losing weight while pregnant buddies???

catmummyof4

Reaction score
Hey im looking for anyone whos plus sized and trying to lose weight im on slimming world and lost 7.5lbin 2 weeks and hoping for someone to share my worries etc with. I started at 19stone exactly xx

Hi catmummy, (apologies in advance for the long post) I was trying to lose weight when I got pregnant and exercising loads. I have immune issues and have had problems carrying due to thrombophelia and inflammation. I try not to eat too many carbs as it tends to inflame me too much and Spurs on terrible ms with the blood sugar spikes that bread, pasta, noodles, crackers and all that food that I consider junky (high glycemic index foods). Instead when we go for Vietnamese, for example, I ask for more veggies in place of the noodles, I have high protein breakfast with a fruit (this morning it's ham steak with pineapple, weekdays it's usually cottage cheese with berries) if I'm craving carbs I'll have Miracle Noodles which are made out of mushroom (plenty of fibre and 15 calories per bowl). I don't want the ms feeling that I get with high fat/high sugar foods and also don't want the weight gain. First tri shouldn't necessarily have weight gain.

What kind of exercise do you do? I exercise 4-5 times/week (yoga Monday's, kick boxing Tuesdays, Pilates wed, HIIT Thurs and I'm very active during the weekends if I'm not at the gym). I've gained 2 lbs in the first tri and I'm having to take extra progesterone which makes my stomach growl every 2 hours (omg I could eat a horse sometimes and then when I sit down to eat I quite often feel sick). But decaf herbal teas keep me going, my fav's are rose hip, green tea but with green tea it's got caffeine so only 1 after lunch, Bengal spice by celestial seasonings (cinnamon rush!), and lemon ginger.

I always have veggie & high protein snacks on hand: boiled eggs, greek 0% plain yoghurt -in yoghurt the protein content must be at least double carb content or your just eating sugar so NO flavoured yoghurt, just add in your own berries etc - my rule of thumb anyway, beef jerky, mini-mandarins etc). I went from a BMI of 31 down to 22 2 years ago and I've managed to keep it off until I started doing IVF's. I was having troubles ttc and thought the weight was likely one of the issues (prob was!) and that helped motivate me to lose the weight but after 6 ivf's I gained all the way back up to the very top of the healthy zone (BMI 24 ~ 30 extra lbs) and was about to tip into over weight again so I thought I'd make an effort to get back down to a BMI 22 when I fell naturally pregnant:bunny: We were on the adoption list AND I was waiting for AF to come to get on the bcp to gear up for our last ever (7th) IVF when I fell pregnant. So I know I have to eat properly and carefully around carbs if I want to keep this baby. Have you seen this website? The info around supplements, weight gain, foods, causes/treatments for PCOS, and inflammation is great: https://sites.google.com/site/misca...-system-and-miscarriage/reducing-inflammation

Let me know what your snack go-to's are. I was losing weight until I got pregnant, my body was so stubborn I was restricting down to 600 calories/day and couldn't lose anything until AF didn't come and took an HPT and bam! Pregnant. That's why I think my body refused to lose anything. Progesterone is pretty hard to reason with:rofl: I wish you good luck, take care of yourself & baby.

im trying to maintain this weight i suppose through pregnancy, im 63kg which for 4ft10 is a big weight,
im watching what i eat, trying to avoid reaching for the sweet tin and instead having fruit / fruit puree pouches

I am with you!

I lost 2.5 stone and fell pregnant ( not trying!) as I have pcos and as soon as I lose past stone my fertility seems to sky rocket! I have been eating carb free but have added some back in when I found out I was pregnant until I have spoke. With my midwife.

I have been going for walks with my nearly three year old but to be honest I have been finding that I am too exhausted for much at the minute! And I won't lie I have been really bad this weekend as I am too tired to cook.

It's going to be tough but with my first I piled on the weight in the last two months and really don't want to do that this time!

Me me! Let's team up!
I'm on slimming world too, 7.5lbs down in three weeks, pregnant for two of those.
I gained 4.5st while pregnant first time and only just refuse to do that again. I lost nine stone two years ago (after 1st baby), and have regained a few so thought of gaining more...
Slimming World is amazing so far, I've been able to eat loads and it's so healthy and tasty :)

I'm not even going to admit to my weight, because its so terrible. I've put on 50 pounds in the past year or so, most of it in massive leaps and jumps that then refuse to come back off. I honestly wasn't sure I'd even be able to get pregnant at this size and was due at the end of March to go see a doctor for it. :haha:

I was 45 pounds lighter at the start of my last pregnancy, and my doctor fully encouraged me to lose 10-15 pounds throughout the first and second trimesters, through eating more veggies and cutting sugar and watching my carbs. And as I haven't switched doctors, and I'm much bigger now, I fully expect him to encourage weight loss again.

I would be happy if I could even maintain my current weight throughout, but I won't complain if I drop 15+ pounds either :winkwink:

I'm cutting my processed sugar out now, as I'm not really wanting it right now anyway, so I may as well take advantage of that lack of interest! I don't have much of an appetite overall right now either, but I'm also struggling to drink enough water, and I feel super bloated as a result. Sigh.

Pregnancy hormones have made it so I lose my breath easily and it takes forever to get it back, so I'm restricting myself to low intensity exercises. I walk every week day to get my son to and from school (probably about 1.5 miles total) and we've got a home gym in our garage, and since the weather is warming up, I'm going to resume lifting out there tomorrow - aiming for lower weights with higher reps for now! I also need to add in some flexibility... reaching your toes isn't supposed to be hard until you look pregnant :growlmad: :rofl:

We don't really have Slimming World in the US (that I know of, anyway), so I'm just trying to combine my knowledge on dieting and exercising with my knowledge about pregnancy, and any advice from my doctor. I am really concerned that my weight this time is going to put me at higher risk for complications, so this feels far more serious than it did with the last baby! Aiming for "real" foods as much as possible, though vegetables are hard for me right now as they all sound repulsive! :blush:

Yh ladies that find weight loss hard try join slimming world once you get gour head around the idea its soooo easy i had 6lb loss my first week. Iv been hoping someone who knows comes on because iv been really nervous that its all going to go back on!! X

I get gestational diabetes when pregnant and inevitably I lose weight while pregnant just due to cutting down on carbs and cutting out sugar. I don't really eat much sugary food anyway so its not too much of an issue. I just struggle with limiting carbs as my energy levels drop and it is a struggle.
As well as my diet I am planning on making sure I get plenty of gentle exercise so walking and swimming mainly x
Can't wait!!

I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight per se but I really want to remain the same weight throughout my pregnancy. I've worked hard to lose 60 lbs (started out at 19 St 8)
If I do lose weight it'll be a bonus.

I'm also doing SW and lost 2.5 lbs last week. My weigh in days are Thursday's.

I doubt very much I'll lose this week. Food has been TERRIBLE and I haven't had the energy to exercise apart from my 10,000 steps. I was at the gym 6 days a week before my bfp.

Aley im not ifnoring u hun my silly phone didnt no u had commented!! Im toootaly rubbish at diets hence y i am so big. I do no however that if u dont eat enough u wont lose xx

Bluekathy iv never had gd but im looking at th possibility this time so im desperate this time to stick to it lol xx

Embo 2.5 is great its still a loss! My weigh ins are sat 8.30am im quite lucky lol.. i only lost 1.5 on sat cos i wasnt eating enough xx

This was on bodyrocktv on my fb feed today...very inspiring:
https://www.facebook.com/BodyRock.Tv/posts/1078446002182302

Build more muscle/get ready for delivery!

what is it my silly computer wont let me click on it? xx :shrug:

I'll try to find it on their website, just a moment:winkwink:

Update: here's the fb article outside of fb, it's on thedailyhiit blog
https://hiit-blog.dailyhiit.com/hiit-life/pregnancy-motherhood/getting-fit-baby/

When I went to bodyrocktv.com to search for it and searched 'pregnancy' (prob prenatal would be a good search too), loads of inspiring stories and prenatal free mini-workouts popped up. https://www.bodyrock.tv/?s=Pregnancy

Not eating enough is one of the things I do too hun. I always have better losses if I don't try to starve myself.

Have you tried any SP days?

Hi ladies, I'll join you in here ����

I've been doing SW for almost a year - unfortunately the last few months I've been yoyoing but at this point I'm still 3st lighter than when I joined (I was over 19st a year ago). I had a BMI of 42 when I became pregnant with my son, but I have to say I had a pretty straightforward pregnancy with no problems (apart from him having to be forcibly evicted 16 days after my due date!).

My BMI is about 37 this time, so I'm hoping that means I'll have another straightforward time! Overall I did pretty well with weight the first time - my metabolism seemed to increase and I didn't gain anything until the last few weeks - after he was born I was basically 2st lighter than before I conceived. So I'm optimistic this time but didn't want to take anything for granted.

I've been a nightmare the last few weeks, I've gained about half a stone (mostly before I got my BFP) which is stupid. Weigh-in is either tonight or Weds - tempted to go Weds this week to try and counteract some of the damage lol. I've been very hungry and not reaching for the right things. I'm thinking of making a curry loaf to snack on later. And maybe hard-boiling some eggs.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough!

Embo & catmummy - have you both got the pregnancy guidance from SW? I got it last week. No SP days and 2 x HEA & HEB.

Thanks frantastic. I haven't even told my consultant I'm pregnant cos I have a history of miscarriage and I'm not ready to tell anyone apart from my husband irl!! but thanks for the infor on the SP days/hea and heb. I'll be certain to follow that :)

Do you still go to class and weigh in etc?

im not following any plan - im using my fitness pal on my phone to track what im eating, making sensible choices and aiming to do light exercise most days (wii fit type of stuff)
I've had a slow week with being indoors with a poorly pair of boys but still lost 0.3 of a kg, its not much but better off than on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->