• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for some advice

Left wonderin

Not sure lol
Reaction score
My LO is now 8 months and has been EBF . She has never taken a bottle . She is eating 3 meals and feeding is going well :) I'm due back to work in 4 weeks and LO will be cared for by hubby . We are trying to introduce a bottle during the day but she pushes it away and screams !! There are 2 times in the day when she usually has a feed when I won't be here 11am and 4ish ...

Oh is begining to panic as he is afraid she will be really upset . Any suggestions as to how to get her weaned from those two feeds before I go back to work in a month ?

I don't want to fully wean yet and am not worried she will go hungry as she eats everything but does look to feed at those times every day .

I should add I feed on demand but generally its around those times
Any advice will be gratefully accepted xxx

Have you tried a sippy cup or a regular cup she might take to one of those ?

At 8 months don't try a bottle (they should be fully off them by 12 months anyways). Try a sippy cup or just a straw cup.

I was also about to suggest a sippy or straw cup. Good luck!

I think it will be more the comfort of it she will miss .. Do you think I should wean her from those feeds now before I go back and give her the cup now and let her give out ??

Gosh it will be tough ! Especailly when I will be available to her

Yeah try the sippy cup. Hopefully that works X

Has your OH tried without you being around? I have heard many times where the LO wouldn't take the bottle when mom was around, but when push came to shove and the bottle was really the only choice it was accepted.

I think if you are more worried about her missing the comfort than the nutrition, it would be better spending this time helping your OH discover other things that will produce oxytocin in your LO and therefore comfort her. This might just have to be something he figures out on his own, but I think trying to get a baby to take milk when they are already distressed will just add to the stress and what he needs to be focusing on is what she is telling him "I don't want that bottle and I'm upset".

Are there things you do which they might do e.g baby massage, singing etc? I think its great that you know the approximate times she will miss you, as he can anticipate this in advance maybe by offering a snack or soppy cup of milk at say 10:15 - 10:30 and then settle down for cuddles and singing, or stroking her hair while they read a book on his lap so that by 11 she is (hopefully) already comforted and not reminded of your absence by hunger pangs.

Noon these are wise words ... I actually think it more emotional for me and I'm worried more than he is !! Your right though he will have to find his own way with her and no doubt he will it will just take a bit of time . I so wish I didn't have to go back to work but needs must !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->