Love handles!

FJL

Heartbroken after m/c
Reaction score
I've recently lost just over 3kgs (7 pounds) and while I wasn't at all big, still not, I just wanted to lose some weight to make me feel and look better, and I do!

I've mainly lost it from my tummy which is much flatter, but now I want to get rid of my little love handles! Any idea how I can do that? My exercise is horse riding and lots of walking. I do crunches and sit ups including ones to the side but only do this a few days a week because I forget to do them!

Any help or ideas would be great! I was blessed (or unblessed :dohh:) with child bearing hips (how ironic :blush:) and I think i'll always have a little extra on the sides but I just want to eliminate as much of them as I can!

Thanks guys!

Congratulations on loosing weight. You must be very pleased. Swimming is a good exocise to loose your love handles.

I cant wait to start shifting some of this weight when baby arrives. I feel like a house.

X

Thanks! I might pluck up the courage to get in my swimsuit and head to the local pool!

best way to lose love handles is to reduce your overall fat percentage. Unfortunately it is impossible to spot reduce fat in particular areas, Trust me I've tried. When i design personal fitness training programmes for clients who want to decrease the size of there love handles, i decrease their calorie intake and increase the amount of cardio exercise they do, jogging, power walking and swimming are all brilliant for this. Keep up the sit ups and side crunches and you will see progress in no time. xxx

You go girl! Running gets rid of them fast! I have childbearing hips too and when I was running 2 times a week, my love handles were the first to go! Unfortunately I hate running. :hissy: Also, if you have small weights you can hold them to your sides as you stand up straight and drop one side down and up. This helps the stomach muscles too and is really easy.

ive heard that doing the side sit ups on those big exercise balls works well!

Hi FJL

I have always power walked to keep in shape, seems to do the trick and also free and pretty easy which is good (dont do strenuous activities!). I did end up buying myself a treadmill though and its brilliant!

have u got a hullohup (sp) gets ur hips in motion well done for losing weight babe keep going

Well i've been swimming a couple times since, hard with the holidays though, and thanks to AF can't go again until Monday. I've joined a circuit fitness group too, have upped the anti on the walking with small spurts of running. Have just started some light free weights at home too.

Still got them big love handles, but hopefully in another month i'll notice some kind of difference!

Thanks for all the suggestions girls!

Im trying to get rid of mine too! Im starting karate soon so hopefully that might help with the wobbly bits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->