Low HCG Level?

JGraefe

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm about 4 weeks 5 days pregnant with our first. We conceived using 100mg of clomid days 3-7. LMP was May 11th and we found out we were pregnant June 7th.

I've had 2 blood draws so far, the first to confirm the pregnancy with a beta HCG and the 2nd a repeat beta HCG because the first came back so low. The 1st results were 13.1 and those were taken on June 8th. The 2nd results were 29 taken on June 10th.

My worry is that my HCG is really low and we're going to lose this baby. We've been trying for 2 years so I'm heartbroken that the numbers keep coming back so low. Has anyone had similar numbers and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

Are they going to repeat another beta? That might give you a better idea what to expect.

They are meant to double in 48 hours which yours did:)

How many dpo were you on the first lot? The hcg has to start somewhere and it has doubled x

What did your doctor say about your results. I have read stories where hcg levels start low and pick up later on but from what I understand once they're doubling you are good.

In all my pregnancies my hcg has been extremely low, at 18dpo it was 15 but then I only got my bfp the day before. Your numbers doubled which is the main thing. Praying you get a good outcome, hopefully more bloods will tell you what's going on.

It's doubled, which is the important thing. I hope for you that it's good news. We've just had a low result (59 at 5 weeks 3 days) which isn't looking so great, but the docs said they need to see the next result to be sure. Unfortunately I'm also spotting :/. FC yours is a sticky one.

My first beta was 43 at 3+2
My second was a week later 2,700
My third 4 days later was 15,645
:) levels rise differently with everyone . Try not to worry . All that matters is they double

Hey all,

Thank you all for the replies! I had the first beta done about 12dpo and the second done on what would have been the day of my period. I have not had any sort of spotting or anything. I had a third blood draw this morning so we're waiting on those results which we will hopefully get this afternoon!

My doctor said after the first blood results came in that it was either very early or we were possibly miscarrying. I think he's more confident after seeing my 2nd test but I'm just unsure why it's only 29 at 14dpo. I guess I just need to be patient and see if my third test will have doubled as well.

I will be praying for a sticky bean for you! I hope that results from the second test show good things. Fingers crossed!

It's doubled, which is the important thing. I hope for you that it's good news. We've just had a low result (59 at 5 weeks 3 days) which isn't looking so great, but the docs said they need to see the next result to be sure. Unfortunately I'm also spotting :/. FC yours is a sticky one.

Good luck with it. They are rising so it looks hopeful.

Congratulations on your bfp :)

In the same boat. Just got my 1st beta result at 14 dpo and its 25. Will repeat it Wednesday but I'm not hopeful. Good luck to you! I hope this is your sticky bean.

They sound ok to me, especially the fact that they have doubled. Considering most people begin with a number between 1-5, if you were around 13 on 12 dpo, you may have been 6.5 on 10dpo, 3 on 8 dpo, etc. I thought most people implant between 6 and 12dpo, with the average being 9dpo? Those numbers make perfect sense to me, and as long as they continue to double appropriately I don't see an issue with them.
Good luck with your next draw

xxxxxxx :hugs:

Doctor called back this evening with the latest blood draw results. I had them drawn this morning and he said they came back at only a 35.2. So between Friday at 2pm and Monday at 9am my HCG only went up 6.2.

He's having me go in on Wednesday for another blood draw and will continue to do so until I either miscarry or start getting good numbers again.

I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up after all :(

So sorry, JGraefe :( I hope Wednesday brings good news.

Doctor called back this evening with the latest blood draw results. I had them drawn this morning and he said they came back at only a 35.2. So between Friday at 2pm and Monday at 9am my HCG only went up 6.2.

He's having me go in on Wednesday for another blood draw and will continue to do so until I either miscarry or start getting good numbers again.

I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up after all :(

Oh no, I hope Wednesdays numbers are better. xo

Hi ladies,

I'm about 4 weeks 5 days pregnant with our first. We conceived using 100mg of clomid days 3-7. LMP was May 11th and we found out we were pregnant June 7th.

I've had 2 blood draws so far, the first to confirm the pregnancy with a beta HCG and the 2nd a repeat beta HCG because the first came back so low. The 1st results were 13.1 and those were taken on June 8th. The 2nd results were 29 taken on June 10th.

My worry is that my HCG is really low and we're going to lose this baby. We've been trying for 2 years so I'm heartbroken that the numbers keep coming back so low. Has anyone had similar numbers and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

That number is quite low, but I wouldn't give up hope at all. You DID double and that is something. There is always a possibility that you implanted late. Women can be late implanters as late as 10-12 days so even though you know your ovulation date you may only be 3.5 weeks pregnant and not four and in that case your HCG is good.

This has happened to friend with every pregnancy and she KNEW exactly the day she got pregnant but she couldn't even get a positive blood test until after her period and the doctors told her she must implant very abnormally late. And her babies come a week later than her technical last menstrual period date.

Thank you for this note of encouragement! I actually do not know when I ovulated. My husband and I agreed to not track and to just leave it up to God. I was estimating dpo based on when I was expecting my period (which was last Friday June 10th) but it could be WAY off.

Hi ladies,

That number is quite low, but I wouldn't give up hope at all. You DID double and that is something. There is always a possibility that you implanted late. Women can be late implanters as late as 10-12 days so even though you know your ovulation date you may only be 3.5 weeks pregnant and not four and in that case your HCG is good.

This has happened to friend with every pregnancy and she KNEW exactly the day she got pregnant but she couldn't even get a positive blood test until after her period and the doctors told her she must implant very abnormally late. And her babies come a week later than her technical last menstrual period date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->