Lost My Plug! Help!

HopefulMarla

Reaction score
I am 37 weeks, and was having regular contractions all morning. I went to the bathroom and there was my plug! All yellow and gross. Contractions got REALLY horrible, and had some fluid. So, I went to make sure water didn't break. It didn't, and I still wasn't dilated but one centimeter. Womp womp. BUT she did say that I was having real contractions, and they were big! So now it's a waiting game. She also said this could go really fast. Or, take a few days. My question to you ladies is how long did it take you to go in to labor after you lost your plug? Were you already contracting when it happened? I would appreciate any stories you have to pass the time till my LO comes :)

Never lost mine with first until 5-6cm.

Lost plug over and over with #2 & #3 it wasnt until i had bloody show after sweeps with them that i went into labour 48hrs later.

Good luck will be stalking for progress hope it happens soon for you x

I lost my plug on the Thursday, contractions started on the Friday where i went in to hospital and my daughter arrived on the Saturday :)

Good luck :) xx

Thank you! My contractions have completely fizzled. I am feeling really defeated

My question to you ladies is how long did it take you to go in to labor after you lost your plug? Were you already contracting when it happened? I would appreciate any stories you have to pass the time till my LO comes :)

With DS1, lost my plug around 37-38 weeks. I was induced at 41 weeks. (though I was 2 cm at 39 weeks, and then when I went in for induction I was 4cm and fully effaced). And according to doctor I was already contracting since about 35-36 weeks.

With DS2, I don't think I actually lost my plug, that I could tell. The morning contractions really started I had bloody show that looked really mucusy. I think I was contracting beforehand (maybe night before) but not noticeable until that morning. I had doctor appt day before, and I was told I was 3 cm and 80% effaced (same as I was two weeks before).

Good luck!

I lost bits of my plug the day I went into labor. During that day contractions were 45 minutes a part. That night things really took off and I had my baby the next day at 38w6d. Everyone is different though!

Baby number 3 here. Lost my mucus plug last Sunday with heavy pressure and off and on comtractions. Had my OB appt last Wednesday and was 2 cm dilated 50% effaced with a head down baby.
Still having off and on contractions and heavy pressure and lost more pieces to my mucus plug yesterday. My ob appt is today so we shall see. I suspect I've dilated more.
Your mucus plug coming out could mean hours or days or even weeks still to go. I'm guessing my baby will be here within 2 weeks.

Yeah, I know it could mean weeks till he is here. That's why I am asking other women's stories. For some reason I am having real and frequent contractions. They just aren't changing my cervix :/ which is crazy annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->