Losing Weight For Baby: Getting healthy to help TTC

Basically I'll just crave anything sweet or high carb, and if I allow myself something I find it very difficult to stop :/ I've been ok in general at resisting (or having one small thing / or healthy alternative and leaving at that), but since Christmas I've been having full on massive binge fests:/
I'm thinking that maybe because I've started exercising a fair bit I need to eat more but because I haven't been my body's gone a bit sugar mad which has been harder to resist in week up to af.
So I think the answer for me personally will be to eat more in general (within reason!) to prevent myself from gorging on the unhealthy stuff.

Mod19 - I feel the same way. Whatever it takes. Of course today is Valentines Day and there are treats galore all around me. Ugh!

So this morning I almost busted into some fruit snacks on the way to work but I stopped myself. Yay me! Than for breakfast (I work as a nanny so I eat at work with the kids) I was about to reach for a bowl of cereal but that is totally my downfall. I always eat too big a bowl and all those empty carbs first thing in the morning don't fill me up enough and I want to keep eating all morning. On days I feel strong an motivated I can have my cereal and some fruit in nice measured out portions and be fine. I could totally feel today is not one of those days. So instead I'm staring at the open cupboard trying to decide what to eat instead and one if my kiddos suggests fruit salad.

So I made a high protein fruit salad and I can't even finish it! Totally filling, under 300 calories, 16 g of protein and only 2 g of fat!

So I thought I'd share :)

1/4 c blueberries
Half banana diced
Half small apple diced
1 single serving Oikos Greek yogurt cup (any flavour, mine is rasp pomegranate)
1/2 c Kashi Go Lean protein & fibre cereal

Mix it all up! Yummy!

I make salads like that at work too. Usually use oikos fage, or chobani...and its soooo good! Helps curb that sweet tooth too! But I'm a sucker for berries so use lots of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries. Lucky for me I have access to all this stuff at work for free, but this morning after working out I caved and stopped at mcd's for an egg white delight mcmuffun. 250 calories and I need to make it to lunch, where I will be having my nasty gritty shake lol. Gotta save up for tonight though...were going to Texas de Brazil and I fully intend to eat until I cant anymore.

Ft108 - try focusing on healthy protein. It really will help you stay more full. Also, I'm finding that as long as I'm sticking to healthy stuff I'm able to eat plenty to not feel hungry and still usually have extra calories at the end of the day. Are you using any sort of program or app to track your food and calories. That really helps me to be sure I'm eating the right stuff in the right amounts and to make sure I'm getting proper calories each day.

Mod - how fun! That will be a nice valentines evening! We have my step kids tonight so prob won't be doing the whole romantic valentines day thing this year. Our church is hosting a couples conference/dinner/dance tomorrow night so that will be our special valentine thing. No idea what the dinner will be so I'll have to be cautious with calories tomorrow and tread lightly with supper probably.

Im ashamed. I am obsese. No doubt about it. 20 years old. 5'6. 223lbs. Ive always had a big chest, behind, and legs. But recently my stomach has been getting bigger :( Today was my first day exercising and im exhausted. I has this ap on my phone that gives me 10 exercises to do 30, 45, or 60 sec a piece. I did 30 sec, I could barely do 6 excercises! Im a little sweaty, I hardly ever sweat. They are pretty intense excercises but thats no excuse. I think my biggest problem is junk food and fast food. When I was pregnant recently I craved chocolate! And its still my weakness :( I want to lose weight, but in the right places, i want to keep some thickness to my legs, hips, and behind. My boyfriends loves me regardless of my size but id like to do this to help me from giving out of breathe and being able to do more things like swimming, I love swimming and im a good swimmer but being obese takes that away. Also my boyfriend plays soccer, amazing player, I want to practice with him and be the couple that jogs together you know? Sorry this is so long, I needed to vent. I dont know how much I want to lose, ill start with 35lbs and keep going till im satisfied. Hopefully within the next week me and my boyfriend will go get some stuff to help with the journey. Scale, healthier foods, vitamins, maybe a treadmill. Does anyone know any good vitamins? Also ive seen some good reviews on 'slimquick plus' does anyone know if weightloss tablets are ok while TTC? I doubt it. I also love the dvd 'hiphop abs'

Im ashamed. I am obsese. No doubt about it. 20 years old. 5'6. 223lbs. Ive always had a big chest, behind, and legs. But recently my stomach has been getting bigger :( Today was my first day exercising and im exhausted. I has this ap on my phone that gives me 10 exercises to do 30, 45, or 60 sec a piece. I did 30 sec, I could barely do 6 excercises! Im a little sweaty, I hardly ever sweat. They are pretty intense excercises but thats no excuse. I think my biggest problem is junk food and fast food. When I was pregnant recently I craved chocolate! And its still my weakness :( I want to lose weight, but in the right places, i want to keep some thickness to my legs, hips, and behind. My boyfriends loves me regardless of my size but id like to do this to help me from giving out of breathe and being able to do more things like swimming, I love swimming and im a good swimmer but being obese takes that away. Also my boyfriend plays soccer, amazing player, I want to practice with him and be the couple that jogs together you know? Sorry this is so long, I needed to vent. I dont know how much I want to lose, ill start with 35lbs and keep going till im satisfied. Hopefully within the next week me and my boyfriend will go get some stuff to help with the journey. Scale, healthier foods, vitamins, maybe a treadmill. Does anyone know any good vitamins? Also ive seen some good reviews on 'slimquick plus' does anyone know if weightloss tablets are ok while TTC? I doubt it. I also love the dvd 'hiphop abs'

Hello and welcome! Vent all you need to girl, that's what we're here for. I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 199 so I need to get out of the obese category as well. Right now I'm currently doing mostly treadmill exercises. I put it at 3.8 or 3.9 mph and start out at an incline of 5. Do that for 5 minutes. Then move it up to 7. Increase the incline by 1 each minute. After you've finished your minute of incline 13 drop down to 5 for 2-5 minutes (however long you need to get your bearings back) and repeat. You will sweat and you will want to stop but push through. Slow down, decrease the incline, whatever you need but keep walking. I can usually burn 600-700 calories in an hour by doing this. It helps to watch TV and listen to music while doing this to help get your mind off of how bad you wanna stop...and drink LOTS of water! I personally use a preworkout to keep my energy up. I can tell the difference of when I use of and when I don't, but try to use it only when I workout in the mornings before work and never before a workout before bed. I (and everyone i work with) personally use the one by Vega. IF you decide to use a preworkout PLEASE fine one from a recognized supplement store. Nothing from Walmart and nothing with caffeine.

As for any supplement, do not take anything that is sold at walmart or walgreens. You're going to pay more but PLEASE get them at a vitamin or health food store! They are going to be pure (or close to) and work better. I would suggest finding a store that guarantees its products. That way if they dont work for you or have negative effects you can get your money back. I would suggest you try green coffee bean extract, garcinia cambrogia , or Caralluma fimbriata. All are appetite suppressants that you take before you eat (usually about a half hour). I personally don't take any of them, but have heard good things. Stay away from anything that has the HSG hormone in it please! I do use the Garden of Life Raw Fit shakes (which do have green coffee bean extract in them) and it does help to keep me full. Just gotta use almond or coconut milk though, water just doesn't do it. There's also one called Raw Meal and is a meal replacement, but I can't choke that one down. The consistency reminds me of what Slimer would feel like... gross.

Also as other posters have mentioned, combining healthy foods or substituting can help as well. Plain. Greek yogurt, granola and fruit is amazing! Sometimes eating so many greasy unhealthy foods makes you forget how good natural and healthy foods really are. Plus, when you do start working out, you're not going to want fast food or unhealthy snacks. I've noticed that since I've started working out I haven't been wanting fast food as much . We love grilling! Chicken, potatoes and asparagus on the grill is amazing!

I also use the Lose It! App. You keep track of what you eat and how much you exercise. So far I've lost 5 lbs I'm about a week and a half of gym time combined with watching what I eat.

Also remember that it is good to lose weight slowly. If you lose it too fast and slack off you'll gain it all back if not more. If u go down slowly your body can adjust to its new form along the way, thus decreasing the chance of gaining it all back.

Sorry this is so long but I want to say one last thing: supplements are expensive! So be careful with what you buy if you do decide to buy any of them. The ones I've mentioned are roughly in these price ranges:

Garcinia, green coffee bean, caralluma in good form $18-$25 for a 15-30 day supply
Raw Meal - $40-$50 for a 15-30 day supply
Raw fit -$30-$40 for a ten day supply
Vega preworkout - $30-$50 for 20 uses

Hi there!

Am overweight. Currently on a low calorie diet and have been for four weeks. I don't know what I've lost as I don't own scales...

So guys, I just got my very first ever :bfp:! I'm freaking out a bit but super excited!

Congrats! Losing weight deff helps concieve. Helped me before

Haha exactly! I'm kinda antsy about my exercise now. Will hae to see what docs say. I def want to keep going since I'm finally on a roll with it but my miscarriage risk is high with the pcos so I'm a bit nervous to do too much. I should be fine to walk though so I may just have to focus on that.

Happy for u girl!

I started doing hip hop abs again today, its fun, intense, works on the whole body. Its 30 mins but since its my first day doing it in awhile, I stopped with 7 minutes left. I took my shirt off and put a trash bag over me and whew I was sweating like crazy at the end. Started feeling sick.. Ill keep at it! My biggest issue is food, fast food! Sweets! Soda.

Yeah I'd wait to see what the Dr said to be safe too. I hope all goes well for you! Isn't it crazy how excited and freaked out you are all at the same time? Lol

Fast food and sweets are hard! Just have to focus in on your goals though and let them motivate you. I've been reading a couple of Jillian Michaels fitness books and they're great motivators for me.

I just spent an hour playing tug with the dog... Does that count as cardio? Haha

Here's a before and after. Bear in mind I've only been trying to lose for about five weeks
https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q568/lauracostello1988/77e048fd07456966af7a404d2b1ee97b_zpsc2f9b5d1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->