Low-lying placenta ?

Hope115

Cautiously Expecting
Reaction score
At my ultrasound today at 10w3d but measuring 10w6d my doc told me i have a low-lying placenta but as the uterus grows 99% of the time it resolves and the placenta moves up.... She said if it does stay low all should be fine i would just need to deliver c-section. She didnt seem concerned at all but being a NICU nurse i hear of placenta previa all the time. Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone else been told they had a low-lying placenta that then resolved with time? I had some bleeding when i was like 6 weeks after going to the gym and read online you shouldnt lift things, i havent had any bleedig since but also stopped going to the gym.... But my doctor didnt give me any restrictions or things too look for.... She said we will see u in six weeks and see if it starts resolving.

I went to the ER on Sunday for bleeding and pain and after bloods, pelvic and a scan they told me I also have this. Mine isn't covering the cervix but is close. I am on bed rest until I have a repeat scan on Monday. They told me I can't go to work. I was also told that it will move away as the uterus grows so I'm not very worried. I saw an 11+3 baby at 10+6 that day bouncing around. If I have to have a csection then oh well.

Sorry I didn't answer you but just know I'm going through it too and its scary!

I had this with two of my four. It did in fact move out of the way and I successfully delivered them both vaginally with no problem. Now that they know they will monitor things. You have to remember that being in the NICU you see all the bad, but that is such a small % of all that went right!! I am sure you will be in the right!!

I had complete previa with my first. I could still work but no heavy lifting or BDing :( until it moved. Had a lot of scans and at my last one before they would book a csec (34 weeks) it had moved far enough for a safe vaginal delivery. Had no issues with having a normal delivery!

It can be scary, but as allforthegirl mentioned, more often than not it moves and everything works out just fine.

Thanks so much everyone for your stories :) i feel much better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->