lose weight without dieting! - anyone want to join me?

Sarah lo

mum of 2 little monkeys!
Reaction score
Ok, so I have an idea and I need some help to make it work!

I got the idea from that programme "secret eaters". Basically if you didn't see the show, they looked at people who are putting on weight despite believing they followed a healthy diet and the cameras followed them around for a week and at the end of the week they told them where they're going wrong. Often the people on the show didn't realise how many extra calories they were putting away by adding mayonnaise on their salad or stealing chips from their kids' plates etc etc..

So my plan is this...

1. We get a little group of us together
2. We list everything that passes our lips in a week
3. We examine each other's lists and try to suggest where each of us is going wrong
4. We make little adjustments to our diets accordingly
5. See if the weight comes off!

So in theory, it wouldn't be a diet, we'd just be making a couple of little tweaks and seeing if it made a difference. Would anyone like to join me?

Sounds interesting :) I'm already dieting - So it may not work for me. (well, maintaining weight not losing!) What did you eat today Honey? X

Sounds interesting :) I'm already dieting - So it may not work for me. (well, maintaining weight not losing!) What did you eat today Honey? X

Ah well, you see I'm in the same boat, I've been dieting and I've lost all my baby weight now (all 3 stone of it! :) )

I'm a size 12 and always was pre-baby. I've always thought I could never be a size 10 but this has got me thinking well why not? And is there something I'm doing wrong while maintaining my size 12 figure that could be holding me back from ever getting to a size 10?

Am I babbling?

So it could well work for you, if you've lost all the weight you wanted to but still have extra pounds you never thought you could lose...that's my theory anyway! :) x

Haha :D I'm on a fitness kick, gym 3-5 times a week, including swimming and starting yoga next week. Meals are all healthy, I tend to have one day off a week.

Yesterday I had an egg white omelette, shared with my LO and two slices of whole meal toast. We had some soup, yoghurt and a chicken/veg/potato tea. Drank waters, juice, and some Pepsi max (he didn't!! Lol) also had a cuppa with sweeteners and skimmed milk.

I was a 12 before getting pregnant, now I wear a 10 but they're getting very loose. I've not tried on an 8, probably should. X

I already do pretty much what you suggested using my fitness pal

Of course I have had to cut out all the crap I used to eat, but I put everything i eat on there and I can see day by day how I am doing, it's amazing how things add up and very small changes can have a big affect

Haha :D I'm on a fitness kick, gym 3-5 times a week, including swimming and starting yoga next week. Meals are all healthy, I tend to have one day off a week.

Yesterday I had an egg white omelette, shared with my LO and two slices of whole meal toast. We had some soup, yoghurt and a chicken/veg/potato tea. Drank waters, juice, and some Pepsi max (he didn't!! Lol) also had a cuppa with sweeteners and skimmed milk.

I was a 12 before getting pregnant, now I wear a 10 but they're getting very loose. I've not tried on an 8, probably should. X

Wow that's brill! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->