Low placenta could be out of the road?

sharnw

Mum to soon to be 3
Reaction score
I had a low placenta at my 20 week scan.. I think it was 1.8cm away from the cervix opening..
My scan is in 5 days to see where the placenta is..
My mw said I am now 4/5engaged...
Would that mean if babies head is in my pelvis; the placenta would be out of he road???
Mw didn't say anything about my placenta when she felt the head at 4/5.

I'm not sure what engagement would mean for your placenta, but if it was already 1.8cm away from the cervix at 20 weeks, I'd be absolutely shocked if it was still dangerously low. Good luck at your scan!

Not sure but I had a low placenta at 20 weeks as well and I have a scan on Monday to check it's moved up. The tech who scanned me said they're pretty certain it would move up, it was pretty rare for it to stay low.

I have a scan a week on Monday to see if mine has moved too but I was told that it only has to be 1cm away for you to have a normal delivery so if yours is already 1.8 I would of thought you'd be fine

I had a low-lying placenta at my 19 week scan; it was actually touching the lip of my cervix. But I went in yesterday for a followup at 33 weeks and it was so far away from my cervix that they did not even bother to measure it! HUGE relief, as I really want a natural birth. Oh, and my baby was also head down (not sure if that = engaged?) If your placenta was 1.8 cm away, it seems like it will move. I don't know where you are, but the cutoff for vaginal births is 2 cm at most places (in the US), so yours only would need to move 2 millimeters to be safe: 2 mm in 14-15 weeks seem very doable!

Thank you ladies! I feel much better now :)
Will update after I have my scan <3

Update :)
Placenta is wayyyy out of the road :)
Thank you for your kind encouraging posts ladies :flower:

Glad to hear it's moved, had my scan yesterday and mine's moved as well.

Yay! I was one of the few unlucky ones where it didn't move & I had my first at 38 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->