Loved my partners reaction!

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
Told my partner that I am pregnant yesterday (I had known for a day but wanted to hold off until yesterday as it was our 4 years of being official anniversary) - I was worried about his reaction as we have lost three babies already and he is currently off work with anxiety and depression.

He has been uninterested in most thigs for a few weeks now due to his depression - it is actually a miracle we got pregnant as he has had no drive for a while - but he has completely turned a corner. He has been so excited.

Since the second miscarriage he has never allowed himself to get excited. He is scared of another loss.

Apparently this is the "kick up the backside he needed" - whilst I don't think that depressed people need a "kick up the backside" I am just quoting him - don't want to cause offence here!

That's great news hun :) Congratulations on our BFP. Here's to a H&H 9 months :flower: xxx

Thanks ladies. His mood is still up from where it was, hoping that this one is our rainbow :)

Aw that's really lovely news!

Really hoping this is your little rainbow <3 x

That's fantastic that he's recognised his mood may have needed something to break him out of a bad spell. Depression is a horrific condition - and awful to live with in a partner if they're not in a good space. I would say he has a gut instinct all will go well for you and a H&H pregnancy too.... Just a feeling I have but if he's been reserved before and isn't now, I place a lot of importance on gut instincts - particularly those of people who are hyper sensitive to this world. Congratulations. Xxx

Islabella - I am so glad he seeked help when he did. He had been to his gp a few times over the years about this and they just put it down to anxiety, as he has a stressful job. Finally someone has recognised the full extent of the problem. I suspected depression for a while now, and you are right, it is hard for me too. He never wants to do anything, doesn't want to get out of bed until lunchtime, I often come home and he hasn't done anything in the house - normally he is not like this at all, however when he is going through a rough patch it is like he isn't even there half the time. Yesterday, we had parked the car next to a trolley park and I opened the door and bashed it off a railing (which was really low down and I couldn't even see) and he yelled at me for it. Now, there wasn't even a mark on the door or the railing, and normally he wouldn't even acknowledge it. Of course I cried, which made him upset and it was horrible. So there are still rough moments, but on the whole he is better than he was. He is scared to take his antidepressants though which is a worry.

We do both feel more positive about this pregnancy than the last one. The first one we didn't really worry as we had no reason to, the second we thought we would be fine second time around, with the third we were really cautious but with this we feel more positive. Here's hoping this is our rainbow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->