• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lost my little boy at 17+5 weeks.

Hi Cracker, I think that is what made it all so hard. Every single scan I had (and there were many) he was fine, there was no infection and he had a strong heartbeat. I still don't actually know when I lost him. I am guessing it was during my labour some time. Each day is slowing getting better than the one before but I know I will never truly get over it.

We are heading out on a holiday in the next few weeks. Can't wait to spend some quality time with OH. we just miss our little boy so so much!

thanks again to all for your kind words.
TJmyangel - River was one of our short list names for our baby but when we first laid eyes on our precious boy, it just seemed so fitting! I think of him constantly.

Mhazzab - thats exactly how I fee. I know she is just so excited to have a new addition, but it really does feel like she is just rubbing my nose in it. I received a text from her the other day saying we should catch up and I had already told her DH that we weren't ready so I really had nothing nice to say so I just ignored the text only to receive another one from her today. We have already told them that it is hard for us to see them right now but they just dont get it.
Congrats on your rainbow baby how exciting and how special to have your due date around the twins birthday!

TwoRdue - wow seems we are in almost the exact same boat except you were having twins. that's exactly how my situation panned out. I had the bleeding then eventually my "plug" if you like gave way and I lost the all important fluid around River. I had no idea at the time what was happening I had never experienced this. I just thought it was more bleeding because it was happening in the lead up to it. What is your plan now?

I only just got my first AF since River. Still waiting for blood tests and what not but my Dr has given me the ok to try again.

I am now WTT as I have to wait to have two natural cycles before the hubby and I can go back for the IVF as we still have two frozen embryos and another round that is paid for by the government but I also want to wait and see what the test on the boys and me say as depending on the out come it could change everything (I am due to find out next week fingers crossed).

I had a lot of discharge the week before my water broke and thought that it was normal but now I know the signs for the next pregnancy (not that I ever want that to happen again) as I was all new at it but the doc did say that it still would not have changed the out come as it was going to happen know matter what.

Will you be trying again?? for me its what keeps me going! Best of luck

thanks again to all for your kind words.
TJmyangel - River was one of our short list names for our baby but when we first laid eyes on our precious boy, it just seemed so fitting! I think of him constantly.

Mhazzab - thats exactly how I fee. I know she is just so excited to have a new addition, but it really does feel like she is just rubbing my nose in it. I received a text from her the other day saying we should catch up and I had already told her DH that we weren't ready so I really had nothing nice to say so I just ignored the text only to receive another one from her today. We have already told them that it is hard for us to see them right now but they just dont get it.
Congrats on your rainbow baby how exciting and how special to have your due date around the twins birthday!

TwoRdue - wow seems we are in almost the exact same boat except you were having twins. that's exactly how my situation panned out. I had the bleeding then eventually my "plug" if you like gave way and I lost the all important fluid around River. I had no idea at the time what was happening I had never experienced this. I just thought it was more bleeding because it was happening in the lead up to it. What is your plan now?

I only just got my first AF since River. Still waiting for blood tests and what not but my Dr has given me the ok to try again.

I am now WTT as I have to wait to have two natural cycles before the hubby and I can go back for the IVF as we still have two frozen embryos and another round that is paid for by the government but I also want to wait and see what the test on the boys and me say as depending on the out come it could change everything (I am due to find out next week fingers crossed).

I had a lot of discharge the week before my water broke and thought that it was normal but now I know the signs for the next pregnancy (not that I ever want that to happen again) as I was all new at it but the doc did say that it still would not have changed the out come as it was going to happen know matter what.

Will you be trying again?? for me its what keeps me going! Best of luck

My Doctor told me to wait one cycle before TTC again. Like you it is what keeps me going.
I had no idea what was happening at all but like you, I know the signs for next time and I am very much hoping that my next time will be all smooth sailing.

I have my fingers crossed for you and I hope all your results come back ok and you can begin TTC again. I hope so badly that the next round of IVF works for you and hubby! I have everything crossed for you!

thankyou all so much for your kind words.
You hear about things like this happening to people but I would have never imagined that I would have to go through something like this.
It is great to be able to have a place to talk to other women who have experienced the loss of a child.
We want so badly to start a family but after 2 losses I know I am going to be a wreck with any other pregnancy. I try to believe that everything happens for a reason but I just cant even begin to think what reason would there be for this to happen to us!
Im going to try and take some strength from others that have been there.

Yeah it's definitely something like happens to other people and never ourselves. Hits like a slap in the face when it does :(

I'm so sorry you have had to come and join us here xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->