Lotus birth!?

I'd honestly consider it. :shrug:

I thought the same when i read the article this morning.
Ivys placenta was so so painful to push out etc. Almost like it was being pulled and removed before it was ready.

I found the daily mail article to be shockingly un-daily fail like. The comments as always do amuse.

I dont find it worthy of a sick smiley.
I think theres a way to put across an opinion without offending those on the forum who do choose to do it. :nope:

I never take part in any threads that cause arguments or have to be blocked when people become cruel or hateful so sorry if thats what you think has happened now.

Can this be closed please?

Except for me.
I read it.

But y'know for.. amusement purposes....

:smug:

I can unstand that initially the idea of it is a bit :wacko: but then i thought about how the placenta has done this amazing job of nourishing and protecting our babes. They have grown with them and in the womb babies will cuddle up against them and play with their cord.

On a spiritual level they have a deep connection to it, its been their companion for 9 months so the idea of them gentle letting go of it appeals to me.

I can unstand that initially the idea of it is a bit :wacko: but then i thought about how the placenta has done this amazing job of nourishing and protecting our babes. They have grown with them and in the womb babies will cuddle up against them and play with their cord.

On a spiritual level they have a deep connection to it, its been their companion for 9 months so the idea of them gentle letting go of it appeals to me.

I didn't even know this but it is literally the cutest thing.

i actually really like the idea of this and would love to do it with my next baby (if i ever meet anyone to have a baby with and give my son a little brother or sister!) however the actual practicalities of it slightly put me off, i mean carrying it round etc. but like they said in the article whos up and doing serious things 2-3 days after baby is born..i know i wasnt! also i would worry about visitors, would be quite funny in a way though...have a hold of my new baby..and his/her placenta!lol. i think id be keeping visitors away until it fell off. i really love the idea of it, how natural. i mean back years and years ago, thats how it would have happened!

To each their own. It is "weird" to me? A little, but that's because it's not common. People think I'm weird because I breastfeed a 9 1/2 month old :shrug: Anything new or against the norm is going to seem weird to some people. That said, if I were to have another baby maybe I would consider it after more research.

For those that are doing a lotus birth or have, :thumpup: Good for you for not deciding not to do it just because someone else might not agree with it. It's your baby and if you feel it's best, what does anyone else's opinion matter?

I love the DM comments

Really dislike this idea of keeping the lacenta attatched -the baby would need to be kept in very secure conditions e.g pets , rodents, foxes etc what a nightmare.

Where do these people keep their newborns placenta or no placenta???

I love the DM comments

Really dislike this idea of keeping the lacenta attatched -the baby would need to be kept in very secure conditions e.g pets , rodents, foxes etc what a nightmare.

Where do these people keep their newborns placenta or no placenta???

Personally, i found Evelyn was fond of the kennel.

:rofl:

I'm seriously scared that I'm going to end up dropping LO because I'm so clumsy, I'd never be able to keep hold of the placenta aswell! I think I'd have a panic attack :haha:

Wait you mean you guys didn't keep your newborns in a kennel? The dog kinda gnaws on the baby's toes...very good for a pet/baby bonding experience.

I seriously considered a lotus birth. I do think it's more natural to ingest the placenta (smoothie, encapsulation, etc.), but this would be a good second choice.

I seriously considered a lotus birth. I do think it's more natural to ingest the placenta (smoothie, encapsulation, etc.), but this would be a good second choice.

I think I'd prefer the encapsulation over the lotus birth . I'd be afraid to hold baby incase you would pull it or something . But each to their own . I personally wouldn't like to see the placenta never mind carry it around for a few days . I don't remember seeing mine when LO was born but it was painful when it was being what felt like pulled out of me

:) I loved seeing the placenta after both my births - it looked pretty grim, but it felt like I was waving the thing off that had been taking care of my babies, and now it was my job (I know baby was in my body, but ya know what I mean hehe)... So amazing that something so yak could do such an amazing job!

I think they thought I was still high on the gas and air when I asked to see mine. I'm so glad I remembered to ask to see it, I was so tired I could have easily forgotten. It was really interesting to see it.

I think they thought I was still high on the gas and air when I asked to see mine. I'm so glad I remembered to ask to see it, I was so tired I could have easily forgotten. It was really interesting to see it.

Same here. I missed it with my first but asked to see it with Rory. Glad I did too. She gave me a little biology lesson on it lol.

X

I don't think there's anything disgusting or strange about a lotus birth at all. I'd also be up for encapsulating the placenta lol. Each to their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->