Lost... Confused... Scared... Feeling stupid. (Updated)

sskinner91

Reaction score
In my last post I said I was in the ER (which I was because I was spotting and passed only a few tiny blood clots) and the doctor said my levels were low which could mean I'm experiencing a miscarriage... I still went to my scheduled sonogram then my doctor called me with the results saying they didn't see a sac in my uterus but want me to go back in for more blood testing to see if my levels are increasing because it still may be too soon... I'm still barely even spotting I haven't been bleeding and no cramps. My first blood test said i was about 3 weeks pregnant that test was about a week and a half ago. The next test my numbers tripled and said I could be anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks pregnant. All of this has been less than 2 weeks ago. I'm tired of being poked and prodded. I'm severely depressed now. I was an idiot and already announced both my pregnancy and a miscarriage and now I don't even know which one is true!!!! I'm ashamed and embarrassed.

Well hun, don't feel embarrassed. Early pregnancy can be very confusing at times. Is this your first pregnancy? What were your levels at? Spotting can sometimes happen and in a lot of cases doesn't result in miscarriag. Did they call it a "tbreatened miscarriage"? Sometimes that just usually means they don't know why you're spotting (I've had spotting in my pregnancies & baby was just fine). HCG levels can vary greatly from woman to woman & week to week. A sac can usually only be seen if you're at least 5 weeks along, so you could just be too early to see anything. The most important thing is your levels go up when your blood is tested again. I attached a chart of how different HCG levels can be.

Keep us updated, I hope everything turns out alright :hugs:.

hCG-levels (1).jpg

Well hun, don't feel embarrassed. Early pregnancy can be very confusing at times. Is this your first pregnancy? What were your levels at? Spotting can sometimes happen and in a lot of cases doesn't result in miscarriag. Did they call it a "tbreatened miscarriage"? Sometimes that just usually means they don't know why you're spotting (I've had spotting in my pregnancies & baby was just fine). HCG levels can vary greatly from woman to woman & week to week. A sac can usually only be seen if you're at least 5 weeks along, so you could just be too early to see anything. The most important thing is your levels go up when your blood is tested again. I attached a chart of how different HCG levels can be.

Keep us updated, I hope everything turns out alright :hugs:.

View attachment 1087089

Yes they called it a threatened miscarriage. I believe he said my levels were at 572 or something like that. Definitely in the 500s. He also said my cervix was closed and there wasn't much tissue when he swabbed me. He also said I had white cells in my urine.

Yes they called it a threatened miscarriage. I believe he said my levels were at 572 or something like that. Definitely in the 500s. He also said my cervix was closed and there wasn't much tissue when he swabbed me. He also said I had white cells in my urine.
Did they do an abdominal or transvaginal ultrasound? Has the spotting increased or has it stopped? If it hasn't increased at all and it's on its way to stopping then I would say that's a good sign. From what I've read anyway, usually spotting progresses into full-blown bleeding and clots (if you're going to have a miscarriage) pretty quickly. There's also cramping accompanied with it because it's your uterus trying to push out tissue.

Did they do an abdominal or transvaginal ultrasound? Has the spotting increased or has it stopped? If it hasn't increased at all and it's on its way to stopping then I would say that's a good sign. From what I've read anyway, usually spotting progresses into full-blown bleeding and clots (if you're going to have a miscarriage) pretty quickly. There's also cramping accompanied with it because it's your uterus trying to push out tissue.

They did both. It's pretty much stopped at this point. I guess all I can do is wait.

Had more blood work today. I should find out the results tomorrow. I have zero hope. :-(

keep some hope, spotting can be very normal. I've had it & a lot of other ladies have too. Good luck sweetie, I'm praying for good results for you.

Doctor never called but bleeding bad now and passing blood clots. Its over.

I'm so sorry hun :( massive :hugs:

Im so sorry hon.
I've had 6 Misscariges all together and they are truly horrible.
So im sending you the most biggest warmest hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->