Lose wieght before getting PG.

Inge

Leo and Jamie
Reaction score
Do you want to lose weight before you fall pregnant? I would like to lose a stone or two before but Its not the most important thing. Im a size 14 and would like to get to a size 12 soon. Iv jst started a slim fast style diet and am sticking to it :thumbup:
Anyone else looking to lose some wieght before having a baby? Or is weight not an important issue in your plans to TTC?
If you do want to lose some weight, what are you doing to reach your goal? What type of diet/exercise are you doing at the moment?

I just had a body composition test done at the gym last week to see where I am. It came back at 29% body fat compared to 31% over a year ago. I have 8 lbs to lose in order to be in what they consider 'healthy' range. I workout everyday, so if I want to lose I would need to really tighten up the food habits. So yes I'd like to, but I don't think I'm too out of wack . . .

I am about a stone and a half heavier than when I got pg last April so would love to lose that but it is coming off so slowly! I have joined a Curves gym which I am really enjoying and trying to cut down my portions!

I would like to lose weight, I am a 14-16 but I exercise probably 4 times per week and I am pretty solid (legs like a rugby player - very sexy!! NOT!), I do love my food and drink though and I am sure if I didnt go to the gym a lot I'd be about a size 20! ha!

Hey, I am trying to get to a size 12, I am back in my 14's and they appear to be getting baggier.

I am doing UK Slimming World and cutting down in general. I am also doing workout dvd's at home and started jogging last week (only 3 times a week and building up distance and pace slowly ).

Would always be happy to get my :bfp: but would prefer to lose another half a stone before I did if possible. Aiming to carry on with my weight loss at 1lb per week if I can.

Good luck to you all girls X

Just POAS and got a BFN and a period in one go!!!:dohh:
Had my 1st day of diet. Shake for brekkie, a handful of chicken and a mullerlight and later will have a meal bar. I dont feel hungry but that will probably kick in later! OH will probably bring home a pizza.:dohh:

Ha ha.... Just do what I do, make OH go on the diet as well. :)

we spent 2 years trying-and over thos 2 years i lost 3 stone, i got down to size 12 and i fell pregnant....i defo think that being over weight can affect everything xx

I have been told by my doctor to try to loose weight!

I have 4 stones to loose before March - yer right!!!

I just cannot lose the weight! I have been 14 stones now for the last 8 years with no fluctuation and in that time I have done slimming world, weight watchers, NHS obesity clinic and stumped all of them!

This time I am going it alone. I have bought myself a wii fit plus to try to make exercising 'fun' and I am going to be trying out a low carbohydrate diet which apparently is the only way to go for people with PCOS. I am stumped with breakfasts though! I cannot cook breakfast before I go to work and cereal is not really low carbohydrate!

My problem is I get bored easily at work. I should not moan but at the moment work is so slow I have very little to do to distract me from my rumbling tummy. So I get bored and head down to the canteen and get a chocolate bar. :dohh: If I did not have to go to work I would be slim by now!!

So yes boredom eating chocolate and crisps, trying to eat as much as my husband and not exercising enough are my crimes against my body - just need to rectify them!!

So yes I do need to loose weight before having a baby - well that is the plan anyway!

I have been told by my doctor to try to loose weight!

I have 4 stones to loose before March - yer right!!!

I just cannot lose the weight! I have been 14 stones now for the last 8 years with no fluctuation and in that time I have done slimming world, weight watchers, NHS obesity clinic and stumped all of them!

This time I am going it alone. I have bought myself a wii fit plus to try to make exercising 'fun' and I am going to be trying out a low carbohydrate diet which apparently is the only way to go for people with PCOS. I am stumped with breakfasts though! I cannot cook breakfast before I go to work and cereal is not really low carbohydrate!

My problem is I get bored easily at work. I should not moan but at the moment work is so slow I have very little to do to distract me from my rumbling tummy. So I get bored and head down to the canteen and get a chocolate bar. :dohh: If I did not have to go to work I would be slim by now!!

So yes boredom eating chocolate and crisps, trying to eat as much as my husband and not exercising enough are my crimes against my body - just need to rectify them!!

So yes I do need to loose weight before having a baby - well that is the plan anyway!

If your sat at a desk all day why not get one of those mini exercise sets? like a mini bike, you cycle whilst your sat in your chair. Its just a pedal thing you use whilst seated. Id get one if I worked in an office. I work in a canteen and when its bored a sausage does find its way into my mouth! But not anymore, my amazing ultra slim diet :)growlmad:) is my life now. Mmmm.... cardboard meal bars and watery shakes:dohh:

OH will probably bring home a pizza.:dohh:

My husband is terrible for that. When he hears my diet options for dinner he will say 'hmmm do you mind if you have that and I get a domino's?' to which I always put the chicken back in the fridge and tuck into the pizza!

I have to make sure I don't hear what he is planning on eating until I have already eaten myself!

My husband is terrible for that. When he hears my diet options for dinner he will say 'hmmm do you mind if you have that and I get a domino's?' to which I always put the chicken back in the fridge and tuck into the pizza!

I have to make sure I don't hear what he is planning on eating until I have already eaten myself!

I did ask him if he'd do the diet with me, but he's such a man he couldnt do it! wouldnt even consider it :dohh:

I did ask him if he'd do the diet with me, but he's such a man he couldnt do it! wouldnt even consider it :dohh:

Yah Boo to your man about the diet lol.. My OH has no choice with me as I do most of the cooking, we are doing slimming world so probably a bit easier as he doesn't feel like its a diet. Although he has had quicker and better results than me........no fair lol.

My scales aren't really being true to my size, I think inches have been lost more than weight. I would really like to lose the min of another half stone before I get my :bfp: but part of me keeps thinking I will get pregnant quite soon, not sure why I am feeling so positive....hope I am not setting myself up for a fall!

Im not making it a goal to loose weight before TTC but i do want to loose the last 10lbs to bet to my pre preg weight. Its taken a year but i have lost over 3st (yep i got huge carrying Jaden) its been tuff which is why im not so bothered about loosing it as i know ill just have to do it all again in a year or so lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->