Low Back Pain

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
Hey Ladies-was wondering if anyone was experiencing some low back pain? I didn't have this at all with my daughter, but the doc told me that since this little boy is resting so low; he's right on my pelvis. Apparently he's sitting on a nerve and it's just sending shooting pains into my lower back, butt, and sometimes legs! Usually just when I bend over or turn the wrong way too quickly. Is there anything I can do to relieve some of the discomfort? I've got a pregnancy pillow that I'll start using (thought it was too early, but guess not). Can I put a heating pad on my lower back for a little bit? Any advice!?

Hey hun, I'm experiencing EXACTLY the same thing and it makes sleeping so uncomfortable!! Midwife said to me to keep legs together when turning over through the night and put a pillow on the part that's aching...to be honest though, I have to say, neither is working very well!! So I, too, would love to know any other ideas you girls have x

Hey hun, I'm experiencing EXACTLY the same thing and it makes sleeping so uncomfortable!! Midwife said to me to keep legs together when turning over through the night and put a pillow on the part that's aching...to be honest though, I have to say, neither is working very well!! So I, too, would love to know any other ideas you girls have x

I'm glad someone is in the same boat! I turn so much throughout the night, that I wouldn't be able to be awake enough to keep my legs together! Ha! I remember now someone saying maybe visiting a massage therapist may work. Maybe someone on here has been to one and can let us know!

lol yeah i said to the midwife, that I'm just sooo tired thru the night that I don't even know what I do with my legs thru the night anyway lol I've had the pain for about 2/3 weeks now and is just starting to go over my shoulders and neck now so might go back to the docs xx

Yes, in my back and my hips, especially after sitting/laying still for a while. And yesterday my neck was stiff xx

lol yeah i said to the midwife, that I'm just sooo tired thru the night that I don't even know what I do with my legs thru the night anyway lol I've had the pain for about 2/3 weeks now and is just starting to go over my shoulders and neck now so might go back to the docs xx

Into your shoulders and neck? Yours must be moving up through your back...mine is moving down into my tailbone! Ugh!

Yes, in my back and my hips, especially after sitting/laying still for a while. And yesterday my neck was stiff xx

Yeah, mine is the worst when I wake up in the mornings after I've been laying down the whole night.

Tailor sitting might help, or getting on all fours and just letting your belly hang..That's my favorite..Feels so good!

Hi ladies

I've got this and it's not fun. My midwife's referred me to physio, perhaps yours could too. I said it was sciatica type pains and I'm not an expert but yours could be like that too.

My physio's given me some exercises, like lying on my back and swaying my knees from side to side, also getting on all fours and curving my back up and down. Also make sure your posture's OK when you're sitting, not too upright and not too slouched.

I've been sleeping with a little pillow between my legs or under my bump for a while now. Stops me from tensing in the night when I worry about not sleeping on my front.

Hope you manage to get some relief anyway. Oh and go for the hot water bottle / heat pack, they can work wonders can't they?

xx

Hi ladies

I've got this and it's not fun. My midwife's referred me to physio, perhaps yours could too. I said it was sciatica type pains and I'm not an expert but yours could be like that too.

My physio's given me some exercises, like lying on my back and swaying my knees from side to side, also getting on all fours and curving my back up and down. Also make sure your posture's OK when you're sitting, not too upright and not too slouched.

I've been sleeping with a little pillow between my legs or under my bump for a while now. Stops me from tensing in the night when I worry about not sleeping on my front.

Hope you manage to get some relief anyway. Oh and go for the hot water bottle / heat pack, they can work wonders can't they?

xx

Thank you for this! That was some great advice and I think I'll definitely be doing some of those exercises before I go to bed tonight. I am going to start using a heating pack, also. I think that will help alot!

My heating pad is my best friend! I always bring it with me. My pain goes away instantly... It wasn't severe to begin with. Just enough to make me go, "Daaaamn. That hurts."

i just started getting them today. feels almost like pre-af pain. it's comforting to know that this is normal.

i'm definitely gonna have to hit the hot water bottle soon.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->