Losing my mind

That is a hard question, but I understand where you are coming from. I don't think it hurts to look, but if you find a job after getting pregnant, and you are offered the job. Come clean with the new boss and let them know what your plans are for maternity leave, etc. But wait until after the job offer... because they can't rescind it... it's against Labor laws to discriminate based on being pregnant.

If you are nervous about leaving however, maybe look at some things that you can do to decompress yourself in the mean time. Maybe meditation or yoga.. even going to the gym or for a walk on lunch. Something that can bring down the stress level.

Conceive,

I am SO so sorry. :hugs: I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. I know how it feels to lose a baby, and it is awful. I hope your doc gets your levels in order and the next pregnancy is healthy.

I understand the stress of being unhappy at work; the last job I held for nearly 9 years before I had to quit on the spot because I couldn't take it any more. Looking back, I should have quit long before it got to that point. Now, I am unhappy again, but for a different reason. I'm making them transfer me to my former position, even if it means crappier hours and less money. I just hate what I'm doing.

My advice is, if you are miserable, it isn't worth staying, even for maternity leave. You can always start looking; during the negotiations, you never know, you may be able to negotiate that benefits start right away. It doesn't hurt to look, at least.

I wish you lots of luck and I'm always here for you.

:flower:

about the job conceive, i think you should leave, but i know it is way easier said than done as i am in roughly the same situation and should take my own advice.

I can't thank you all enough for your kind words and support. Today went by slowly..still no gushing of blood as I would have expected. Just continual brownish clots when I wipe. Sorry if tmi.

Cried a few times but for the most part I'm just numb. I'm going to start living again instead of being chained to work or ttc. I've decided to start looking seriously and if I do get pregnant, great, I'll figure that out then. If not, I'll do another IUI in a couple of months.

I had a good conversation with a mentor from work, and spoke with my good friend about it. I am abundantly grateful for the support I have and for you ladies, you have no idea how much you all mean to me!

I think you're all right, if you're unhappy with anything you should change it. Make the best out of the situation you're in and move on as soon as you can.

Angel, I'm glad to hear you made a change, sorry to hear the hours are more crappy, I hope that they aren't by much.

Yes, I would say I for whT will make you happiest. I been going through the same thing lately. I've been at my job 10.5 years and am scared to leave, but I am miserable. So maybe you could just go find something less stressful and more enjoyable to take that strain off of you. Just hang in there <3

Hi Ladies,

Thank you all so much for responding so quickly and being there for me. I really appreciate it. I just got back from the RE's office and it was confirmed that I am definitely miscarrying. There is no sac visible.

I have to wait to see if I expel it naturally or if I'll need help with that..so I go back for another blood test and possible u/s next Monday. I took a test this morning and the line was already faint so the numbers seem to be going down quickly and I no longer have any symptoms at all.

My RE was very sad, I held it together as best as I could. My hubby had an emergency work call to take so it was just me and her...she said that we will be able to try again on the second cycle (after I expel this pregnancy and begin my next cycle) since it is so early, it is pretty much a chemical.

I had bought some maternity clothes this weekend because I was already bloating. I also bought a couple of baby items with hubby. We both cried. Luckily, I did tell my boss, so it wasn't awkward having to tell her why I'm unexpectedly out. To add to the misery of today, I also had a course to go to for work, but I will just take today and tomorrow off instead and relax.

I'm not totally down in the dumps...just a feeling of this all being surreal. She said it's genetic, in the sense that the cells just never formed well to sustain a pregnancy. In the interim, she upped my thyroid meds to bring my levels down even more, as that may be a factor.

Hugs and kisses, you ladies helped a great deal this morning.

Oh Conceive, I am so sorry:hugs:

I hate this so much for you. You are clearly very strong and going to get through this. Thinking of you!

I do want to ask your opinions on something. As you all may remember, life at work for me has been really tough. I'm starting to think it's not helping my situation. The bottom line is, there are way too many unhealthy politics, to give you an example, my manager, whom I really adore, was in tears yesterday.

I think I need to look for a new job, seriously. The other side of me thinks to stay because of the benefits. If I change jobs I won't have FMLA for 12 months...

What do you all think?

I definately think you should find you a different job. Some where where you can be happy and not get so upset. I am so sorry conceive I wish there was something i can do

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone doing today? Anything new? It's quiet in here.

Going back tomorrow. Feeling better about everything today. Haven't started a full flow yet, but learned today that my hcg results from yesterday were 150, really low for 5 1/2 weeks...so I should bleed soon. If not, they said they could give me a vaginal medication, but I think I will wait. I have another appointment on Monday to see how things are going.

I just hope I don't lose it on anyone tomorrow. My patience is running thin.

I know how that is with the patience running thin and the coworkers. I almost tore someone a new one today and yesterday and it really isn't me to be that way. If you feel yourself getting angry, Go get a glass of water and down it. You could be dehydrated too. Hugs.

:hugs: if you have to, go somewhere where u can close the door and decompress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->