Low Fetal Heart Rate and Im Scared UPDATE PAGE 3

I had a scan at 6+6 and the hb was around 40-50 and I wasn't given much hope and I even had a big bleed soon after. had another scan at 7+6 and the hb was normal and yes my dates were correct. hope you have the same outcome honey xxx

I had a scan at 6+6 and the hb was around 40-50 and I wasn't given much hope and I even had a big bleed soon after. had another scan at 7+6 and the hb was normal and yes my dates were correct. hope you have the same outcome honey xxx

Thank you so much for your reply. I LOVE stories like yours. It gives me some hope.

Thank you so much for your reply. I LOVE stories like yours. It gives me some hope.

:) I know I was devestated after that first scan and fully expected the worst even told the few people that knew I was preg that I was going to miscarry. Got the best shock of my life the next scan! Doctors seem to be so quick to jump to conclusions after early scans when babies develop soooo differently early on some take a while to get going! best of luck x

I hope you get good news today! Definitely switch your doctors, there is nothing worse than a medical professional who is suppose to offer you his help in better or worse scenario's to be completely insensitive. Keep us posted!

UPDATE: Just got back home from my 3rd ultrasound and the heart rate has gone up to 156 however the fetus is measuring only 7w2d when Im actual 7w6d -- They are still showing the blood clot (subchorionic hemorrhage) but stated it looks like its getting smaller in size.

I agree you should switch doctors....sounds like yours are going out of your way to scare you....what ever happened to the hypocratic oath? Hope everything goes well in your scan today. Can't wait to hear some good news :)

Personally I wouldnt worry too much about measuring 4 days behind. Plenty of women do and they catch up. Also remember their 'dates' are just based on averages, just as every child is different surely every fetus in the womb will develop at slightly different rates. I hate it when doctors immediately jump to the worst possible outcome! WHen I was TTC and I'd come off the pill my periods were all over the place. My doctor took bloods on the wrong day of my cycle and then told me I was in premature menopause! When I argued and said my blood test had been done incorrectly and they did it again - normal. But, I still had weeks of worrying I was infertile for no good reason. Honestly I think sometimes they cant see the wood for the trees!

I was measuring 4 days behind and I am certain of my dates(this was at 7w2d), but I had another ultrasound 2 days later(because I also have a subchorionic bleed) and the baby had caught up by 3 days! They said sometimes the angle of the baby makes it measure smaller, like if its turned sidways a little. The heart rate on your baby sounds great though! Good Luck!!

Great news! I'm glad the HB is at a normal rate! Don't worry about 4 days, like someone else mentioned, the dates could be skewed or the bub is going to catch up soon. :)

My baby has been measuring 3 days behind since the very first u/s and my dr isnt concerned at all. With such a great hb i think its time to take a deep breath and relax!!! Im so happy for you!!

congratulations! im sure you are delighted!! 4 days out is nothing honey, like I said before they can develop at different rates :) in my last pregnancy my baby measured 10+ days behind at an early scan and by 12 weeks she was actually measuring 5 days ahead! stop worrying now and enjoy xx

Thanks everyone. I am going to try to relax now. I must admit it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my heart. But I am still concerned about the clot/bleed. But I read many times those resolve on their own by the second trimester. But in the meantime having the heart rate go from 70 to 156 is the best news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->