Low PAPP-A results and growth scans

Gray001

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I have just had a letter through saying that at my 12 week appointment the bloods that were taken have flagged up as low PAPP-A which increases the risk of having a small baby. I have also looked up and it increases the risk of Pre-eclampsia.

This has come as a bit of a shock as my results for downs from the 12 week came back fine and measurements were all ok at my 20 week anomaly scan (slightly under 50th percentile but within range).

The letter said I need to have extra growth scans at 28 and 36 weeks and a meeting with a consultant at 37 weeks.

Has anybody had this before? I was hoping for a VBAC this time around but will this mean I can't?

Thanks ladies x

I had low papp a with my first and although I had extra growth scans nothing came about from it. I ended up having bubs at 37 weeks due to cholestasis and he was 8 pounds and 52cm long. Was told all along he'd prob be small but wasn't the case. Hoping for a similar outcome for you. My Dr had a theory that mine was super low because I had been so sick (hg) but not sure there is any real evidence behind that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->