Low hcg levels

Alyssatemp

Reaction score
Went in for my blood test to confirm pregnancy at just about 3 and a half weeks. My HCG level was only a 30 so she wanted to see me back in three days to recheck. She put me on progesterone suppositories in the meantime. Just got my levels back and it was at a 27 so she said the pregnancy is not viable.

I have no symptoms of miscarriage yet but I definitely feel pregnant. Sore boobs, insomnia, frequent urination, exhaustion, etc.

So I guess I am just curious if anyone has had a similar experience with a good outcome?

Thanks

The fact that the numbers are low is not a concern. However, because your number actually decreased, I'd say your progesterone suppositories are delaying a miscarriage. Hcg doesn't follow any consistent pattern in all healthy pregnancies but it always rises. I'm very sorry for the bad news. Hope you recover quickly.

Thanks. I think I am just still in disbelief and shock. I never thought something like this would happen to me, as self absorbed as that sounds.

I still feel very much pregnant. I actually got my BFP at only 7 dpo so I figured my levels were pretty high. I even at one point considered that I might be having twins.

All of these hopes and dreams just vanish after one phone call. So strange.

:( I am so sorry. A similar thing happened to me a few months back with my chemical. I still felt pregnant! It was awful knowing I wasn't and just waiting for period to start. Not many people outside of the forum will get how devastating it can feel. :( Our bodies can play mean tricks on us. 5 months later I was able ti conceive again and even more can earlier, it depends on how you feel about it

Hey Alyssatemp,
This isn't to discourage you or your hopes. I'm just speaking from my own experience here. I had a missed miscarriage at 7 weeks 4 days (in July). I went in for my first ultrasound and they found no heartbeat. I was still having pregnancy (morning) sickness, really sore breasts, fatigue, etc. It was one of the most disheartening things to me. They wanted me to wait a week to see if my body would take care of it on it's own. So I had to go through another week of having symptoms and knowing things were ending. I know how you're feeling. Hang in there. Keep us posted. Sending you love.

Thanks. I think I am just still in disbelief and shock. I never thought something like this would happen to me, as self absorbed as that sounds.

I still feel very much pregnant. I actually got my BFP at only 7 dpo so I figured my levels were pretty high. I even at one point considered that I might be having twins.

All of these hopes and dreams just vanish after one phone call. So strange.

I felt the same way as you just a few months ago. It was my first ever pregnancy. I naively thought everything would go perfectly. Not many people in my family have had miscarriages so I assumed it was something that happened to "other people". Then it did. My hcg was rising but progesterone was low and dropping and I lost that baby.

But I'm back not long after. You will be too. The chances of two miscarriages in a row are small. Hope to see you back on the boards soon.

The supportive words from you guys really helps. Its such a weird place to be. Knowing it will probably end but still having hope because what else can you really do?

I am starting to have some heavier cramping so I guess its probably starting.

This whole thing just makes me want to hold onto and never let go of the two and a half year old that I already have. Life is so precious and can be taken so quickly.

UPDATE:

So I took another wondfo pregnancy test and it is clearly negative.

So my question is, can you miscarry without having any bleeding or symptoms of miscarriage?

Also, my doc is saying it could be a chemical pregnancy but from my understanding a chemical pregnancy is when you get pregnant but loose the baby right away and start your normal period. My period has not come and is showing now signs of coming.

Just so confused.

Hi. I'm really sorry that you've received such devastating news. I understand your heart ache. I've lost 5 pregnancies myself. My first was at 6 weeks and because they could see no evidence of a pregnancy by scan (just a thickened uterine lining) they called it a chemical pregnancy. And that was at 6 weeks! Period two weeks late. No early testing. I'd got my BFP only 4 days previously. I still had strong symptoms, but started spotting soon after, followed by a full bleed. I think the class a chemical pregnancy as a sperm and egg which meet, but do not successfully implant. I THINk anyway.
For me it's been a bumpy road, but I have a 17 month old who is due to be a big sister, so take hope that you will get there. As painful as this is it will make you appreciate your earth babies so so much.
Good luck. Xx

Could the progesterone my doctor put me on be delaying the miscarriage? I was going to keep taking them just incase this ended up being a viable pregnancy but at this point it seems very unlikely so I will stop them.

Just wondering what to do at this point. I am speaking with 3 separate doctors/midwifes because I never actually settled on one and they are all telling me different things.

This whole thing makes me that much more grateful for my baby boy (who is 2 and a half so not really a baby anymore). Its ironic because we got pregnant with him when I was on BC and not really trying. Now that we are trying and want another baby so badly something like this happens.

I am just ready for some closure, either way.

LMP September 24th

Date of conception October 8th

7 dpo I got my first positive pregnancy test.

14 dpo I got a positive digital test that said I was 1 to 2 weeks.

15 dpo my first blood draw. HCG level was 30. Low but normal my doc said.

She put me on progesterone and told me to come back in 3 days to recheck

Went in 3 days later and my levels dropped to a 27. Doc said I will miscarry

Today I took a wondfo and it was clearly negative. No signs of a miscarriage though. I should be 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant today.

I went in for more blood work today and I go back in on Friday.

I am just thinking out loud here and hoping someone has some helpful insight as to what might be going on.

Thanks Ladies.

Yes. You will not bleed until progesterone drops to certain level. Because it signals your body to keep the lining of your uterus from shedding for a baby to implant. I would personally suggest no longer taking the progesterone. The closer you are to bleeding, the sooner the whole ordeal is over with so you have a chance to try again. Since it is so early on, it shouldn't take your body long to recover. I was 7 weeks 4 days when I miscarried and I counted the first day of bleeding as cycle day 1. To be honest, I didn't even have any cramping or any sign of miscarriage until I started spotting. Then the spotting turned to bleeding and that's when the heavy duty cramps kicked in. I stopped bleeding and spotting a week later. I ovulated a little over a week after that. Though I know it's different for everyone. Some don't even ovulate in a cycle following a miscarriage. So there's no clear cut answer. I wish you all the luck in the world in this difficult time.

I have stopped the progesterone as of this morning. Hopefully the whole process starts soon so I can put it behind me.

Thank you for being so helpful.

Also, how did you feel emotionally once you got pregnant after your miscarriage? I am worried that I will have some not so welcome emotions because of this impending miscarriage.

It's definitely not the same. Having a loss kind of takes your naivety away about the possibility of things going wrong. So, for me, even though I was very happy to be pregnant again, I was really scared. I worried constantly.

Then I got my first blood test results back and both progesterone and HCG were high (progesterone was my problem with the last pregnancy). So then I could breathe again.

Then some time passed and I started to worry again for no reason. Just impossible not to worry really. I was creeping up on that 7 weeks 4 days mark when I lost my last baby and I was irrationally afraid it would happen at the exact same time again. Happy to say that milestone came and went and still no sign of losing this bean.

My first ultrasound is tomorrow, and if baby is measuring on time with a strong heartbeat, I think will finally stop feeling like and acting like a crazy person (don't hold me to that).

So, it's definitely not as exciting because you know now more than ever that things can go wrong. But your happiness is not totally stripped from you. I'm equally excited as I am afraid!

We women are made to be strong and withstand things like this. You will go on to have a beautiful healthy baby. Just take whatever time you need to heal.

Could the progesterone my doctor put me on be delaying the miscarriage? I was going to keep taking them just incase this ended up being a viable pregnancy but at this point it seems very unlikely so I will stop them.

Just wondering what to do at this point. I am speaking with 3 separate doctors/midwifes because I never actually settled on one and they are all telling me different things.

This whole thing makes me that much more grateful for my baby boy (who is 2 and a half so not really a baby anymore). Its ironic because we got pregnant with him when I was on BC and not really trying. Now that we are trying and want another baby so badly something like this happens.

I am just ready for some closure, either way.

I feel like I wrote this, it's crazy. I was also on the pill when we conceived our son, who is now 2.5. He was a very special surprise. Now 2 years later we have been trying for 6 months, finally got a bfp and I'm in the same boat as you. Can't get definite answers. Ultrasound showed nothing, hormone levels were rising, but very slowly, doctors keep saying its probably not viable but can't confirm that. It's awful, I know how you feel :(

Oh wow. It does sound like we are in the same boat. Its the most frustrating experience I think I have ever gone through.

I really think I am going to miscarry though. My back is hurting SO bad and I have some cramping, but the cramping is the same as it has been this entire pregnancy. I haven't had an ultrasound yet which is also really frustrating for me. I wish they would just confirm one way or the other for me.

I hear you. I did have an ultrasound but the tech brushed it off like no big deal. Couldn't see baby but its normal for this early. I then started cramping, back aches, and spotting the next day which has been constant for a few days now. I don't know if I can handle any more physical exams and needles with out finding answers. My doc said he is 95% sure I am having a mc. So now in just waiting! It feels like its been forever and I just want it to end so we can try again :(

UPDATE:

So I took another wondfo pregnancy test and it is clearly negative.

So my question is, can you miscarry without having any bleeding or symptoms of miscarriage?

Also, my doc is saying it could be a chemical pregnancy but from my understanding a chemical pregnancy is when you get pregnant but loose the baby right away and start your normal period. My period has not come and is showing now signs of coming.

Just so confused.

if ur not due for ur period or just due for ur period it would be considered a chemical

im sorry ;(

My period is 10 days late today. Is that still considered a chemical pregnancy?

My hormone levels were 30 and then 27. I only got them checked three times and am still waiting on the 3rd result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->