Low progesterone?

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
My lp is only 9-10 days long. I only ovulate thanks to soy isofavlones which I have used for 4 cycles now I'm ovulating my lp is shorter than it was when ttc my son, I had a chemical two cycles before he was conceived and got a very faint bfp on 11 dpo when my son was conceived I got a very faint bfp on 12 dpo I suspected i implanted on 9dpo both times.

Anyways I've already been to the fertility clinic because I wasn't ovulating but they couldn't offer clomid because my bmi is higher than they give it out at. So I was sent away to lose weight and told to refer again when I lost the weight.
So I turned to soy isofavlones 4 cycles ago and have ovulated the past 3 cycles, with 9-10 days lp. My first two charts were very similar my temps started to get high after ovulation but dropped every day from 5dpo. This cycle I tried vitamin b6 and my temps didn't get as high but didn't drop at 5dpo like the 2 previous cycles I was hopeful the b6 had worked but started heavy spotting this morning at 9dpo.
I had a Drs appointment the other day and mentioned my lp being only 9-10 days the Dr looked blank like he didn't have a clue what I was talking about and didn't offer any advice just sent me on my way.

So now what to do I do? I'm pretty stuck now.

I also believe I have issues with low progesterone- I average a 10 day LP. I brought this up with my Dr too and she basically told me that she didn't believe that a LP defect was a real thing and told me not to worry and I'll be ok....

Well, I chose to ignore her because obviously a LP defect is an actual issue. If you have too short of an LP, the egg can't implant. It just seems so obvious to me. Well anyway, I started using over the counter progesterone cream after ovulation. I did a lot of research and have spoken to several amazing ladies on this board who also use progesterone cream with good results. I am 3dpo today and started the cream yesterday morning. I'll report back as to how this affects my LP length, but I'm very hopeful.

Where do you apply it?

I am applying 20mg in the morning and also 20mg at night. You apply it to the soft areas of your body- inner thighs, stomach, inner arms. You also have to wait until after you know you have ovulated or else it will prevent ovulation or negatively affect it. So wait until you know you ovulated and then start using it. I started the morning of 2dpo.

Use it throughout your LP. If you get your period, stop using it and wait to use it again the next time you ovulate. If you get your BFP, keep using it.

Obviously I'm not a doctor but after doing my research and talking to others on these threads who use the cream, this seems to be the agreed upon method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->