Low, Slow Rising hCG - So worried!

ireadyermind

Reaction score
I'm sitting here trying to remain optimistic, but this is really difficult. Can any of you ladies share with me your stories of low and slow rising hCG? Good or bad outcomes.. I just need a little perspective.

Back story: Went in for a scan at 5 weeks-ish, with the midwife insisting I was 8 weeks due to my LMP. I have long cycles and late ovulation, though, so I know I wasn't 8 weeks. When they didn't see anything on the scan, they sent me for blood betas and then scheduled a scan with the ultrasound lab instead. Scan revealed nothing in uterus, nothing in tubes or outside of uterus.

Bloods from Monday, 6/29 were 184. Bloods from today, 7/1 were 220.

OB says that's a very slow rise. She says we can't yet rule out ectopic because we can't see anything on the scan yet, and won't until my levels reach somewhere between 1,000 - 2,000. She also says that there's a chance I'm just a slow riser, and that I could catch up and go on to have a healthy pregnancy.

I'm scheduled for more blood tests to be done on Friday, 7/3 and I'm so stressed out right now! :cry:

I'm not currently cramping or bleeding, my pregnancy symptoms are about the same as they've been the past week. I want to be optimistic about all of this, but it's very difficult right now.

Any of you ladies have the same issue?

I have no stories, but I wanted to say I'm sorry you are going through this... I hope all turns out well!!!!

Hi ireadyermind! I was in the getting fit before baby thread for quite a while with you. I just wanted to say congrats. Now, I am not even 7 weeks yet or had an ultrasound, but I did have low numbers in the beginning. My HCG was 35 at 14dpo, which was very low and according to my doctor it should have been over 100. 2 days later at 16dpo it only went up to 66, which was still low. Then when I went back again at 18dpo it jumped to 275 I believe then was up over 2000 on 22dpo. My doctor said that some people just start off lower and it takes some time before it catches up.

I know it is hard, but try to take it one day at a time. Your next scan will be here before you know it to ease your mind. Best wishes to you!

Hi ireadyermind! I was in the getting fit before baby thread for quite a while with you. I just wanted to say congrats. Now, I am not even 7 weeks yet or had an ultrasound, but I did have low numbers in the beginning. My HCG was 35 at 14dpo, which was very low and according to my doctor it should have been over 100. 2 days later at 16dpo it only went up to 66, which was still low. Then when I went back again at 18dpo it jumped to 275 I believe then was up over 2000 on 22dpo. My doctor said that some people just start off lower and it takes some time before it catches up.

I know it is hard, but try to take it one day at a time. Your next scan will be here before you know it to ease your mind. Best wishes to you!

Thanks for commenting and for the congratulations. :flower:

I am currently around 25 dpo (could be as low as 22 dpo, depending on when I actually ovulated. I could be off by a few days.) and I really thought my levels would be higher by now. With a level of 220 yesterday, approx 23 - 24 dpo, I'm feeling pretty glum. But I have yet another blood test to do tomorrow (my poor arms! I've got bruises from the needles. Ow.) and I'm really hoping that the levels are catching up to where they're supposed to be!

Or, if nothing else, they at least drop and let me know that the pregnancy isn't viable. This slow rising nonsense is horrible! If I at least knew that I was going to miscarry, I could mourn the loss, try to enjoy my weekend with family and get back to TTC in a month or two.

But now I'm stuck in limbo. I feel like I'm going nuts. ](*,)

ireadyermind- I am sorry you are going through this. I am in a similar boat. So far my numbers are doubling within the 48-72 hour time frame but the nurse doesn't sound too optimistic.

11dpo= 49
14dpo= 104 --> doubling time 66 hours
16dpo= 202 --> doubling time 50 hours

So even though they are improving they are still low. Nurse said it could go either way. I am trying to be optimistic and take each day as it comes. We both just need to remember this, Today we are pregnant!

ireadyermind- I am sorry you are going through this. I am in a similar boat. So far my numbers are doubling within the 48-72 hour time frame but the nurse doesn't sound too optimistic.

11dpo= 49
14dpo= 104 --> doubling time 66 hours
16dpo= 202 --> doubling time 50 hours

So even though they are improving they are still low. Nurse said it could go either way. I am trying to be optimistic and take each day as it comes. We both just need to remember this, Today we are pregnant!

If they're doubling within 72 hours, why does the nurse think that's a bad thing? From what everyone's been saying, it's not the level that matters as much as the fact that they're doubling! I hate it when doctors cause unnecessary stress and worry just because something isn't following a textbook case. :hugs:

If my levels keep up this pace, it will take them a full week to double, if they do at all. :\ My increase from the last 48hr test was only 30%. I just have to hope hope hope that there's a BIG increase on tomorrow's levels!

Mine is 43, 11 days post IVF FET 5DayBlast. They said I should be around 270. Hopefully there is an increase tomorrow, then it will be day 14.

Just and update: I miscarried over Independence Day weekend. So for me, low and slow rising numbers meant it wasn't a viable pregnancy.

My number is now 127 day 14. Its still low but doubled

Just and update: I miscarried over Independence Day weekend. So for me, low and slow rising numbers meant it wasn't a viable pregnancy.

Just want to say that I'm so sorry for your loss. It is one of the most heartbreaking experiences ever. I lost my LO in December. BUT, I wanted to give you hope: your rainbow baby is around the corner (when you're ready to TTC again). I had a similar issue with my hCG in October/November and tried to remain optimistic. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be and I lost Little Bean. I fell pregnant again at the end of May and hCG rose like crazy this time. Little Legume is on track (fingers crossed this is my rainbow). So, please, take care of yourself and allow yourself to cry or be angry or whatever it is your feeling. You will always be a mama to the LO you lost and that LO will be an eternal part of your family. Soon enough, though I know it won't feel fast, you will have your rainbow and you will be the best mama ever. Massive hugs and healing light your way. :hugs:

Just want to say that I'm so sorry for your loss. It is one of the most heartbreaking experiences ever. I lost my LO in December. BUT, I wanted to give you hope: your rainbow baby is around the corner (when you're ready to TTC again). I had a similar issue with my hCG in October/November and tried to remain optimistic. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be and I lost Little Bean. I fell pregnant again at the end of May and hCG rose like crazy this time. Little Legume is on track (fingers crossed this is my rainbow). So, please, take care of yourself and allow yourself to cry or be angry or whatever it is your feeling. You will always be a mama to the LO you lost and that LO will be an eternal part of your family. Soon enough, though I know it won't feel fast, you will have your rainbow and you will be the best mama ever. Massive hugs and healing light your way. :hugs:

Thank you so much for your kind words. :hugs:

I'm in an odd place right now, emotionally. I thought I was past the crying point earlier this week, and then I found out that my younger sister is 4mos pregnant with her fourth child and it upset me far more than I thought it would. Especially since she's not in a position to support the children she already has (unemployed, living in a home that's crumbling around them, she can barely get the oldest boy to school 3 days a week, etc.), let alone another one. So for a few days I was juggling between sadness, anger, jealousy and disappointment in myself. It's a rough time, but I know I'll come through okay.

I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and you end up with a healthy little baby at the end! :hugs:

Thank you so much for your kind words. :hugs:

I'm in an odd place right now, emotionally. I thought I was past the crying point earlier this week, and then I found out that my younger sister is 4mos pregnant with her fourth child and it upset me far more than I thought it would. Especially since she's not in a position to support the children she already has (unemployed, living in a home that's crumbling around them, she can barely get the oldest boy to school 3 days a week, etc.), let alone another one. So for a few days I was juggling between sadness, anger, jealousy and disappointment in myself. It's a rough time, but I know I'll come through okay.

I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and you end up with a healthy little baby at the end! :hugs:

Just want to say, I know EXACTLY how you're feeling. Just let the emotions flow. They're all completely natural and normal. Just don't be too harsh on yourself. Waaaay easier said than done. I'm still sad when I think of my Little Bean (I would've given birth just this past July 16 had that pregnancy been viable). A piece of your heart will always be missing. And that strange mix of emotions surrounding others' pregnancies (whether they can support the baby or not) will continue to arise. Heck, I'm even pregnant and I STILL go through the range of emotions when others' announce their pregnancies. It's the strangest thing, but completely normal. Give yourself time and love. Feel free to message me if you ever wanna talk, about anything. Thank you for your wishes. I hope that whatever your heart desires is what happens next. Please update here when you get your next BFP, whenever that may be. I'm rooting for you. Xoxox

I am so sorry for your loss :hugs: I hope you get your rainbow baby soon.

Don't give up! Your twinkle time will be soon, I lost a baby and will always remember one of the doctors saying to me "you have to remember you would t want anything less than perfect and that's what youl get"

I was told last week my pregnancy won't continue and hadn't developed properly, spoke to about medication then went back in and hcg doubled, I'm waiting for a scan next Wednesday morning to see if the doctor is right "prepare yourself for the worst" or the sonographer "wait and see"
Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"