Looking to move from disposable to re-usable nappies..

moomoo

Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!
Reaction score
...and havent a clue where to start!! :dohh: We have been offered some trial reusables by my SIL (havent a clue what brand, although i'm pretty sure they have a cow on the label on the front? I have a few Qs

*Do you wash the whole thing, or do they have like an insert?
*When you are out and about and they have a dirty nappy, do you have to change the whole thing or can you take the innurds and keep the ouside bit?
*What are the best brands to use
*Will they hold as much overnight, or would i still have to use disposables at night?
*How much on average is a kit to start up?
*Do they come in sizes like disposables?
*Can you get swimming versions, Or would you still use the disposables for that too??

Sorry for all the Qs!!!! :flower:

Xxx

...and havent a clue where to start!! :dohh: We have been offered some trial reusables by my SIL (havent a clue what brand, although i'm pretty sure they have a cow on the label on the front? I have a few Qs

*Do you wash the whole thing, or do they have like an insert?

Yes you do wash the whole nappy but depending what kind of nappy you go for it may aso have an insert. All need washing (unless disposbale of course!)

*When you are out and about and they have a dirty nappy, do you have to change the whole thing or can you take the innurds and keep the ouside bit?

You can buy 2 part nappies (insert/prefold and wrap). This means that the wrap only needs chaning every 2/3 changes or when dirty. 2 part nappies like this include; mothercare smart nappies, bambino mios, itti bitti's and bumgenius flips

*What are the best brands to use
Everyone always asks this and tbh there is no strict answer. What works for me may not work for you. Ther is a general consensous though and 'good' brands can include, bumgenius, blueberry, itti bitti and more

*Will they hold as much overnight, or would i still have to use disposables at night?

Again, some people get on with cloth at night and some don't, it's a matter of trial and error. Personally I like bumgenius V3's for night but they don't hold up for everone
*How much on average is a kit to start up?
If you're talking about new complete kits you're looking at about £200 dependant on brand and totals. The majority of people just buy single nappies as and when they can afford and build up like that. The average nappy probably costs within the region of £16
*Do they come in sizes like disposables?
You can buy sized (small medium large) these specify weights and you choose as appropriate. Some people also measure their babies. You can also buy One size nappies (often called birth to potty) and these basically should last 7-35lbs or thereabouts. They have poppers on the front, often three rows so you can adjust the size to grow with baby

*Can you get swimming versions, Or would you still use the disposables for that too??

Yes you can buy reusable swimming nappies

Sorry for all the Qs!!!! :flower:

Xxx

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe