loved my baby names til my parents said they didnt!!

ethan amelia

Mummy to Isabelle
Reaction score
well as you can probably guess from my name that i want Ethan for a boy and Amelia for a girl

Told my parents and they like Amelia but both said Ethan sounds like an evil name???? whats all that about!!

It was going to be Amelia Carol (middle name after my late mum)

or Ethan Christopher ( middle name after my OH late brother)

What you think???

i love the names, Ethan sounds evil? :saywhat: i have always thought that Ethan sounds sweet and kind lol maybe do to the fact that i know an awesome guy named Ethan. we keept Evans name to ourselves until he was born for this exact reason. we didnt want everyones opinion. we are also keeping this bumps name from our family and friends. it adds to the surprise. once your baby is born they should be so thrilled at their new title as grandparents to worry themselves over the name.

I like both hun!! I found it better to keep our baby name choices between me and OH... other peoples opinions werent helping cos my mum always hated the ones i love so put me off... we choose a name when i was about 35 weeks but didnt tell anyone till she was born so no1 could complain then they all had to like it!!!

aww thanks girls. I think we are going keep to ourselves from now on! xx

I love Ethan Christopher! =) Not evil at all!!!

I love both names and Ethan was one I considered too...parents say odd things sometimes..like Ethan starts with the letter 'E' so I guess the name has that in common with Evil...lol

My folks normally hate everything that isn't very traditional so you have to take advice with as many grains of salt as you see fit.

I think they are both lovely names :)

Don't get told off by your parents I think yur names are great :)

im not a massive ethan fan, but i would not say it sounds evil!!! that said, i have only ever taught badly behaved ethans!!

Maybe theyve been watching too much Lost (Theres an evil Ethan in that)
If not, they just have active imaginations! hehe It sounds cute to me

I love BOTH the names you picked out. This is YOUR decision - not your parents'.

Ethan is a lovely name- It's what our little boy will be called!

I love the name Ethan. If i had a boy i will push for that name lol. xx

Maybe theyve been watching too much Lost (Theres an evil Ethan in that)
If not, they just have active imaginations! hehe It sounds cute to me

:rofl: I was just going to say!!

I think Ethan is a great name. It is very popular right now too, and probably unheard of during your parent's time which is why they are probably having a harder time with it. Don't worry, your baby will show them just how cute and angelic Ethan can be :)

I love them both hun. Pay no attention to other people's opinions! :hugs:

i love the name ethan and its on our shortlist... who cares what everyone else thinks... and i dont think they will be too bothered when they become grandparents.

good luck with everything xx

I have an Ethan whos the most gorgeous affectionate 4 yr old ever x

both names are lovely hun, Annabelle was going to be Amelia!

there your name choices dont let anyone tell u what to do

Lou
xxx

I love the name Ethan. It was actually in the running for the name we picked when I was pregnant with Aiden, but I had dated a guy named Ethan before my OH and everyone would have thought we picked the name because of that. So it was no good for us. But I still really like it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->