Looking out for bipolar

jemmie1994

Evie's Mummy <3
Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this:

I suspect my FOB is bipolar while I was with him he took tablets for 'depression' but thats all he really said about it but he was very unpredictable and his moods changed alot which is what makes me think its bipolar also his auntie and grandma said they think thats what it is.
Since finding out it can be passed on genetically I'm wondering if there is anything i should be looking out for in my daughter that would suggest she has inherited it? Know she is probably far too young right now but can't stop myself worrying just want to know so can be prepared if it does show up in her
So does anyone know any signs i should be looking for?

Depression can make a person's mood swings, that's not necessarily indicative of bipolar - mania and depression are often to extremes with diagnosed bipolar. Unless you have an actual diagnosis (unfortunately many people will self-diagnose or diagnose family without proper criteria or medical evaluation) then I would not assume he has it.

On the other hand, depression and most mental health conditions can be found to have genetic links so that is something to watch out for when your girl is older, much older.

thank you thats put my mind at rest abit know am rushing into things buy just couldnt get idea out of my head

Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depression surfaces in early twenties and comes out of the blue! Medication is usually 'Lithium' rather than anti-depressants, although anti-depressants could be prescribed in addition to Lithium after a depressive episode. Lithium would usually be prescribed for life to keep the chemicals in the brain in balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->