low anterior placenta.

kimberley3

1 angel bean <3
Reaction score
This is my third baby, my other two babies had a high anterior. I've had two emergency sections and now this baby's has been put down at low anterior, they gave me an internal scan as well to see the cervix etc and they said it was covering the os. This was put in my notes and I'm not sure if it means its covering quite a lot or its only some of the edge. I'm worried about the placenta being attached to my scar. I've been advised that if i have any bleeding or pain to come straight into hospital, and also been put on a sex ban, rescan at 32weeks. any input would be great x

Attachments

• edited.jpg
    edited.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 22
Hi! I had the same thing with DS #1. I was put on the ban too. Placenta will usually correct itself and move up. I got rescanned at about 32-33 weeks and it did actually correct. I did end up with an emergency C but that was for a totally different reason. I wouldn't worry and see what they say at the next scan. Goodluck Mama!

Hi! I had the same thing with DS #1. I was put on the ban too. Placenta will usually correct itself and move up. I got rescanned at about 32-33 weeks and it did actually correct. I did end up with an emergency C but that was for a totally different reason. I wouldn't
worry and see what they say at the next scan. Goodluck Mama!

Thank you for your reply, I'm hoping it does move up, im just worried as ive had two emergency sections that this pesky little thing has stuck to the scar! I'm having another section planned this time and was really hoping for a natural section recording the lot but that wont be happening if this placenta doesn't move up. was yours covering the cervix too? x

Yeah it was just covering it by a bit, not completely.

Your cervix is completely covered by the placenta right now according to the note you attached, but very very often it goes up and away from the cervix as the pregnancy goes on. A friend of mine was diagnosed with full placenta previa in her second trimester, by delivery it had moved up and she was able to have a vaginal delivery (she had previously had a section). Just try not to worry while you are waiting to see if it moves. Chances are you will be able to have a natural elective section.

The placenta is so huge chances are it does cover your scar at the moment, but that would be the case for most women who had a previous section (including me). Just keep an eye as they said. Hope it moves up for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->