LTTTC #1 - Support Group *Please share your story

Hi love. I hope you can do IVF. I am overweight as well, but since we have to pay out of pocket anyways they aren't making me lose weight (although maybe they should) in order to proceed with the next FET.

Sorry your dad was being so insensitive, i am sure he didn't mean that he would rather be somewhere else, but I know I would have felt the same thing. I am having a hard time dealing with Christmas this year and relatives as well. I just want this day ... week ... year to be over!

Hi, ladies.. just wanted to join in.

I have been TTC almost four years in May (three year mark with RE help in March).. my history is in my siggy. Gearing up for embryo banking hopefully in the next month or two. LTTTC is exhausting.. =(

Beneathmywing you are so right, it is exhausting physically and sometimes mentally.

Welcome to the thread. How have you coped with the holidays?

Beneathmywing you are so right, it is exhausting physically and sometimes mentally.

Welcome to the thread. How have you coped with the holidays?

I agree.. Thank you for the welcome!

I did better than I thought I was going to. I just had a chemical about 10 weeks ago and had planned a cute way to reveal to my nieces on Christmas morning.. so that part of the day sucked, but I got over it quickly, thankfully.

How about you?

Mine was mostly good, I really wasn't feeling it this year but was nice to spend time with family. We are just about to head off for 5 nights away for hubby's birthday with his folks and his son & wife. Hoping it will be good fun

Hi ladies,

I would like to join. We have not been TTC for a long time in months (started Nov 2015, so just over a year now), but I'm already on my 17th cycle due to shorter cycles. We have tried every natural treatment we could think of this past year including acupuncture and chinese herbs. The acupuncture and herbs seemed to lengthen my cycles from 25 days to 26-27 days, so I will count that as a positive. This is our last natural cycle, after this we will do 3 cycles of femara and then look at IUI in June and IVF next January. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed that we have already been TTC for one year. I am exhausted already and haven't even begun treatment yet :(

They haven't been able to find anything causing our infertility, so we are unexplained. It makes no sense to me :(

I'm glad to hear everyone made it through the holidays okay. I was pretty nervous about it... I was 100% positive I would already be pregnant or even have a baby by now.

Hi bellenuit - unexplained is very frustrating, we were unexplained for four years until they did an in depth test for hubs and found some severe fragmentation issues, which is what we are now considered. Male factor. Don't get too overwhelmed with the journey that may be, I think it is best to just focus on the next step. Don't get too far ahead, and hopefully you will have a bundle soon.

Hey Beneath and wannabe!
Glad we all made it through the holidays intact.

We just had our Christmas with hubs family and although it was nice seeing them it was a bit weird. They only have one other son who lives at home so there are no young kids or anything, it is just us old folks trying to make Christmas fun. But they are obsessed with their dog in the worst way possible I feel like it is a replacement for a grand baby. I feel so horribly guilty I couldn't give them a grandchild they have wanted for so long. I am terrified that they will pass before we have a child and my hubs will feel guilty for it. Does that make sense?

Thanks Myshelsong. I think that's good advice, just looking at it one step at a time. What was the name of that test you had done that discovered the fragmentation issues? That's been my worry all along that, that is our problem.

I honestly don't think there is a test name beyond sperm fragmentation test. Ask your doctor for the test, it isn't standard with your regular doctor so it might have to be ordered out.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am starting my FET medication for this upcoming cycle and having mixed emotions. I am drained from starting this all over again, but excited to be another step closer, but also terrified that the worst will happen again. Ugh.

Side note, we got a bunch of snow again last night and all today. Lots of shovelling and now my back hurts hahaha.

Back to being productive! Finished two painting for paint party options this week so far. Now just to do other paintings I have been commissioned for.

Waiting for the FET is taking so long. Where is everyone else in their cycle?

I'm around ovulation time but currently can't bd as having an "asthma episode"- had an attack New Year's Eve and not been right since and then another attack last night. Now on steroids! Feels like it's going to be another great year!!

I just saw this, omg are you feeling better? Do you know what triggered the asthma attack?

I just saw this, omg are you feeling better? Do you know what triggered the asthma attack?

Much better thank you. It lasted about a week - we think the first arrack was triggered by the cottage we were staying in. I'm just gutted we missed out on a month. Hey ho?

Hope you are well?

That really sucks, I hate it when we miss a month because of something like sickness. It is so annoying.

We are going for our FET tomorrow, I am freaking out. Had a stress headache for the last three days (could also be prometrium) trying to keep my fingers crossed but don't want to get overly excited. Just a good balance of fear, anxiety, hope and positivity. Hahahaha finding the line is pretty hard.
Making hubs take me out today to keep my mind off of it.

Good luck tomorrow with your fet!! I'm keeping my FX for you! I can't imagine what a bag of nerves you must be!!

That really sucks, I hate it when we miss a month because of something like sickness. It is so annoying.

We are going for our FET tomorrow, I am freaking out. Had a stress headache for the last three days (could also be prometrium) trying to keep my fingers crossed but don't want to get overly excited. Just a good balance of fear, anxiety, hope and positivity. Hahahaha finding the line is pretty hard.
Making hubs take me out today to keep my mind off of it.

Have everything crossed for you, keep us posted x

Thanks ladies, I am bouncing from being normal and a bar of nerves but doing pretty ok I think. Having a tea and going to go out bowling in a bit to just get out of the house. I have become a hermit the last few months, need to be a person again!

How are you doing Bellenuit? Are you a tww symptom spotter?

Hey Myshelsong, not a symptom spotter, and not a dpo counter either lol. TWW is about half over now so not too much longer to wait. I'll probably start spotting in a couple days which will mean AF is gonna show. If I don't spot I'll get excited! Guess we will see.

Yes! That had me LOL :) id feel the same way! Me and DH go back and forth bout whos at fault! Of course in a joking manner....its a dangerous time at the end of each month to be serious about something like that! Haha af dont play!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->