Low blood sugar

SpringCrane

Reaction score
With my son and last pregnancy, I had what I would consider traditional morning sickness. I felt nauseated and dizzy. Smells really bothered me and I had a lot of food aversions. This time, I'm feeling very unwell, but it's a different sort of feeling. I feel like my blood sugar is all over the place and that's what's making me feel ill. I'm trying to eat small, frequent meals and snacks that are protein rich and keep the simple carbohydrates to a minimum, but I feel like I spend most of the day feeling like my blood sugar is really low. I have had lifelong problem with hypoglycemia so I'm familiar with the symptoms. However, managing my diet isn't really helping like it should. I feel ok for about ten minutes after I eat something but otherwise I feel really weak, I get cold sweats and hot flashes, a headache and kind of shakey. I've basically spent today and yesterday laying on the couch because doing anything makes me feel so much worse and weak. My stomach has that constant burning hunger sensation.

Is anyone else having similar symptoms? My first appointment is Thursday so I plan to speak to my midwife then, but I'm just taken by surprise by my symptoms this time and not sure how to best handle it. With normal morning sickness I could more or less control it with ginger, sea bands, frequent meals, etc. But I'm not nauseated at all this time... Feels totally different.

In my experience morning sickness manifests differently for each pregnancy...first pregnancy it was straight up constant sickness, second pregnancy it was like having the flu with a powerful appetite and then sick after eating, this pregnancy it's like waves of nausea that come and then go, and yes, seems to be driven by low blood sugar. I get a lot of those same symptoms you do, feel weak and dizzy.

With my son and last pregnancy, I had what I would consider traditional morning sickness. I felt nauseated and dizzy. Smells really bothered me and I had a lot of food aversions. This time, I'm feeling very unwell, but it's a different sort of feeling. I feel like my blood sugar is all over the place and that's what's making me feel ill. I'm trying to eat small, frequent meals and snacks that are protein rich and keep the simple carbohydrates to a minimum, but I feel like I spend most of the day feeling like my blood sugar is really low. I have had lifelong problem with hypoglycemia so I'm familiar with the symptoms. However, managing my diet isn't really helping like it should. I feel ok for about ten minutes after I eat something but otherwise I feel really weak, I get cold sweats and hot flashes, a headache and kind of shakey. I've basically spent today and yesterday laying on the couch because doing anything makes me feel so much worse and weak. My stomach has that constant burning hunger sensation.

Is anyone else having similar symptoms? My first appointment is Thursday so I plan to speak to my midwife then, but I'm just taken by surprise by my symptoms this time and not sure how to best handle it. With normal morning sickness I could more or less control it with ginger, sea bands, frequent meals, etc. But I'm not nauseated at all this time... Feels totally different.

I had this all last week. Same as you described. Even went and was checked out by OB and they said it was normal. They did an ultrasound and baby was fine. Havent had it happen again since Friday...super weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->