low amniotic fluid and measuring below 10th centile. worried

kezia

Mummy to Tyler xxx
Reaction score
hi ladies I was admitted to hospital last week for a kidney infection so they did a scan to check kidneys and baby. kidneys are fine but lo was measuring below the 10th centile. I went for another scan yesterday and she is still measuring below the 10th centile but also my fluid has dropped form 10.7 to 7.7 in just a week. the consultant said I should start getting ready as she doesn't think I will make it to 37 weeks. I have to go every Monday for a scan and twice a week for monitoring. I'm really worried they are going to induce me soon. I'm only 32 weeks so would like lo to stay cooking for at least another 5 weeks.

does anyone have any experience or advice?

also where could the fluid be going as I haven't noticed any leaking.

thanks

Hey Hun, I was monitored from 30 weeks with my daughter, cause she was measuring small, though my waters were fine. I was scanned every week and they kept talking about inducing me, but she made it to 37 weeks naturally, small but perfectly formed (5lbs). I know it's hard not to worry, but they are being extra vigilant for the sake of the baby, not to scare you. Hopefully your LO won't need any intervention, but if they do then it's better to be so closely monitored. You and your LO are in the best hands! :hugs:

thank hun my first pregnancy was straightforward and I had him at 40+6 so all this is completely new to me. think I better start packing my hospital bag just incase x

thank hun my first pregnancy was straightforward and I had him at 40+6 so all this is completely new to me. think I better start packing my hospital bag just incase x

Yeah, do! I was rushing around packing mine at 37 weeks after my waters had broken! Wasn't like i hadn't had enough notice! Think I was in denial! :)

I had this during my first pregnancy but it started at 22 weeks. Joshua was under the 1st centile and my fluid gradually dropped to under 1. At 34 weeks they decided he was safer out than in and delivered him via c section. Induction wasn't even mentioned as I didn't have enough fluid to be able to push him out. It's good they're keeping such a close eye on you. The low fluid and iugr is usually a sign of a problem with the placenta. We managed to hold on 12 weeks from the first diagnosis, so fingers crossed your lo stays put a little longer. Joshua was delivered at 34 weeks weighing a tiny 2lb 7oz. I was given steroid injections the 2 days prior to delivery, but sadly Joshua just wasn't ready for such a battle. Your fluid can go up again, make sure you're drinking plenty and getting enough rest to help lo as much as possible. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->