Looking for support/stories - placental accessory lobe

natalie4

Reaction score
So I posted this is gestational complications but no responses. Just wondering if anyone has had or known someone who had this, or have any insight!

I had my 20 wk ultrasound on thursday and everything was normal other than I have a high anterior placenta with a posterior placental lobe connected by vessels.

Dr scared me a bit. She said to take it really easy, go right to the ER for any bleeding, and is sending me for monthly ultrasounds at the hospital with a high risk ob.

She said I may have to deliver early probably by c section and worst case scenario is placental abruption.

Apparently this is a rare complication but you ladies are knowledgeable so thought I'd see if you have any thoughts. Thanks!

If I get a chance I will try to look it up in my huge text book. We had to know placental abnormalities for a recent exam, but not any associated risks. Hopefully it will discuss in there and I can give you some info.

I have found a research paper about it that says it raises the risk of post partum heamorrhage and placental retention as the lobe may not separate with the rest of the placenta. There is also an increased risk of placental abruption but it doesnt give numbers.

Thanks! Hoping the risks aren't too high. I've read stories of women who didn't know they had this until they delivered the second piece.

I've felt so great and healthy this whole pregnancy, it's depressing having to worry about something serious happening.

Yes I believe I have this! I have an anterior placenta which also goes up the posterior wall and is connected by a lobe. I have just spent a week in hospital after a bleed and am being closely monitored as well.

I was told to have a hospital bag packed and to go to hospital with any sign of bleeding.

Wow I hope you're feeling ok. How far along are you ?

I'm 26 weeks now. Yes I'm ok thanks, it was really scary as apparently bleeding can start labour and I was only 24 weeks at the time. But it has settled now and all seems ok. My next scan is in 2 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->