Low Firm Open Cervix

anamchara

TTC #4!
Reaction score
Good Morning! I checked my cervix this morning and I have lotiony CM but my cervix is low, firm, and open. I've read it gets like that before the start of AF. If you're pregnant it gets high and closed, right?

Does this mean I'm probably out? :sad2: :help:

It does usually go high, soft and closed. I noticed it with my first pregnancy but the second time round I hardly noticed any change at all so it doesn't necessarily mean you're out hun. Good luck x

I had wondered about cervix position as well but came across a few threads on different pregnancy sites where many of the women said their cervix stayed low and firm, sometimes up until the 2nd trimester. Others said they'd had it high and soft in one pregnancy and then low and firm in the next (just like Lil_Miss91 says above). I think that even though there are all these 'textbook' symptoms we are told we should be expecting in early pregnancy, it's not textbook at all, everyone experiences things differently and our bodies react to the changes differently too. Just like some women's boobs start getting bigger and sore straight away and others not until later on. So I don't think you should count yourself out, it could be that your cervix is yet to move up. Fingers x'd for you!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->