork since I had a low day 4 follicle count.

My husband is an Air Force vet, but he's no longer in the military, so I can only imagine having to deal with the time crunch and the stress of DH being away overseas, on top of everything else. (((hugs))). So, I'm afraid I'm not exactly in the same boat as you, but I just wanted to welcome you! I'm also new to this board, so I don't know how many military wives we have here, but that might be a great thing for you propose here--a group for military families TTC. There are so many additional issues that you guys have to deal with that the rest of us don't.

Good luck this month!

Reeds hi ya....sorry for your loss but I am glad you are trying again

Reedsgirl, we've been trying for about 9 months now. This cycle will be our last to try naturally (and to have a Christmas baby), so I'm crossing my fingers. :)

We just found out this will be our only cycle to try. I am thinking about stopping the progestron a few days early so my period will start this week. Dh leaves the 2nd week of April for at before he starts training for his deployment. I am praying this will be the month for a Christmas baby....

What all are you ladies doing this cycle??

Ugh...sorry to hear your hubby is being deployed early! That stinks! I'm crossing EVERYTHING for you this cycle, and sending you all of my babydust! :dust:

I have my consult with the RE in 2 days (Wednesday) to go over all of the test results, and then we decide if we're just going to go with the IUI and Femara or something more aggressive. I'm excited and nervous at the same time! Of course we are trying on our own this cycle, so we'll see... A Christmas baby would be wonderful!

Ugh...sorry to hear your hubby is being deployed early! That stinks! I'm crossing EVERYTHING for you this cycle, and sending you all of my babydust! :dust:

I have my consult with the RE in 2 days (Wednesday) to go over all of the test results, and then we decide if we're just going to go with the IUI and Femara or something more aggressive. I'm excited and nervous at the same time! Of course we are trying on our own this cycle, so we'll see... A Christmas baby would be wonderful![/QUOTE/]

Please update after you appt. What all are they testing for?? I know I have a clotting factor but really can't pinpoit anything other than that why we have had so much trouble conceiving

Hi ladies. I'm 39 and TTC #1 with new husband. We have 2 each already from previous relationships. We're on month 9 of trying, second IUI will most likely be on the 27th. I'm taking Letrozole to help eggs mature. Last month I had 4 mature follies and trigger injection followed by IUI but it didn't take. Keeping fingers crossed for this month. Didn't really want a Christmas baby, but since it's been 9 months if it happens this time, I will not complain! =)

I have my consult with the RE in 2 days (Wednesday) to go over all of the test results, and then we decide if we're just going to go with the IUI and Femara or something more aggressive. I'm excited and nervous at the same time! Of course we are trying on our own this cycle, so we'll see... A Christmas baby would be wonderful!

Please update after you appt. What all are they testing for?? I know I have a clotting factor but really can't pinpoit anything other than that why we have had so much trouble conceiving

Oh, they tested for EVERYTHING, I imagine. DH had a semen analysis, urinalysis and bloodwork, and I had an ultrasound, urinalysis, bloodwork and HSG. Just of the top of my head--they tested me for basic hormone levels, genetic markers for certain diseases, STD's, vitamin/mineral levels, heavy metals, blood sugar, thyroid, lipid panel, and I don't know what all else, but it was a hell of a lot--24 VIALS of blood!! LOL. I know that I have a retroverted uterus that is also extremely tilted to the left (basically on its side), and I know that I have a single copy of the MTHFR gene, but from what I've read, it doesn't mean much unless you have 2 copies. So I really don't know what the deal is. They tell me it's not my uterus, but I'm not so sure. I'll definitely update tomorrow!

Sienasmama wondering how you appt went??

Aunt flow showed but very light and has stopped and started then stopped again...ugh. don't know how this cycle will turn out.

I went for my ultrasound this morning and I have 3 large follies so on with IUI #2 as planned tomorrow. My follies are all 23cm so they are making me sign a multiples consent form. It's a little unnerving to say the least! I didn't have to sign one last month. Also, my nurse had to call and get the ok from the doc that I have the IUI tomorrow. Sometimes with the risk of multiples they won't do it. One healthy baby is all we are hoping for....just one please =)

Praying all goes well and you get a healthy bean! Please let us know how the procedure goes. Xx

Had 2nd IUI yesterday. I'm worried that the timing was off b/c I got a positive on my OPK test strip Monday morning, the lines were pretty much the same color. That is why I didn't get the trigger shot. But then Tuesday morning, the morning of my IUI, I got another positive that time the test line was darker than the control like so it was super positive. Guess we will see in a couple of weeks if the timing was right or not.

The IUI itself was a pain--literally. The nurse couldn't get the speculum into my cervix. It's high and tilted making it hard to reach. After about 10 minutes of poking around and hurting me, she finally gave up and went to get the MD who finally got it in. He told me that if I need to have another IUI next month, I have to get on the MD list for it and have a full bladder for the procedure. I'm am hoping it worked this month so I don't have to go through that again!

Oh goodness that dies sound painful!! Wow 23cm that is huge.
Please keep me posted. Praying this is your cycle.

I went to the Dr this morning....I am on cd 9 just finished clomid cd days 3-7 and I have 6 follies, he said one was over 3 cm and I should o within 24 hours...that he was surprised I already hadn't.

Oh goodness that dies sound painful!! Wow 23cm that is huge.
Please keep me posted. Praying this is your cycle.

I went to the Dr this morning....I am on cd 9 just finished clomid cd days 3-7 and I have 6 follies, he said one was over 3 cm and I should o within 24 hours...that he was surprised I already hadn't.

Are you sure your follie was only 3cm? Could you have misheard the doc perhaps? My doc won't even trigger unless they are around 20cm or bigger.

If anyone is still tracking this thread, this was not my month. AF got me a day early on the 10th so on to IUI try #3 our last and final so I pray it takes.

Hi there I am 45 yo and ttc. Have bn for a while with partner who si 45 yo also. I have irregular periods and have bn told around this age it gets harder. I have had symptoms b4 like sore nipples which I never had with my first pregnancy 23 years ago. I already have a child who will be 23 this year, I know, and now my new partner and myself have bn trying for a while like I said. I have had sore nipples, back ache like you wouldn't believe, slight nausea, cramps like nobodys business all this happened last week after I bled for a day on the 2nd April, ovulated I believe on the 23rd March, last period was 10th March, bled like I said 2nd April and had mad cramps since then, started spotting again the 10 and 11 April, and ended up wearing a tampon then light bleeding again, when wiping with tissue, no more sore nipples, cramping a little still and think I have a period now, don't know anymore, and have been rather irritable as well, like I said, had symptoms, but no luck. Anyway, just thort I would share, as I thought I ws preggers. How wrong can one be. Goodluck to all.

If anyone is still tracking this thread, this was not my month. AF got me a day early on the 10th so on to IUI try #3 our last and final so I pray it takes.

:hugs: I am so sorry. Sorry I haven't been on as well. My lo has had the flu. :(
I am so sorry that AF showed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"