Lost my angel and wanna ttc again

Shell'sAngels

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Well i am more here to ask questions and introduce myself at this moment as well it was only 4 days ago i gave birth to my precious son Lucas we lost due to Patau Syndrome (trimosy 13), i had known for 3 long weeks that we were prob gonna lose him and its been the worse 4 weeks of my life. I thankfully have 2 living children and im very thankful for that and have 5 other angels including a ectopic pregnancy and the removal of my left fellopean tube.

Now i know it seems so early thinking about ttc again, but i truely feel the only way to get through this greif is to try again and be pregnant again i feel so so empty. I wish Lucas was still inside me and we were gonna be giving birth to him in a few months and all to be ok but it hasnt happened that way and i really cant stop thinking about being pregnant again. I hope this doesnt sound selfish as ive not even buried Lucas yet but i cannot help how i feel.

Anyway my questions are, can i get pregnant before my period arrives?... and how long did it take for peoples periods to come back? Im guessing having 2 births prior to this its the same? couple weeks of bleeding and anything up to 6 weeks b4 my periods return?

Im Shelley by the way, i have been a regular on 'one tubers' and 'first trimester' and now hoping to come over here and join you ladies. Im so sorry for all your losses and wish you every success in a bfp soon xx

So sorry for your loss hunni. I lost my Charlie to Edward's syndrome 8 weeks ago.

I was almost 14 weeks and got AF 5 weeks after i lost him.

You can get PG before AF, it depends on your HCG levels. Have you had bloods or done any HPT since your loss? How far along were you?

Huge hugs to you. Wishing you a speedy BFP xxx

hi hun,

Im so sorry for your loss too, did you have to go thro birth also? isnt it awful that 1 in 28,000 i was told have patau syndrome how unlucky can we be?

No ive not done hpt or bloods what is that for? my hcg levels have always been high in pregnancy i was 17 weeks when i lost Lucas... Im still obviously bleeding so not even wanted to 'do the deed' as yet....but didnt even know if we ovulate before our periods?

Thanks for your reply xx

I was told that you don't OV till your levels go down.. i had blood HCG of 0-25 and AF came 2 days after that. It's worth doing a test just to see what is going on.

The odds really suck don't they? Yeah I went through the birth option. I have 4 other kids so i knew what to expect. Also i needed to do that for him if ya know what i mean?! We also got to spend lots of time with him to say our goodbyes.

xxx

its awful, the worse experience... ive miscarried naturally in the first trimester ive had a ectopic pregnancy which was awful... but this, took the biscuit it really was so awful as id started to feel him move i was big as its my 3rd im sure i expanded so much quicker and now im just so so empty, i miss listening to his heart beating on my doopler everynight... i even sometimes rub my belly and think i still am pregnant its just so upsetting! and i just wanna feel pregnant again.

Ive not got any pregnancy tests in the house but thats interesting... i dare say i will still be carrying some hcg in the higher range knowing my hcg in the past, i always thought i was having twins it was that high lol..

We held Lucas and said our goodbyes too, and we are awaiting confirmation on his burial at the moment and i may feel some closure then i hope. xx

I was feeling movements too. Even now i still drop my hands to where my bump should be. I should be 22 weeks now :(

:-( sad times.... how long have you been ttc hun? this your first cycle?...

Hoping we both get bfps soon, im not in anyway trying to replace Lucas just want to fill that empty feeling and i will never forget him he will always be looking down on us watching us and up there with his angel brothers and sisters. xx

Hugs on your loss, mama - my heart breaks for you. May you find strength and peace.

It's not at all selfish to want to get pregnant again right away. You're not replacing him; you're just adding another light to your life. Hearts don't run out of love to give out.

Yes, you can get pregnant before your period, and mine was ~5 weeks after we lost our girl.

hun im so sorry for your loss, i didnt want to read and run but im thinking of you and hope you get another chance soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hoping we both get bfps soon, im not in anyway trying to replace Lucas just want to fill that empty feeling and i will never forget him he will always be looking down on us watching us and up there with his angel brothers and sisters. xx

This is my first cycle since we lost him. Not feeling hopeful, but we'll see x

This is my first cycle since we lost him. Not feeling hopeful, but we'll see x

fingers crossed for you xxx

And thanks everyone for warm welcomes xx

hi ShellsAngels
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't answer your questions as well as the other girls but I just wanted to say how much I admire you for your PMA.
Lots of :dust: hope you get your bfp soon xx

hi ladies,

Im trying to get used to being in here.

I gave birth to my son 6 weeks and 1 day ago after he fell asleep in my tummy at around 35 weeks (not sure exactly when or why :cry:).

I am now desperate to TTC again but still waiting for AF...its been 6 weeks!!!

Ive read that you can fall preg before AF and been hoping thats why mine hadnt come but did a HPT 9 days ago and BFN....but it had only been 5 days between the last time we dtd and when i tested....i just dont know.

Seeing consultant tomorrow so will be asking him about AF not arriving :-(

xxx

awww no shelley :cry: im so sorry hun :( i remember talking to you i think in chat room... :cry: im so so sorry... wish could give you a hug.. its horrible when these things happen..

no your def not selfish.. you just need some positivity to think about and to feel that life inside you once again.. :hugs: i hope af shows soon so u can try again xx

im soo sorry hunny :hugs: prayer go out to you and your family!! xxxx

awww no shelley :cry: im so sorry hun :( i remember talking to you i think in chat room... :cry: im so so sorry... wish could give you a hug.. its horrible when these things happen..

no your def not selfish.. you just need some positivity to think about and to feel that life inside you once again.. :hugs: i hope af shows soon so u can try again xx

Hi hun, yeh i remember ya from the chat room where has that gone by the way???....

I know we are devestated so so devestated i cant even beguin to explain after all that worry that it wasnt ectopic then that i got to the crutial 12 week point and we did and i had scans all the way up and nothing was spotted then another scan revealed the heartbreaking news, and i wasnt willing to terminate the pregnancy cuse i wanted to fight with my baby, but we lost the losing battle and decided what was for the best, and we were so correct cuse when we gave birth to him he was born with many deformaties and so so poorly hes now at peace.

Just wish i was still pregnant i feel so so empty :cry::cry::cry:

hi ladies,

Im trying to get used to being in here.

I gave birth to my son 6 weeks and 1 day ago after he fell asleep in my tummy at around 35 weeks (not sure exactly when or why :cry:).

I am now desperate to TTC again but still waiting for AF...its been 6 weeks!!!

Ive read that you can fall preg before AF and been hoping thats why mine hadnt come but did a HPT 9 days ago and BFN....but it had only been 5 days between the last time we dtd and when i tested....i just dont know.

Seeing consultant tomorrow so will be asking him about AF not arriving :-(

xxx

Hi sweet,

Im so so sorry for your loss, my little man Lucas was born sleeping last weds, its such a awful thing to go through, if you want to PM me anytime im here maybe we can help eachother...

Im sorry AF hasnt arrived im hoping mine doesnt take long either i want to ttc asap and hope i fall b4 af but im doughting that very much i think i will be round for the long haul with only one fellopean tube :-(

much love xx

Hey Hun!

How are you?

Sorry I didnt respond yesterday-Like I said I put my phone down and completely forget about it.

I know how you feel, Trying again is a massive thing in my mind atm. You know what I think though as soon as you and your lovely hubby are ready the go for TTC again. For that little girl you long for :)

Im here for you.

Hope you enjoyed your roast and Glass of wine (I have had a few bottles over the last couple of weeks, Like you say the best bit although would give it up in a second to have Jacob here!)

xxxx

Hi Sarah,

No worries hun lol i always doing that! just want you to know im always here also if you would like to chat its still very new with you too and lil Jacob.

Im ok, have down points in the day and not so down points, i keep trying to focus on trying again as it seems to be helping cuse i know that Mike is more than happy to start trying straight away... typical male for different reasons no doubt lol.. na he really wants another baby he was so upset through all this and he was the one originally before we lost Lucas who wanted a baby more so than me! it was only when i was pregnant i realised how much i actually couldnt wait to hold my baby again and wanted this just as much. Sadly didnt turn out that way but its helpin me knowing that 1 in 28,000 chance of it happening, and happening again he said would just be well 'sh*t luck' putting it bluntly.

Can i ask you a really really personal question and you dont hav to answer but have you and your OH actually done the deed since Jacob?... its just i dont know how long to wait? im guessing as soon as we feel ready??... just last night with valentines and all romantic altho i am still bleeding it is calming down alot i almost was tempted but didnt in the end but im feeling the sooner i 'get back at it' so to speak the more hope of catching that eggy if it appears b4 my first period. Sorry bit tmi there but you have to ask these things....I keep feeling like i need to explain myself that im not trying to replace Lucas in anyway dear god i wish he was here but for me i think i just so want to be pregnant i feel so empty and its so awful when everyone around me is pregnant i just feel its my way of 'moving on' the best i can possible

Hope your ok hun, and thanks everyone for kind replies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->