Low Fetal Heart Rate and Im Scared UPDATE PAGE 3

DaisySue

TTC First Child
Reaction score
I just needed to vent. This is my first pregnancy. I went for my first ultrasound at 5w6d and fetus heart rate was 70 the doctors are saying Im going to miscarry went back for another ultrasound at 6w4d and the heart rate went up to 79bpm. The doctor read the results from my last ultrasound and it stated although there has been fetal growth the heartrate is consistant with what we've seen for spontaneous abortions / miscarriages. So I decided to continue charting after my first ultrasound and for the past 4 days I notice my temps have been dropping I am so scared I am going to miscarry soon. My pregnancy symptoms are gone, except for tender boobs. I used to be so extremely tired and sleep most of my day away and now Im up all day until late midnight. Im so worried.

Has anyone experienced low fetal heart rate and had a good outcome?

I have no idea or advice, i'm sorry but I do have a :hugs:

try stay calm and put up your feet and try your best to relax,thats all you can do.I had low heart rate with my boy in second tri and again at delivery. at delivery they told me to calm down and when i did the trace showed a big improvement,they told me to sleep on my left side too for some reason...dont know why tho!

think positive
x

I'm so sorry you are going through this. The reality however is that a fetal heart rate lower than 100 Bpm is not a good sign...better to be prepared for the worst (God forbid it should happen) than to be given false hope. There's always the possibility that your beanie will make it and somehow catch up! here's hoping for you! Good luck xo

PS: I don't think your temps are indicative of anything in particular.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I suppose I am prepared for the worst. I go for another ultrasound in the morning. Im hoping it turns around but not feeling very optimistic right now. I know that anything under 100 is bad.

I havent found many posts/boards that had positive outcomes there were a few and I hope this Bean and I fit into those successful cases.

I hope everything turns out ok. I am going through something similar. I am 6 wks 5 days. I had my first ultrasound on Monday because I noticed a little brown spotting after exercising. The doctor's office told me to come in just in case. The did an ultrasound and the doctor was a little concerned because the heart rate was 91 bpm which is a little low. He said it can be one of two things. The pregnancy could be ramping down meaning miscarriage or it could be getting ready to ramp up in which case everything is fine. He doesn't think the low heartbeat is necessarily an indication of miscarriage because I am not haveing any other symptoms of a miscarriage like a lot bright red bleeding etc. I have another US next Thurs so we will see how it goes. As far as the pregnancy symptoms goes....I think they can come and go during your first trimester...some women don't have any symptoms at all. So I definitely don't think that is necessarily an indicator of anything. I think its good news that the heartrate went up...it's headed in the right direction. A loss of a baby is something we all have to be prepared for but sitting around worrying and stressing over the unknown is not doing yourself or your baby any good. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Oh gosh hun how stressful :(

I have no advice or wisdom, just wanted to give you a :hugs: and hope for the best!

Thanks FSUGIRL for your reply. I hope your little bean heart rate goes up and you have a happy and healthy 9 months. I agree its not healthy at all to worry about the unknown. But it is very hard to forget it too. I hope I have good news in the morning. I would be lying if I said I was not scared out my mind. Meanwhile on a good note I have not had any cramping or spotting. So thats a good thing!

I hope everything turns out ok. I am going through something similar. I am 6 wks 5 days. I had my first ultrasound on Monday because I noticed a little brown spotting after exercising. The doctor's office told me to come in just in case. The did an ultrasound and the doctor was a little concerned because the heart rate was 91 bpm which is a little low. He said it can be one of two things. The pregnancy could be ramping down meaning miscarriage or it could be getting ready to ramp up in which case everything is fine. He doesn't think the low heartbeat is necessarily an indication of miscarriage because I am not haveing any other symptoms of a miscarriage like a lot bright red bleeding etc. I have another US next Thurs so we will see how it goes. As far as the pregnancy symptoms goes....I think they can come and go during your first trimester...some women don't have any symptoms at all. So I definitely don't think that is necessarily an indicator of anything. I think its good news that the heartrate went up...it's headed in the right direction. A loss of a baby is something we all have to be prepared for but sitting around worrying and stressing over the unknown is not doing yourself or your baby any good. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Please let me know how your US goes today. Mine is not until next week so keeping my fingers crossed. Said a little prayer for you today :)

Can't offer any advice Daisy Sue, but just wanted to offer my good luck vibes for you for tomorrow :hug:

Here's hoping you've just got a lazy bean who's relaxing a bit too much ;)

Rest as much as you can and try and do something to zone out, like watch a box set or something that you can get lost in, harder to do than say and I know that.

Best of luck for tomorrow xx

I don't really have any advice hon, just wanted to send some :hugs:

you saw ure lil beans heart beat early thats good i went for my 5week + 3d scan 2day and just saw a sac...i really hope it gets faster for u may just be were bean is small and is going to have a spurt im not too sure but big hugs xxxx

My friend was rushed into hospital when she was 6 weeks pregnant and her Lo was found to have a slow heartbeat. I'm sorry I don't know the numbers or anything and don't want to give you false hope but her LO is 17 months now and not a bother on him.

I hope your outcome is just as positive too, I really do :hugs:

Good luck for tomorrow - hope you get a positive outcome xx

My ultrasound time was changed from 10am to 230pm apparently they double book my time with another patient. I will update the status as soon as I know something. I am so scared and nervous. I really hope the heart rate has increase and growth is still on target. On a good note I had mentioned all my pregnancy symptoms had disappeared about 5 days ago, but yesterday I began to feel a very tired around noon, was having major boob tenderness, and a little nausea. Also my temps were dropping the past 4 days and yesterday my temp went back up. I hope this is all a good sign. But its so hard to relax, I read so many things about people and their symptoms and the then still have a missed miscarriage where fetal growth stop or no heartbeat. I know one thing for sure if the heart rate does go up. Im changing my doctors immediately because my doctors have made me a nervous wreck by telling me the pregnancy is going to end. Miscarriage should occur soon. I understand they are suppose to prepare you for the worst but man give a little hope, even if they say something like theres a 1% chance but to say you ARE GOING TO MISCARRY is no chance at all. I didn't like that at all.

Wishing you lots of luck. I hope to see good news from you. Changing doctors is a good idea, they should not have been so insensitive and I'm sorry they made you so stressed, hopefully unnecessarily :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->