Reaction score
Well...
My journey so far is..
Feb07; Lost a baby at 5 weeks.
May07; Found out I was pregnant.
Jan08; Had a baby boy.
May09; Found out I was pregnant.
July09; Lost the baby at 11weeks.

I want to start trying again, but the OH wants to wait.

He wants me to go to college, find a 'proper' job and pass my driving test before TTC. I wanted to put that off and have another baby.

We dont have a date, as to when we're going to TTC but at the moment it looks like late 2012... DS1 will be nearly 5!!

I dont know where to start really, I want another baby. I dont mind putting it off for a few months, but waiting over 3 years?

Anybody else waiting an extremly long time?

Pretty down and depressed after realising how long im going to be waiting.

:(

Hi and welcome to wtt.

I personaly dont see the point in going back to collage and getting a "propper job" for then to take a year off not long after starting and you may not get that "propper" job for years the way the economy is now. I think you would be silly for getting rid of a job now when there are so many people struggaling to get jobs, even those who have been to collage and uni.

I think your OH dosent want to see you hurt again and has used those excuses to make you wait because he's maybe scared.

I did have a long time to wait 2 years and 3m but its now down to 17m.

Looks like u both want different things Hun maybe if he see's how badly u want another LO he'll come round a bit sooner. * hugs*

Hey hun, I just wanted to say welcome to WTT :) I hope that you manage to persuade your OH to start sooner as it does seem like such a long time away if you feel ready now xx

Thankyou :)

Im not working at the minute, I really dont know what to do. Had an argument over it, and he's said, if I go to college and pass my driving test then we'll start TTC. We're getting by, financially, great. Saving £500 a month, after paying bills, shopping and living. Thats just on his wage. We agreed i'd be a stay at home mum. I know he doesnt want me to be hurt again but i'm just desperate for another baby.

Well, hello and looks like i'll be having a long stay in this section! :)

Hi FizzleBob,

Welcome to wtt! It's such a pain having to wait! I've been waiting for ages on hubby to be 'ready'.

You should sit down and openly and honestly discuss why you are waiting:
Is your relationship stable enough to support another child?
Can you financially support another child comfortably?
Are you both emotionally ready for another child?
Is there anything that you need to really do before having baby that would really benefit the child?
I had to re-train to get a better job with better hours, and better pay before we could even think about ttc. We knew it would be better for us for a family in the long run.

Best of luck with it all!

Hi there and welcome!!!

I agree with those that say it is kind of pointless to go back to college and get that 'proper job' just to take a year or so off for maternity. Good luck persuading OH to TTC earlier!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->