Low progesterone on "day 21" test

That's interesting Ask! I had no idea supplementing progesterone didn't really do anything for MC. I wonder if it still helps with PMS?

I wonder too! I bought the natural progesterone cream but think I may just try the baby aspirin this month instead. It is supposed to help reduce inflammation and thin blood if you have clotting issues which makes a better environment for the embryo I guess.

Ask - I have to ask why the study was not done for women with a history of luteal phase defect or low luteal phase progesterone. It's a small percentage that would not likely affect the results in the study, but perhaps could make a large difference for that group. It's true that progesterone won't make a difference for the majority, but I am not interested in the majority. I am interested in me. The other studies that suggest that P doesn't help only test P in pregnancy, not before...and by then you don't know if it's a cause or a symptom. The jury is still out for me until I see a study that controls for low luteal phase P. Miscarriage aside there are several studies on it as an effective treatment for LPD when ttc.

I was wondering the same thing after I read the study, Leson. I was trying to find research regarding progesterone supplementation and conception rates - do you have a link you could share? I see my doctor again next month for an ultrasound if I'm not pregnant this cycle. I will ask her about it!

I had low progesterone on my day 21test, so I was put on femara. My day 21 test after that was much better although we didn't get pregnant because of Male factor. When I switched clinics, my new dr did a day 3 test and diagnosed me with pcos. I have always had normal periods, but day 21 showed I wasn't ovulating and day 5 showed pcos. So it is still possible that you have a period regularly.

I have a couple articles I sent to my ob after she diagnosed me with LPD and put me on P after O. It's tough bc it seems P will help those with premature corpus luteum failure, but not those with small follicles or unruptured follicles. Those with small follicles need Clomid or Femara to correct the issue. I used the articles to ask for a monitored cycle to determine if I have small or unruptured follicles, so she is now referring me to an RE.

Here are the abstracts:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6152253/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2883140/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2902039/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3305086/

Froggy - Do you remember your cd21 levels? Did you also confirm with an ultrasound that you have pcos and were not ovulating? My CD3 tests came back normal, but she only tested for FSH and E2.

My cd 21 was 10.1. She said that if I was ovulating it was "weak" ovulation. I didn't have an ultrasound to aid in my diagnosis of pcos, but the way I reacted to stimming in both of my ivf cycles coincided with my diagnosis.

Thank you for the articles, Leson!

Do you ladies chart your bbt? My doctor said that I can be pretty sure I am ovulating due to my positive OPKs and corresponding thermal shift. My luteal phase seems to be 12-13 days. I wonder about my P levels because of the extreme PMS symptoms I get which I've read can be a result of low P (extreme breast tenderness / swelling after O, bloating and water retention, severe mood swings) and long periods (7 days) and adult acne.

I do chart regularly. I always have clear opks around cd12 and a thermal shift right after. Like clockwork. Docs are all over the place with what confirms ovulation. We'll see what the RE says when we go. Ask - interesting about the extreme Pms...mine was always mild, 1 day of cramps, 3-5 day periods, never any breast tenderness. Now on P my PMS is worse. Except this cycle on 200 mg has been different, smooth, no symptoms really. Maybe I've adjusted?

Ask your severe PMS sounds like mine. I also wonder about low P for that reason. I get my CD 21 bloods done on Wednesday. I hope it's all okay!

My doctor said some people are just more sensitive to progesterone / shift of hormones. Good luck and keep us posted!

I've been wondering that same thing ask, that maybe I'm just sensitive to the hormone switch. I'll keep you posted!

How is everyone doing?

I just got my rainbow BFP this morning. Still taking 200 mg progesterone daily. So hoping we get to keep this little one.

...and it's a chemical...back to ttc and so so want that monitored cycle.

Hi ladies. I am currently having blood tests done to check iron levels etc. the last two months i have spotted several days before bleeding and cramping without bleeding. The first month i had negative tests and this week i had bfps and confirmed pregnancy through a drs blood test. I continued to spot and bleed and my tests slowly turned negative. My cycles are every 25 days and i think i ovulate on day 13. I worry that i could have low progesterone as this isn't the first time i have been pregnant and lost the pregnancy within hours of finding out.

I'm sorry for your loss Laura xxx.

My TSH and Prolactin levels came back high. I can't believe I missed this but hypothyroidism can cause high prolactin which in turn can cause premature failure of the corpus luteum resulting in low luteal progesterone and recurrent loss 😞. Turns out my mom was diagnosed with hashimoto's at 31 or 32. Going on synthroid could be my golden ticket to a baby. I start today. Fingers crossed!

Another great article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3659905/#!po=70.7143

The summary is that progesterone supplementation helps:

1) Those with luteal phase defect
2) Those with PCOS if P is low at 5 weeks gestation
3) Those with recurrent miscarriage

I'm currently 3+3 on progesterone, Estrogen, baby aspirin, and synthroid. Checking my levels tomorrow. So, so hoping this is our take home baby 🙏

All the best to you all <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->