Lotus birth!?

Leaving a rotting organ attached to a baby doesn't seem particularly safe to me

omg ew disgusting....oh wait im actually considering doing it with this delivery :shrug:

omg ew disgusting....oh wait im actually considering doing it with this delivery :shrug:

The only thing that put me off is having to carry a baby and the placenta around, seems quite tricky with a newborn.. I don't think is disgusting at all, its just nature! I'd consider it for my next birth too now I'm more confident handling a tiny baby :flower:

The only thing that put me off is having to carry a baby and the placenta around, seems quite tricky with a newborn.. I don't think is disgusting at all, its just nature! I'd consider it for my next birth too now I'm more confident handling a tiny baby :flower:

And possible a toddler tugging it :haha:

They usually dry up much quicker then the normal 3-10 day time frame stated.

I strongly considered it. I guess the Daily Mail aren't the people to ask if you want an unbiased view on, well, anything.

Also, they can't spell cord. Not top notch journalism.

And possible a toddler tugging it :haha:

They usually dry up much quicker then the normal 3-10 day time frame stated.

Yeah I just read that - 2-3 days :D It's nice to read new things. Still curious about safety and will read further into it.

Got any more info on it? I'm curious.

The placenta is dried out with salts and herbs and wrapped so it doesnt actually touch baby.

Its very much a spiritual thng to do

https://www.sacredbirthing.com/lotus-birth/

Ummm... I have just been reading this, not sure if it is something I would personally do, as I dont understand the benefits?! I am intrigued with placenta encapsulation - now that is something that I think I would def consider if I go on to have more babies... but need to do more research..

It's not for me but I read about it on the natural birthing boards and it's really interesting.

Just read the article and I think that my favourite part is in the comments where it says it might attract magnets!

I dont find it worthy of a sick smiley.
I think theres a way to put across an opinion without offending those on the forum who do choose to do it. :nope:

I've read about it before (I won't read the Daily Hate) and it's really intetesting. I would never want to do it in a million years but each to their own. I read too that in some cultures they bury the placenta as a mark of respect? Fascinating.

I think it's disgusting, but that's just my opinion as I wouldn't do it. I couldn't care less what other people do though - their babies, their choice.

I'd honestly consider it. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->