Low AMH Level but normal FSH Level...Give me hope girls...:(

i have low amh. i m takig dhea ,coq 10 , rj/bp. i ll wait for 3 to 4 months , thn give another try in august.

Just following up on this. I have a really really low AMH (0.5ng/ml - which is 3.6 pmol/L - so check which is used at your clinic) and amarginal FSH (10.6 last week, 10.2 18 months ago) and I don't really respond to any IVF drugs or clomid. We are now looking to use donor eggs.

Sorry, not a very hopeful response!

Yes I had my AMH Levels checked on July 21 and it was very low also 0.08 and I am 36. Here is what the Dr emailed me with my results.
ANTI-MULLERIAN HORMONE <0.08 ng/mL Fin
TEST INFORMATION: Anti-Mullerian Hormone
FEMALE:
0-16 years: 0.00-7.10 ng/mL
17-29 years: 0.85-14.24 ng/mL
30-39 years: 0.51-7.27 ng/mL
40-49 years: 0.00-6.21 ng/mL
50 years and older: 0.00-0.82 ng/mL
MALE:
0-13 days: 15.50-48.10 ng/mL
14 days-11 months: 39.10-91.10 ng/mL
12 months-6 years: 48.00-83.20 ng/mL
7-8 years: 33.80-60.20 ng/mL
9-12 years: 6.10-60.70 ng/mL
13-16 years: 2.30-33.10 ng/mL
Adult males (17 and older): 1.50-18.35 ng/mL

Hi - I wanted to share a positive message with you, as I too was devastated with my AMT result (2.4) a couple of years ago. Normal FSh.
I'm sat in my bedroom with my gorgeous baby boy who's 11 weeks old.
He was conceived naturally in the 2nd month of trying (much to his daddy's disappointment ;0) - despite horror stories I read and the ivf I expected to have to undergo.

Good luck to those trying...

It's great to read of some success on this thread and natural too. Just thought i would add my situation, it may help those waiting for treatment.

I have low amh (8 on uk scale) at 31 years, my FSH was 7 but post ivf jumped to 9. I haven't had a bfp yet but i've had 2 ivf's and yielded 20 and 12 mature eggs.

Unfortunately for me i fear my low amh may be an indicator of other issues for me, immunes?

I just wanted to share that low amh doesn't always = low antral follicle count though.

Stumbled across this site whilst trying to discover what low amh test results actually mean!
Mine was low at 1.5 and have to say feel very down but having read some of these posts you have given me food for thought and I realise I need to stay positive. At 34 and only just beginning ttc I have everything to play for.
Thanks everyone :)

Don't know how helpful this will be, but I have low AMH, High FSH and low antral follicle count (at 32 - i'm so lucky, aren't I!)

I had high stims during my ICSI and produced 4 eggs. Of those, 3 were fertilised and ended up with 2 embies to put back. I got my BFP but sadly miscarried a few weeks later.

Just waiting until 20th when we have our follow up appointment with the clinic to see where we go from here.

SK x

I am very new to all of this- I have had problems with ovarian cysts- lost an ovary and had a cyst surgically removed from my remaining ovary :(
We are discussing if/when we are going to try for a baby and the MD suggested we do the testing to see how the health is of my ovary---
Turns out to be not such good news... I apparently have VERY low AMH (0.26) and they are very concerned- I have to do a progesterone level next week then my next period do the 3day labs to see where the FSH is...

I guess I just dont know what all will be happening- I have been crying ALOT today since MD called with the news :(
I am only 27!! This is heart breaking for me!!

Anyone else had similar situations?
or can help me understand more of what all the processes are to get 'there'

i know the ladies who started this thread started it along time ago- but i was wondering if they ever had any success??

Thanks so much.
i am just trying to understand this better.

mandrews, your AMH is pretty much the same as mine. My other hormones are good and my cycles are healthy and regular. Six months into natural TTC, we're still nowhere. We gave ourselves two more tries and then we're off to see our reproductive endocrinologist again.

If you're still around, I'd like to share my experience with you (saw you in another thread, too) since we're both at the same clinic.

Hi I just had my AMH levels checked at a routine appt with my gyni levels came back low at 7.33 pmol. This really stressed me out as not really sure what it means for me. Doc says she feels it's a reasonable level but I am only 29! Have felt better reading some of the success stories here but having had one miscarriage it's hard to be positive. Would appreciate ppl thoughts/ experiences in a similar situation to me

Hello ladies - I know this post started a long time ago but hoping for anyone with an update with some good news ?

I have been on DHEA's since Oct 2011 after being told I have a low AMH but normal FSH. I am only 28 so as you can imagine heartbroken at my age I am having problems TTC.

I am due to see my doctor next month to see where we go from here but just wondering if anyone took any tablets to try and improve there AMH or any advice ?

Thanks ladies

Love to all

xxx

I have low amh and normal fsh - been on DHEA off and on since August 2011 - with no luck. I tried clomid, but RE said I should probably do donor eggs and I don't want to do that. Just wondering what your doctor suggested as your next step.

Hi ladies,

I'm pretty new to this site. Have been a member for a while but haven't really posted any threads.

I too was diagnoised with low AMH levels (3.73). This came as quite a shock as for the past 2 years of having many different tests, including lap & dye, and always being told there is 'no reason' I was convinced I must be stressing myself out - I even tried reflexology for a few months.

I start IVF after Easter. I guess the only good news from this is that at least I will be put straight onto the correct protocol, therefore (hopefully) no cancelled cycle!

I turned 30 last month and am really hoping that (after trying for 3 years) this may be the year for us.

P.S. Unsure whether it's proven to help but am taking CoQ10 supplements until the treatment starts...

I got my AMH results back in May 2009 & they were low 4.2, i was 31 at the time & it broke my heart :cry:. DH also has a low sperm count so we're a right pair eh :cry:. I found out cos i wanted to egg share & being so young i had no idea my result would come back so low.
I done some research & started taking DHEA & Maca but i'm still waiting on our BFP :cry:. I refuse to give up though & am planning on starting soy again this cycle cos it can help produce stronger eggs:thumbup:. I took it for a couple of cycles last year & it definately made ovulation much stronger but after yet another BFN i took a much needed break from TTC & am now ready to go again :winkwink:. Praying for a miracle 2012 BFP :cloud9:. The test doesn't reflect the quality of the eggs,just that the reserve is low & it only takes one egg to get pregnant :winkwink:
Good luck to all of you & sending you all massive hugs :hug:
& loads of babydust (never give up on you're dreams :cloud9:)
:dust::dust::dust::dust:
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Hello ladies

Sorry I didn't come back.
Just an update - I am still on the DEHA's and now going through with my IVF. My scans/blood tests are going through.
I can't actually say if my AMH levels have imporved but I do have more follicels. I can't swear blind this is from the DHEA's because the other medication might have helped but I will continue with the DHEA's until i get that BFP !

Hope everyone is well

Lots of luck and hugs xx

Hi Everyone!

I came upon your post just searching for a way to share my story with other ladies like myself with low AMH and normal FSH (as well as other normal Ovarian Reserve Tests). I am 34 years old and am happy to say I am now 26 (almost 27 weeks) pregnant with my first child. I too felt devastated by the diagnosis of low AMH (it was considered negligible levels) but my husband and I were determined to do everything in our power to change our situation without using too much medical assist. I did try 2 rounds of Clomid which didn't work. Ultimately I did a lot of research and began to change my lifestyle, added acupuncture, changed our diets, meditated and found books and resources that would help me stay positive and in control (as best as possible).
We ultimately became pregnant naturally a few months after our diagnosis and lifestyle changes. I am aware that everyone is different and responds differently. But I did want to give you some positive results and also say that the medical world is still trying to figure out what low AMH means. It does not mean you can't get pregnant it just means it may be a little more difficult for you (and me and many others).
Good luck with everything! I hope my story helps you and let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Kataliya,

It's always lovely to hear of a success storey! Many congrats. to you both.

I cannot say that I've changed anything to do with lifestyle, I drink on the odd occassion and do not smoke. I enjoy the gym and go 4 times a week. I relax, a lot, at weekends so is there anything, other than taking supplements, you would suggest I try?

Always willing to give anything a go!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"